so using your logici assume google must be in trouble too because it just sold out its entire inventory of N4 phones at unheard of prices of $199 and $299 for premium device ? am i missing here something ?
    Google lowered Nexus 4 prices to clear the decks for a new model, not because they couldn't sell the units they ordered, and you should note there was no write-down of inventory by Google. I don't think you missed anything, but you did pick a poor analogy.
    10-03-13 11:18 AM
    There's a Z10 fire sale? Didn't see anything about that on the CrackBerry blogs.
    10-03-13 11:26 AM
    They may have 5 million Z10s in inventory.

I remind you that Google activates 1.5 million Androids every day. How does a fire sale change anything?

The math shows the game is more or less over.
    10-03-13 04:35 PM
    Fire sell will be good for Blackberry... snip
    Give examples where a firesale saved a company.
    snip... because BB10 is superior OS to IOS and Android. Z10 with 10.2 will be a killer phone.
    LOL. OK. If you say so.
    Lot of people just do not get it how good these new phones are and Blackberry marketing stuff failed to convene them. ...snip
    Let's rephrase that:
    "Lot of people on CB just do not get" that a phone by itself is not what people are buying into. The day of the stand alone smartphone died in 2008.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-03-13 08:17 PM
    If you're still happy with the product, and it works for you, why should its position in the model lineup matter?

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    Maybe because he paid a premium price?
    10-03-13 08:19 PM
    I think this is comparing apples to oranges

Sent from Tapatalk using BlackBerry Z10
    No, it's comparing palms to blackberries.
    10-03-13 08:21 PM
    Google doesn't really take it all that seriously IMO
    Very true. They do almost no advertising for their phones, and in fact the only think they've really advertised much at all was the Nexus 7 tablets, with a couple of TV commercials and a few magazine ads and most recently with the Kit Kat tie-in. There were no Nexus 4 phone commercials or print ads that I ever saw. Google certainly didn't make the Nexus phones because they were trying to compete with Samsung or HTC with phone sales; they did it to showcase "pure" AOSP Android and to provide their devs with a dev phone. Hell, they only ordered about 1M Nexus 4s for the initial rollout, and sold out of them in minutes. Most people had to wait a couple of months before the next batch was available, and again they sold out in minutes. It wasn't until the 3rd batch that they were able to sustain orders.

The Moto X is the first phone that GOOGLE has really "tried" to sell, and put any real marketing behind. The other current-generation Moto phones are heavily designed and spec'd by Verizon.
    10-03-13 09:03 PM
    With all the negative press surrounding Blackberry it's hard for me to imagine people making the switch to the Z10; even at a lower price. The marketing wasn't there from the beginning which is unfortunate because this device didn't get the exposure it merited.
    Fellow Giants fan??! Rough start huh

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 08:08 PM
    Maybe because he paid a premium price?
    That still wouldn't matter unless he is trying to sell his device.
    10-06-13 01:18 AM
    Google doesn't try to make money with devices, but with its services/ads..

Posted via my z10 - BBM channel pin C000F331C
    and they give android away for free, blackberry can't /shouldn't do that as bb10 would be fragmented to death.
    10-06-13 01:27 AM
35 12