11-12-18 06:54 AM
28 12
tools
    This is regarding BBM. I want to create a separate BBM account on my blackberry Z10, but unfortunately, I'm using the same blackberry ID in this device as I am on my other device. I'm already connected to BBM on the other device, and when I open BBM, I just get a message saying transfer everything over to this device or exit. I'm thinking right now to back up this device, create a new BlackBerry ID and then restore the device. But I'm not to certain that that's going to work. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-18 10:13 PM
    This is regarding BBM. I want to create a separate BBM account on my blackberry Z10, but unfortunately, I'm using the same blackberry ID in this device as I am on my other device. I'm already connected to BBM on the other device, and when I open BBM, I just get a message saying transfer everything over to this device or exit. I'm thinking right now to back up this device, create a new BlackBerry ID and then restore the device. But I'm not to certain that that's going to work. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    On BB10, your BBID must be the same for the device and for BBM.

If you want a new BBM, you will have to disable protect, do a factory reset, and set up the device with a new BBID.

You will, of course, lose all of your purchases from BlackBerry World.
    11-04-18 11:53 PM
    On BB10, your BBID must be the same for the device and for BBM.

If you want a new BBM, you will have to disable protect, do a factory reset, and set up the device with a new BBID.

You will, of course, lose all of your purchases from BlackBerry World.
    Okay, but why would I have to disable BlackBerry Protect?
    11-05-18 06:09 AM
    Okay, but why would I have to disable BlackBerry Protect?
    So it allows you to enter a new BBID after the wipe.
    11-05-18 07:37 AM
    I have gotten the order wrong! I wiped my Q5, tried to add a different BBID, informed the device was being protected by BlackBerry Protect and to use the original BBID. Logged onto the BlackBerry Protect web site and disabled it for the device.

Problem, I don't think I can do a factory reset as I am stuck in this 'New Phone' installation set up!

Any thoughts?

John (Crackberry fan for 10 years!)

Posted via CB10
    11-05-18 11:43 AM
    I have gotten the order wrong! I wiped my Q5, tried to add a different BBID, informed the device was being protected by BlackBerry Protect and to use the original BBID. Logged onto the BlackBerry Protect web site and disabled it for the device.

Problem, I don't think I can do a factory reset as I am stuck in this 'New Phone' installation set up!

Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Set it up again with the original BBID.

Then disable protect both on the website and on the device.

Then do the factory reset and start over with a new BBID.
    11-05-18 12:09 PM
    Tried that but it keeps telling me I have the wrong BBID. This is not right. Is there any way BlackBerry can tell you what email address they have against the device in BlackBerry Protect. Is it possible the Blackberry database has been corrupted after the BlackBerry Mobile changeover?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-18 06:10 PM
    Tried that but it keeps telling me I have the wrong BBID. This is not right. Is there any way BlackBerry can tell you what email address they have against the device in BlackBerry Protect. Is it possible the Blackberry database has been corrupted after the BlackBerry Mobile changeover?

Posted via CB10
    No chance of corruption.

Try logging in online to see if your device is listed.

You didn't accidentally DELETE your BBID as opposed to removing your device from Protect, did you?
    11-05-18 07:29 PM
    I have four Blackberry IDs used by myself and my two daughters who used the Q5 in the past. I can log on to the Blackberry ID web site and Blackberry Protect web sites using their credentials, no problem at all. BlackBerry Protect no longer protects this device from all four accounts. I can't think of any other Blackberry ID that could have been used by this personal device.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-18 03:54 AM
    I have four Blackberry IDs used by myself and my two daughters who used the Q5 in the past. I can log on to the Blackberry ID web site and Blackberry Protect web sites using their credentials, no problem at all. BlackBerry Protect no longer protects this device from all four accounts. I can't think of any other Blackberry ID that could have been used by this personal device.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately, there is no other possibility. You must be just forgetting one.
    11-06-18 08:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hey John,

Have you tried using an autoloader to reset the device? Those don't require you to go through the new phone setup process; all you need to do is to connect the phone via USB and run the autoloader. Now, this will of course wipe the device completely, but it sounds like that's not an issue for you as you're already setting it up as a new phone.

