Hello! Is there Bedside mode on key2 like it was on OS10? (Swipe down from locked screen, and clock icon would be there all night)
    I can't find this option/setting on Key2
    Thanks
    11-06-18 02:30 AM
    There is no bedside mode as it was on BB10 or BBOS.
    11-06-18 12:39 PM
    There is no bedside mode as it was on BB10 or BBOS.
    Aside from draining the battery, not sure what the point of that mode was
    11-06-18 06:15 PM
    It was good for when you wanted all notifications silent except for certain things. Like calls from Mom/Dad/Boss or whatever.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    11-06-18 06:25 PM
    Bedside Mode didn't drain the battery. It just altered how the notifications worked.

If leaving the screen on with the red clock face is what you are taking about, the clock stayed on only if the phone was on the charger. The screen still turned off at the time-out setting when unplugged.

Do Not Disturb setting is similar in android, and can be made to do pretty much almost the same.
    11-07-18 12:56 AM
    It was good for when you wanted all notifications silent except for certain things. Like calls from Mom/Dad/Boss or whatever.
    Oh so it's not like airplane mode where everything is off anyway
    11-07-18 03:10 AM
    There is an option for bedside mode. When you swipe down there should be a small circle with a line thru it. press it it will activate silent mode / do not disturb. You can also hold down the volume key until it shows do not disturb on the screen. You can change the settings to have only certain notifications come thru.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-07-18 06:57 AM
    Well, I kinda made walkarround...
    I put to dnd alarms only, then go to clock, activate screen saver, and dim/bright time (analog/digitalclock) shows and stays there untill you unplug charger. You have to let screen shut itself off (not by pressing power button), only then it triggers screensaver and stays like that....
    So, its kinda the same like Bedside mode in OS10..... It will NOT work if charger is unplugged ofc.
    11-07-18 08:55 AM
    It does not drain your battery, it works only while charger is plugged.
    Point of that mode is that you see clock if you for example wake during night and you dont have to get up and click phone to see time (if you dont have other clock in room ofc)
    Only 'bad' thing is that display works all night, but hey, it wont affect phones longevity at all...
    11-07-18 08:57 AM
    Bedside Mode didn't drain the battery. It just altered how the notifications worked.

If leaving the screen on with the red clock face is what you are taking about, the clock stayed on only if the phone was on the charger. The screen still turned off at the time-out setting when unplugged.

Do Not Disturb setting is similar in android, and can be made to do pretty much almost the same.
    Exactly!!!
    11-07-18 08:58 AM
    There is an option for bedside mode. When you swipe down there should be a small circle with a line thru it. press it it will activate silent mode / do not disturb. You can also hold down the volume key until it shows do not disturb on the screen. You can change the settings to have only certain notifications come thru.
    Yes, but to see clock continuously you have to start screensaver from clock app
    eiruvrav likes this.
    11-07-18 09:00 AM
    It's the most used app on my Passport.........I use it 7 hours per day (err night) . The Passport is always plugged in a charging stand,lol.
    11-07-18 09:00 AM
    It's the most used app on my Passport.........I use it 7 hours per day (err night) . The Passport is always plugged in a charging stand,lol.
    For battery longevity, I don't leave my devices plugged in overnight. I charge them an hour and a half before going to sleep, and then I just clear all apps, put it on airplane + battery saving mode and wake up to it at 98% which is acceptable.
    11-07-18 09:06 AM
    For battery longevity, I don't leave my devices plugged in overnight. I charge them an hour and a half before going to sleep, and then I just clear all apps, put it on airplane + battery saving mode and wake up to it at 98% which is acceptable.
    Yeah I know all about battery longevity--my Passport has 928 Charge cycles on it over a 4+ year life. Still shows up as in good condition on BBVE and I go to bed with never less than 40%. What an awesome investment back in 2014.
    11-07-18 09:17 AM
    Nice, but I think 'bat saving mode' doesnt do anything to help save battery (in case you described), since you dont receive no data/notifications, nor you use phone at all untill you wake up....
    11-07-18 10:22 AM
    Battery life on my Z10 sucked anyway. Now that it's 5 years old, I don't expect much, although it's not in regular use anymore. Originally, I got maybe 16 hours average battery life when brand-new. At 2 1/2 years it started to drop to around 14 hours, and at 3 when I retired it, it was down to 8-10. I attribute that to basic life-span of li-ion batteries in general - especially when undersized the way the Z10 battery was.

Leaving it plugged in every night for the three years it was my daily driver had no affect on battery. That's a false tale. The internal circuitry shuts the charge down to a trickle once it reaches 100%.

Now, I get 3 days on a charge. But, cellular is off (SIM is deactivated), I only check it once every few days, and data is only through wi-fi (now I know the cellular radio is the big battery killer).

Also, Bedside Mode has an option to turn the radios off if you wanted - effectively going into airplane mode.
    11-07-18 10:40 AM
    Yes, but to see clock continuously you have to start screensaver from clock app
    This is true I may have not understood the original post. I thought you were looking for a silent mode or similar like on BB10.
    11-07-18 01:18 PM
    Battery life on my Z10 sucked anyway. Now that it's 5 years old, I don't expect much, although it's not in regular use anymore. Originally, I got maybe 16 hours average battery life when brand-new. At 2 1/2 years it started to drop to around 14 hours, and at 3 when I retired it, it was down to 8-10. I attribute that to basic life-span of li-ion batteries in general - especially when undersized the way the Z10 battery was.

Leaving it plugged in every night for the three years it was my daily driver had no affect on battery. That's a false tale. The internal circuitry shuts the charge down to a trickle once it reaches 100%.

Now, I get 3 days on a charge. But, cellular is off (SIM is deactivated), I only check it once every few days, and data is only through wi-fi (now I know the cellular radio is the big battery killer).

Also, Bedside Mode has an option to turn the radios off if you wanted - effectively going into airplane mode.
    Could be true...in that case, only potential downside of having bedside mode / screensawer workarround all night is that screen is ON all night, hence might reduce Its own longevity...but that also might be very minimal....
    11-07-18 02:18 PM

You just have to add clock digital/analog via starting screensaver, and then its EXACTLY the same like Bedside mode, just on key2 you have more options with notification settings
    11-07-18 03:32 PM