Launch date of October 15, after the Canadian Thanksgiving long weekend?!#*! Why wouldn't they launch the Z30 on the Friday before the 3 day weekend?? Wouldn't expect it to sell like the iPhone launch over a weekend but does BlackBerry not know the most popular days in the week for shopping? This is another marketing fail, in my opinion.
    10-04-13 02:01 AM
    Launch date of October 15, after the Canadian Thanksgiving long weekend?!#*! Why wouldn't they launch the Z30 on the Friday before the 3 day weekend?? Wouldn't expect it to sell like the iPhone launch over a weekend but does BlackBerry not know the most popular days in the week for shopping? This is another marketing fail, in my opinion.
    It's even worse than it sounds... Apple is rumored to unveil new iPads on Oct. 15! And that date has been out for a few weeks already.

Rumor sites are almost always right about the date, and I can't imagine the Z30 get mentioned even in Canadian newspapers, if there's a couple of new iPads out on the same day...
    10-04-13 02:26 AM
    Lame

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    10-04-13 07:35 AM
    I totally agree that they should be launching the new Z30 on the Friday before the long weekend, this will give them and the consumer 3 days to go out and get their new phones. But now we have to go back to work and then either take a day off or go after work on Tuesday not cool at all
    10-04-13 07:50 AM
    Matches up to having the initial launching in Indonesia. Somebody at BB looked at a calendar and tried to find the day that they would get the least amount of attention on.
    10-04-13 08:16 AM
    UNBELIEVABLE! Who and more importantly WHY? These are decisions that make a new device launch. This will just be another failed attempt at a device launch. Get with the program BB. Someone inside the company should go to a ohh.... lets say - a marketing firm, or a fortune 500 company and ask some advice on how this actually gets done in the "real world". Or better yet ask how the "professionals" market & launch new products. At this stage BB is acting like amateur chumps and no one seems to give a flying f*!k. This is the EXACT definition of insanity... Doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result.

Why is there not someone fired over this? The Q10 launch, The Z10 launch, The Q5 launch. All Failures, Now add to that list the upcoming Z30 launch. Anywhere else, for any other publicly traded company, where money matters and the bottom line is what is counted, these bunch of clowns would get fired and black listed.

I'm proudly Canadian and have supported BB for a long time (the calm before the Storm), but someone has got to draw a line in the sand. This is ridiculous. Do what ever you want, with no repercussions and a BIG dollar payday at the end of it all, when "it's all over but the crying". Sounds like child's play. I've got 2 kids, give one of them a job, I could use the extra money. No, I haven't done anything to help the brand (except buy multiple phones at full price, at or near launch), R & D, coding, marketing, app development... but hey, neither have they.... and I like free money, its the best kind. lol... SMH.

Good luck BB, I will once again buy at least one of your new Z30 devices at launch, for full price. You had better hope that at least 3-4 million other die hards follow suit during the non-launch campaign.

Rant over. OUT!

Price isn't the issue for me, I was a share holder and watched BB Tank - BADLY. You all know. Buying phones outright was only to give me more power with the Smellus carrier-beast.
    10-04-13 12:12 PM
    Matches up to having the initial launching in Indonesia. Somebody at BB looked at a calendar and tried to find the day that they would get the least amount of attention on.
    Once I can understand but twice? Certainly seems to be that they are taking extra care to make sure it dies - maybe to ensure that there are no questions asked when PW comes in and shuts down hardware?
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-04-13 12:23 PM
    Epic. Just epic.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 12:36 PM
    The only real Prosumer smartphone, the Nexus 5 is also due for unveiling that week with availability in the last week of October.
    Alphax45 likes this.
    10-04-13 01:31 PM
    The only real Prosumer smartphone, the Nexus 5 is also due for unveiling that week with availability in the last week of October.
    will be keeping an eye on that
    10-04-13 03:40 PM
    Canadians do not go crazy with shopping fever like Americans do around the thanksgiving time (they don't even celebrate it in the same month). I dont think it matters that much, how many people impulsively buy a $700 smartphone?
    milo53, SharonRD, badiyee and 1 others like this.
    10-04-13 03:44 PM
    I remember a press release stating that the Toronto Maple Leafs and Toronto Raptors acquired BlackBerry as a sponsor back in March or so. Does anyone know if this is still the case? I've been watching the Leafs for a few days and I can't see anything in stadium or commercials throughout the game. The Jays are sponsered by BlackBerry and you can clearly tell.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 07:26 PM
    Lol, I just noticed" BlackBerry" slogan on the boards in the Leaf game. It's not in normal camera view while watching. You can see it in repay's though. So, I guess I just answered my question. Thank you self.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 10-06-13 at 05:46 PM.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    10-05-13 07:34 PM
    The funny this is. Most Canadians even here in Waterloo (ye that's right) didn't know about the Z30 because BB is concentrating on Asia Pacific. BUTTTT until Rogers said they were going to carry it. It went viral. Their email/Facebook/Twitter every social media site went nuts because it was all over the paper. The reason for that was because Rogers wasn't supporting one of Canada's largest companies even though they haven't carried many BBos models in the past.

Now every single person in Canada knows about the Z30. Even old ladies who don't even have a cellphone or can barely use the one they have.
    Now I know a bunch of people (from Waterloo) who just found out about it. They researched it, loved it and now want to buy it.

This has been the best marketing for BB10 I have ever seen in Canada yet.

How ironic eh..
    Last edited by khehl; 10-12-13 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Grammarrrrr
    mjdimer likes this.
    10-11-13 03:30 PM
    is this some kind of sarcastic thread? i cant figure out whats going on lol.
    eldricho likes this.
    10-11-13 03:33 PM
    Not sure, something about thanksgiving and grannies!?!
    Hey, is anybody hungry?
    10-11-13 03:45 PM
    ^^ Rogers definitely had a bad week, a social media bungle with the Z30 not for sale statement and a full network outage. It must be bad karma from the CEO sitting on the Board of Fairfax Financial. Wonder what will happen next with them?!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 01:18 AM
    October 15, 3 more days before launch day on home ground. Sounds about right, from Roger's U-turn.
    10-12-13 01:42 AM
    It is not that they are going to sell dozens of z30a

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 01:29 PM