Hey, currently i am on AT&T using the Bold. I got an unlock code from AT&T by telling them im studying abroad in NZ (which is true) from Feb through July.

I was just wondering if i could use the bold with a prepaid sim card while i was over there? Are the sim cards the same for vodafone as for at&t? I dont want to have to pay the $1.99/min that AT&T wants to charge me for international roaming, and i just got this new phone so i would prefer not to have to switch so soon (or downgrade).

Any advice appreciated,
    Nick
    01-07-09 12:49 PM
    Hi

Yes the sim cards are the same. As long as your at&t Bold is unlocked there is no reason why you can't use a Vodafone pre pay sim for when you are in NZ. However I am not sure if you will be able to pick up your email via bis using a pre paid sim. Some carriers only offer bis to customers that are on contract.

Alex
    01-09-09 01:13 AM
    I have a friend who now is in NZ but unable to use her BBM. We can not figure out why BBM does not work from NZ.
    01-23-09 05:51 PM
    Sadly Vodafone don't do BIS on prepay here, however they willo be able to set bu up on vodafone live, so u can get online
    03-28-09 07:33 PM
    I have a friend who now is in NZ but unable to use her BBM. We can not figure out why BBM does not work from NZ.
    Some years down the road now, is BBM working from NZ?
    06-17-14 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD