Hey BLA1ZE:

You posted on April 6 that BB was beginning to roll out the April security update. Since then it appears that a few DTEK50 owners have received their update, but nobody else.

Article Number: 000039276 in BB's official knowledge base states:
    "An updated software version is available immediately for BlackBerry powered by Android smartphones that have been purchased from ShopBlackBerry.com. Updated software builds may also be available from other retailers or carriers, dependent on their deployment schedules."

This month's rollout is clearly not behaving like previous rollouts, this is much more delayed. It is clearly not the normal issue of retailers or carriers delaying the rollout as even those who purchased their devices from ShopBlackBerry have not received their update.

Can you, with our contacts, give us an insight as to what is going on please? Has there been an unforeseen problem with the April rollout causing BB to pull the rollout?

Thanks.
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-15-17 08:06 AM
    AFAIK, there hasn't been any official word other than to say that it's not ready yet. Plenty of rumors suggest it has something to do with the Beta Zone beta OS update program being discontinued and moving those users from that program onto and official streams for updates but, alas, those are rumors and those only tend to have a hint of truth.

While it's not exactly falling in line with recent rollouts, it's not as if they're drastically behind either. If it hits May and you still don't have it, then that would be a bigger problem but right now it's mid-April and still plenty of time to roll it out even through carrier channels. We've become accustomed to having the updates AHEAD of schedule in some cases, when they start to go off schedule, it's really noticeable.
    xandros9 and jafobabe like this.
    04-15-17 08:21 AM
    Thanks for that update.

If it's not ready yet, the least they could have done is updated their initial announcement of April 6, and updated Article Number: 000039276 on the Knowledge Base website.

A humble "Ooops, sorry guys, we announced it too early, we'll let you know when it's ready" would go down well with the BB faithful.
    04-15-17 11:41 AM
    Thanks for that update.

If it's not ready yet, the least they could have done is updated their initial announcement of April 6, and updated Article Number: 000039276 on the Knowledge Base website.

A humble "Ooops, sorry guys, we announced it too early, we'll let you know when it's ready" would go down well with the BB faithful.
    Humility is not in johnny's DNA... which I've always found a little odd having worked in and around his original culture for decades... cuz it seems quite common there...
    mkatkinson likes this.
    04-15-17 11:45 AM
    This is what happens when BlackBerry gives us continuously updates plus new apps, etc..so now because we have not received yet April security! update we forget everything that BlackBerry has done and we just demand and demand. I see no reason to worry whatsoever BlackBerry is working.

Posted via CB10
    Heavens1 likes this.
    04-16-17 01:23 AM
    I agree Rico4you, we are very lucky to have security updates from BB so regularly. But that was not my point.

My point was: Why announce that a security update was "available immediately", and then not release it?
    04-17-17 12:26 PM
    I thought I read somewhere on CB that they did release it to the DTEK60 (or 50), and then it was pulled, leaving the PRIV and DETEK50(or 60) without it... There are articles and threads about this issue?
    04-17-17 12:58 PM
    I thought I read somewhere on CB that they did release it to the DTEK60 (or 50), and then it was pulled, leaving the PRIV and DETEK50(or 60) without it... There are articles and threads about this issue?
    Nothing was pulled.

It has only been available for the DTEK50 as of yet.
    jafobabe likes this.
    04-17-17 01:32 PM
    Nothing was pulled.

And my DTEK50 still hasn't got it -- but that's OK, it will get here eventually.
    04-19-17 12:48 PM
    As per John in Beta Zone... and expected..

Still in the pipe! Sometimes the integrations we have to make to patch a month's vulnerabilities cause unexpected surprizes that we have to correct. You might remember DTEK50 being a few weeks late for a while over December/January, and now it's right back on schedule -- it's actually ahead of all the others, including its own planned schedule.

The team is pushing. We have everyone engaged to reduce the usual lag with getting approvals and such when it's ready, so as soon as it's good to go we'll whip it out the door right away.
    Blacula, jafobabe and xandros9 like this.
    04-19-17 03:46 PM
    Thanks Bla1ze. Hopefully now everybody can just chill out about Aprils patch and wait for it to be ready.
    04-19-17 04:08 PM
    Nothing was pulled.

Thanks!
    04-19-17 07:28 PM