Now that we have had a little over a year with the Z10 and a few months with the Z30 and seeing how BlackBerry has been a company with a reputation of not advertising and promoting their products effectively, I'm very curious to know from BlackBerry users worldwide, if there is anybody that feels BlackBerry dropped the ball with the order in which they released their first all touch screen smart phones? And Please don't shoot the messenger I am a BlackBerry Fan 4 Life!

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 08:54 AM
    The Z30 was a response to all the 5" devices being launched.

The Z10 was the first BB10 full touchscreen device.

Have 5" phones demand been bigger, they maybe (MAYBE) we would have seen them launch together - and you'd be sad to see the Z30 not as feature rich as it is, for it would have had the same development issues the Z10 had.

So no. The Z30 used all lessons learned from the Z10 project and came out with a litteral case of bigger, better, faster, stronger. Do I want my Z10 to Miracast and USB OTG? Yes. Am I glad that at least they will have ALL BB10 high/mid end devices with those features from now on? Yes.

Stay away from low end/budget and you should be fine.
    04-07-14 09:07 AM
    It doesnt matter what BlackBerry released. What should have happened was they released 10.2.1 from out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 09:09 AM
    It doesnt matter what BlackBerry released. What should have happened was they released 10.2.1 from out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    Because actual software development holds no weight against MAGIC!

Sure, let's get a time machine, skip to mid 2014, grab a copy of whatever OS they have (10.2.1) come back and launch BB10 with that instead!

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 06:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    It got there because of bugs ironed out, user feedback, software and feature requests, etc.

You can't just create something out of the blue, that is feature complete right from the start, software needs to evolve and depends on feedback from its users. How do you find out about bugs? By testing and using it.

How do you find out whether things are practical? By using it and if anything is missing, making a feature request.

Snap your fingers, and you've got 10.2.1? Not that easy...

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    04-09-14 06:15 PM