07-25-15 08:58 PM
65 123
tools
    I was so shock that one of the Globe Store in the National Bookstore Quezon Avenue informed me that they dont anymore offer BlackBerry to new subscriber because BlackBerry Company will close. Im an avid bb fan and I beg to disagree to her statement. I am supposed to renew my contract with them. I am thinking of transferring to smart. Let me know your thought about this move of globe.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 07:00 AM
    Did you ask for the manager? If so, what did they say?

Have you called Globe customer service? What did they say?

It's a little premature to base your decision only on what one staff member said to you.
    04-11-14 07:06 AM
    I dont bother to ask the manager. But thats what the staff authorized by globe (not the guard or staff standing in the store) informed me. They dont really offer BlackBerry anymore. Perhaps maybe in their store only.

I am just sharing my experience with that branch.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 07:11 AM
    Im an avid fanatic of BlackBerry so it saddened me that I cant get a blackberry for my new contract.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 07:13 AM
    The problem with Smart is you can only get STL100-1.

Posted via a RFG81UW device
    04-12-14 12:22 AM
    BlackBerry Philippines should tell Globe to instruct its sales force not to give erroneous information. BlackBerry is not closing down and in fact it has new devices coming.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 12:07 AM
    if this is true, then i am so disappointed! i am actually wondering as to why globe offered the z10 and q10 almost immediately after their global launch but they dont have any news for the z30. will be recontracting for a new one by next year and sadly the only possible option is an iphone 5s...no offense meant but blackberry devices are a lot more functional than an iphone and i am not even talking about the apps...just the device itself. the iphone got an upgrade in functionality because of the enormity of apps available. i do hope globe starts thinking about offering the z30!
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    04-13-14 12:19 AM
    if this is true, then i am so disappointed! i am actually wondering as to why globe offered the z10 and q10 almost immediately after their global launch but they dont have any news for the z30. will be recontracting for a new one by next year and sadly the only possible option is an iphone 5s...no offense meant but blackberry devices are a lot more functional than an iphone and i am not even talking about the apps...just the device itself. the iphone got an upgrade in functionality because of the enormity of apps available. i do hope globe starts thinking about offering the z30!
    If Globe doesn't want to offer the Z30, I think it's time for BlackBerry Philippines to offer devices, like the Z30, off-contract.

AthenaSmith likes this.
    04-13-14 01:15 AM
    I'm worried that Globe won't offer the future devices of BlackBerry. It seems they stopped after the Q10 because there are no advertisements about the Z30 and the upcoming Z3.

What will happen to existing BlackBerry users who want to upgrade to BlackBerry pa rin but no BlackBerry options available? They might transfer to other brands.

I hope BlackBerry Philippines doubles as both a service center and a physical store where customers can buy their cellphones off-contract in case the carriers stop offering BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 01:25 AM
    I hope BlackBerry Philippines doubles as both a service center and a physical store where customers can buy their cellphones off-contract in case the carriers stop offering BlackBerry.
    I certainly hope so.

04-13-14 01:31 AM
    I also experience that.. in globe store sm aura, I am just inquiring for their BlackBerry plan, one of the staff, told me that they have no BlackBerry plan to offer, she doesn't told me the reason, why.. my curiousty urge me.. so I decided to go at MOA, to have a 2nd opinion, when I am there, and inquire someone on the store wearing uniform and id on it told me that they just have no stocks of BlackBerry, they will just order it and wait until 2 weeks for the device..as soon as my application approve..

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 06:05 AM
    My mom's contract with Globe is ending soon and so I went to the Globe website to look for other blackberry phones that she may upgrade to. Unfortunately, there is not a single blackberry phone being offered on their website now. Just wondering why...
    04-14-14 12:53 AM
    They just stopped, offering blackberry phones and yet we dont know the real reason...

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 02:40 AM
    They focus Indonesia for the launch of Z3 but zilch here? Hmm maybe carriers don't want to sell BlackBerry anymore.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 03:47 AM
    My mom's contract with Globe is ending soon and so I went to the Globe website to look for other blackberry phones that she may upgrade to. Unfortunately, there is not a single blackberry phone being offered on their website now. Just wondering why...
    Try asking at a Globe physical store. Maybe they have some BlackBerrys in stock. My contract expired only a couple of months ago so I called up Globe's customer service hotline and asked about the availability of the Q10. They said it was out of stock. Good thing I didn't really believe them, haha. I went to a Globe store at the mall and I was able to get a Q10 from there.

Posted via CB10
    sbx9900 likes this.
    04-14-14 08:27 AM
    You can opt to purchase off-contract BlackBerry 10 devices on some local online retailers (esp. for the Z30 since it isn't "officially" available through carriers) and go prepaid.

04-14-14 11:58 AM
    I still have my contact with globe but mostly I bought my phone from other stores or online and got a lot of savings and the phone is openline,so I can easily sell it if I want a new one.
    04-14-14 05:26 PM
    You can opt to purchase off-contract BlackBerry 10 devices on some local online retailers (esp. for the Z30 since it isn't "officially" available through carriers) and go prepaid.

Which local online retailers are okay? I haven't tried buying electronics online but am willing to try if in case the carriers would stop offering BlackBerry or are always out of stock.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 12:10 AM
    Which local online retailers are okay? I haven't tried buying electronics online but am willing to try if in case the carriers would stop offering BlackBerry or are always out of stock.

Posted via CB10
    We have Kimstore, DBGadgets and Widget City. The first one is the most popular of them all though. You pay via COD or Bank Transfer (but Kim is stating to use Credit Card) and you either meet up with with their people or they deliver you the goods via courtier. For returns and warranties you send them back to them via courier too.

While it's always cheaper at these "Gray Markets" ,good luck with warranty as BlackBerry PH will refuse to support products not sold here (they're probably imported abroad as my Z30 had a Chinese/HK manual face front)

Z30 | Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2947 | Globe PH
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    04-15-14 12:26 AM
    We have Kimstore, DBGadgets and Widget City. The first one is the most popular of them all though. You pay via COD or Bank Transfer (but Kim is stating to use Credit Card) and you either meet up with with their people or they deliver you the goods via courtier. For returns and warranties you send them back to them via courier too.

While it's always cheaper at these "Gray Markets" ,good luck with warranty as BlackBerry PH will refuse to support products not sold here (they're probably imported abroad as my Z30 had a Chinese/HK manual face front)

Z30 | Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2947 | Globe PH
    That's the only downside. I hope they will reconsider that decision since it's still a legitimate BlackBerry, no matter where you purchased it.
    04-15-14 02:02 AM
    Ummm... sounding a bit obvious here, but probably because it isn't selling that well?

As what the others said, just get one from any of the local online stores. Kimstore's great, already dealt with them twice.
    04-15-14 02:24 AM
    Im planning now to reconstruct with the network, to avail only the bill rebate for 2 years.and will just avail of the upcoming release of bb handset off contract from other store.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 06:15 PM
    I hate globe

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 12:33 AM
    Blackberry z30 will be release in Globe 2nd week of May

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 08:24 AM
    blackberry phones are slow in sales in the philippines thats why they are closing it..sad to hear! but i am a blackberry user since then..
    05-17-14 06:57 PM
65 123