Once the autoloader completes, you'd then use the BBID that you used to log in and disable Blackberry Protect with (or any other one really) to set up the device.

Make sense? Feel free to PM me as needed for more information.
    11-06-18 08:20 AM
    Hey John,

Have you tried using an autoloader to reset the device? Those don't require you to go through the new phone setup process; all you need to do is to connect the phone via USB and run the autoloader. Now, this will of course wipe the device completely, but it sounds like that's not an issue for you as you're already setting it up as a new phone.

Once the autoloader completes, you'd then use the BBID that you used to log in and disable Blackberry Protect with (or any other one really) to set up the device.

Make sense? Feel free to PM me as needed for more information.
    That's exactly where he's stuck now. He's being asked to enter his original bbid, before he can continue. An autoloader will just bring him back to the exact same place.
    11-06-18 08:32 AM
    That's exactly where he's stuck now. He's being asked to enter his original bbid, before he can continue. An autoloader will just bring him back to the exact same place.
    If that is indeed where he's stuck, he can say so. He previously indicated he's unable to do an additional factory reset because he's stuck in the phone setup screen, which implies he may not be aware of autoloaders, which can be applied regardless of where one is in the setup process.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-18 08:37 AM
    If that is indeed where he's stuck, he can say so. He previously indicated he's unable to do an additional factory reset because he's stuck in the phone setup screen, which implies he may not be aware of autoloaders, which can be applied regardless of where one is in the setup process.

Posted via CB10
    "I wiped my Q5, tried to add a different BBID, informed the device was being protected by BlackBerry Protect and to use the original BBID."
    11-06-18 08:38 AM
    "I wiped my Q5, tried to add a different BBID, informed the device was being protected by BlackBerry Protect and to use the original BBID."
    "Problem, I don't think I can do a factory reset as I am stuck in this 'New Phone' installation set up!"
    11-06-18 08:40 AM
    "Problem, I don't think I can do a factory reset as I am stuck in this 'New Phone' installation set up!"
    That's right. He can't proceed from the anti-theft prompt.
    11-06-18 08:41 AM
    That's right. He can't proceed from the anti-theft prompt.
    Yes, that is right. Since he can't proceed past that prompt, but appears to have successfully disabled Blackberry Protect using a known Blackberry ID, it's logical that that is the ID in question. Using an autoloader to factory reset the device and then trying again with that ID may well allow him to set up the device.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-18 09:11 AM
    Yes, that is right. Since he can't proceed past that prompt, but appears to have successfully disabled Blackberry Protect using a known Blackberry ID, it's logical that that is the ID in question. Using an autoloader to factory reset the device and then trying again with that ID may well allow him to set up the device.

Posted via CB10
    If that was the case, he'd only have to reboot the device.
    11-06-18 09:35 AM

Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Try simply rebooting the device by holding down the power button.
    11-06-18 09:36 AM
    I've tried rebooting the device multiple times by holding down the power button more than 10 seconds. This simple reboots the device and I am back to where I started at the setup wizard.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-18 09:48 AM

Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry for this being such a long thread John! If restarting the device doesn't work, or if you've already tried that, please feel free to PM and I'll be happy to walk you through using an autoloader as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-18 09:53 AM
    Hi Trumpet Tiger, I know this sounds daft but how do I PM you? If we sort this I will post the results to the thread for others to benefit.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-18 10:01 AM
    I've tried rebooting the device multiple times by holding down the power button more than 10 seconds. This simple reboots the device and I am back to where I started at the setup wizard.

Posted via CB10
    If the device was truly removed from BlackBerry Protect, that should have done it.

I'm back to suggesting you have another BBID you forgot.
    11-06-18 11:49 AM
    OK, worked out how to download and install a 10.3.3 OS from Blitz. Exactly the same issue as before. Surely Blackberry knows what BBID is locked to this device instead of this guessing nonsense?!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-18 05:23 PM
    OK, worked out how to download and install a 10.3.3 OS from Blitz. Exactly the same issue as before. Surely Blackberry knows what BBID is locked to this device instead of this guessing nonsense?!

Posted via CB10
    They may, but unless you give them your device with the original proof of purchase, they won't give it to you. This is what anti-theft is for.
    11-06-18 06:17 PM
28 12