I am very familiar with BBM and BBMe (2 days of using now) features, the only thing I miss/didn't find in BBMe is 'private chat' option...
    Is there private chat feature on BBMe (like it was on BBM) or I am failing to find it?
    Thanks!
    04-20-19 05:06 PM
    No private chat feature on BBMe.
    04-20-19 06:09 PM
    04-21-19 01:59 PM
    I am very familiar with BBM and BBMe (2 days of using now) features, the only thing I miss/didn't find in BBMe is 'private chat' option...
    Is there private chat feature on BBMe (like it was on BBM) or I am failing to find it?
    Thanks!
    There is no need for it on BBMe because it is always end to end encrypted. On BBM it nevr was, also in the private chats.
    04-21-19 02:36 PM
    There is no need for it on BBMe because it is always end to end encrypted. On BBM it nevr was, also in the private chats.
    He's referring to the function of a self-destructing chat like BBM Consumer and Telegram.
    04-21-19 03:32 PM
    He's referring to the function of a self-destructing chat like BBM Consumer and Telegram.
    Ah! Thank you. -I don't miss it.
    04-21-19 03:40 PM
    Ah! Thank you. -I don't miss it.
    Maybe not, but it's an important security feature.

It allows you to control sensitive information that is resident on other people's devices.
    04-21-19 03:41 PM
    Not for me. The end2end encryption is much more important for me.
    04-21-19 03:43 PM
    Not for me. The end2end encryption is much more important for me.
    Actually, information contained on OTHER people's devices is a MUCH bigger privacy issue, and is exploited FAR more than anything else.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-21-19 03:45 PM

It allows you to control sensitive information that is resident on other people's devices.
    Timed messages. Not quite the same but still effective.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-19 04:38 PM
    Self destructing chats are possible on BBMe.

It's a setting in the IDP Control Panel. You can set it to any length of time you wish, from a second to weeks. It applies at all times to all your chats.

https://idp.blackberry.com/idp/auth/bbid/login

Under Services -> BBM Enterprise (EDIT button) -> Scroll down to find:

BBM Protected Message Expiry: (Type in length of time in seconds)
    CrackPriv likes this.
    04-21-19 06:58 PM
    Self destructing chats are possible on BBMe.

It's a setting in the IDP Control Panel. You can set it to any length of time you wish, from a second to weeks. It applies at all times to all your chats.

https://idp.blackberry.com/idp/auth/bbid/login

Under Services -> BBM Enterprise (EDIT button) -> Scroll down to find:

BBM Protected Message Expiry: (Type in length of time in seconds)
    While this is good, it's not exactly convenient on a per chat basis.

Depending on content, there are some I'd like to keep, and some I'd like to self-destruct.
    04-21-19 07:17 PM
    While this is good, it's not exactly convenient on a per chat basis.

Depending on content, there are some I'd like to keep, and some I'd like to self-destruct.
    I set mine on the order of weeks. This way I know that in the long run, the chats are swept clean on both sides of the conversation while still maintaining a convenient amount of history.

If I want a particular message to be swept even sooner, then I'll use a timed message.
    CrackPriv likes this.
    04-21-19 07:20 PM
    You can retract an entire chat. Same thing.
    04-22-19 05:05 AM
    You can retract an entire chat. Same thing.
    Not really. You have to actively perform that function. What if you are incarcerated or otherwise out of touch or incapacitated?
    04-22-19 07:37 AM
    If you're incarcerated, you got no access to your phone. I personally like the fact that I can retract an entire chat or only a single message sent by mistake or in anger in an argument...lol. I never used the private chat feature with anyone, so I don't really care for it.
    04-23-19 12:18 AM
    If you're incarcerated, you got no access to your phone.
    That's the point.
    chetmanley likes this.
    04-23-19 05:08 AM
    That's the point.
    Ok...I played with message expiry. First, I put in "60" becasue I thought that it was in days. But, it turns out that it's minutes...so I put 86400 (which is 60 days in minutes)...but the messages kept expiring after 60 minutes. I changed it to blank...and the messages still expired...then I changed it to 0...and the messages kept expiring. then I found something that said a week was the max, so I put a week in minutes, but the messages keep expiring after an hour. I change it to blank again...and the messages keep expiring. What am I doing wrong?

I don't get it. BBMe private chat?-bbme.jpg
    06-06-19 09:40 AM
    Ok...I played with message expiry. First, I put in "60" becasue I thought that it was in days. But, it turns out that it's minutes...so I put 86400 (which is 60 days in minutes)...but the messages kept expiring after 60 minutes. I changed it to blank...and the messages still expired...then I changed it to 0...and the messages kept expiring. then I found something that said a week was the max, so I put a week in minutes, but the messages keep expiring after an hour. I change it to blank again...and the messages keep expiring. What am I doing wrong?

I don't get it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBMe.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	444723
    I actually have mine set for 1 hour. Lol.

I'll check when I get a chance.
    06-06-19 10:04 AM
    I actually have mine set for 1 hour. Lol.

I'll check when I get a chance.
    It's really frustrating and has rendered the platform unusable at the moment. We are going to have to switch back to sms text messaging until I get this sorted. I may have to open a support ticket.
    06-06-19 10:46 AM
    It's really frustrating and has rendered the platform unusable at the moment. We are going to have to switch back to sms text messaging until I get this sorted. I may have to open a support ticket.
    You should either way. They need to address this.
    06-06-19 10:54 AM
    Done, and they are already working with me to resolve :-)
    06-06-19 02:00 PM
    Solved. When you shorten the message expiry time, current chats are dynamically affected. But, if you increase the time, chats are not dynamically affected. You have to end/retract the chat and start a new one for the setting to take effect.

"I have a preliminary update to our case from the escalation team who have been in contact with Engineering.

So what we are looking at is that when you decrease the time of expiry to the messages and "save" twice, that will be dynamically enforced on the current open chats.

But, when you increase the expiry and save twice, then you have to open a new chat in order for the increased value to take.

Currently this is by design and perhaps this will be smoothed out in the future to become dynamic too"
    conite likes this.
    06-13-19 04:47 PM