Happy Holidays Bla1ze,

Family here has Passport OG, Z-30, Z-10 and thinking of getting Motion or KEYone. As BBM video is an important factor to maintaining contact with home during business trips, will the BBM Video still be available across platforms and if not could it eventually be possible.

Thanks,

rarsen (close to Montreal)
    12-26-17 12:27 PM
    It is supposed to still work between BB10 and other platforms.... but some have had issues with recent updates and this feature. I believe it should work until the end in two years.
    12-26-17 01:42 PM
    Happy Holidays Bla1ze,

Family here has Passport OG, Z-30, Z-10 and thinking of getting Motion or KEYone. As BBM video is an important factor to maintaining contact with home during business trips, will the BBM Video still be available across platforms and if not could it eventually be possible.

Thanks,

rarsen (close to Montreal)
    No BBM video cross-platform. BB10 to BB10 only.
    rarsen likes this.
    12-26-17 01:44 PM
    No BBM video cross-platform. BB10 to BB10 only.
    Your right they never did enable that. It was the BBM Voice that users had problems with the updates.
    12-26-17 01:59 PM
    Your right they never did enable that. It was the BBM Voice that users had problems with the updates.
    Duh.. It's the omnipresent all knowing Conite....

;-)
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    12-26-17 02:03 PM
    Duh.. It's the omnipresent all knowing Conite....

;-)
    I see you when you're sleeping...
    12-26-17 02:11 PM
    Thks Conite,

so to maintain BBM video after acquiring a BlackDroid will need to buy an additional BlackDroid to maintain BBM Video between them. Was there a possibility of those using the BBM Enterprise (don't presently have it but might later) to be different or not?
    12-26-17 02:29 PM
    Thks Conite,

so to maintain BBM video after acquiring a BlackDroid will need to buy an additional BlackDroid to maintain BBM Video between them. Was there a possibility of those using the BBM Enterprise (don't presently have it but might later) to be different or not?
    They did bring Video calling to BBM Enterprise between platform.... think just this year. Some got excited that it would trickle down to regular BBM, but with the segregation of Enterprise BBM, BB10 BBM and Consumer BBM... it's clear that won't happen now.

If you decide to contact BlackBerry about pricing and requirements.... please share what you find out. Might just be time to "upgrade" everyone.
    12-26-17 02:55 PM
    Thks Conite,

You wouldn't want to use BBM Enterprise between consumers anyway. No groups, and no stickers. Plus it will cost you an arm and a leg.

You can stumble along using Skype, or just use text or voice on BBM.
    rarsen likes this.
    12-26-17 03:09 PM
    Thks guys as I continue reviewing my technical options.
    12-26-17 04:29 PM
    BBM video sound is so bad after the latest update. I honestly can not hear the other people speaking.
    12-27-17 04:47 AM
    BBM video sound is so bad after the latest update. I honestly can not hear the other people speaking.
    Support is aware of the issues... have to hope they issue an patch soon. Rolling back to an older version is what is recommended for now.
    12-27-17 12:01 PM
    Oh right thanks for the info.
    12-27-17 12:08 PM
    BB Support referred me to the following, BBM Voice is ok but not BBM Video between BB10 and the cross platforms:

System Requirements for BBM Video Chat
    12-28-17 04:25 PM