Fire sell will be good for Blackberry because BB10 is superior OS to IOS and Android. Z10 with 10.2 will be a killer phone. Lot of people just do not get it how good these new phones are and Blackberry marketing stuff failed to convene them. Frankly they all should be fired and replaced. I knew that they were no good the day i've heard about superbowl commercial and blackberry new phones not being available for literally months!

Anyways, i think blackberry should have priced z10 very aggressively from day 1. not to try to compete with more established ios with many more apps. selling all the z10 inventory at low prices will put phone to many hands and word of mouth is the king. I say $250 off contract just like Nexus 4 through Blackberry websites. i know this will be good for blackberry. lets jus hope they will do it quickly and they have enough dollars to keep them going on old blackberry phones, q10 and z30

I believe in Blackberry and great 10.2 os. Cannot wait to get it on my Z10.
    FocusedBerry likes this.
    09-22-13 09:35 PM
    Fire sell will be good for Blackberry because BB10 is superior OS to IOS and Android. Z10 with 10.2 will be a killer phone. Lot of people just do not get it how good these new phones are and Blackberry marketing stuff failed to convene them. Frankly they all should be fired and replaced. I knew that they were no good the day i've heard about superbowl commercial and blackberry new phones not being available for literally months!

Anyways, i think blackberry should have priced z10 very aggressively from day 1. not to try to compete with more established ios with many more apps. selling all the z10 inventory at low prices will put phone to many hands and word of mouth is the king. I say $250 off contract just like Nexus 4 through Blackberry websites. i know this will be good for blackberry. lets jus hope they will do it quickly and they have enough dollars to keep them going on old blackberry phones, q10 and z30

I believe in Blackberry and great 10.2 os. Cannot wait to get it on my Z10.
    NOPE. SORRY. It's WAY to late for that.

I said before launch that releasing in developing countries at cut-rate prices might be a good thing, but a fire sale now will do nothing for them.

First, the numbers aren't there....they may well have a "lot" of z10 leftover, but they didn't make THAT many to begin with. In the end, those numbers, at fire sale prices, will impress nobody. Developers will not be enticed that BB managed to get out a few more million by nearly giving them away.

Beyond that, they ARE out of time. They ARE retreating from the consumer market by their own admission (this is ignoring the fact that I don't think they can survive where they are retreating to anyways.....well as anything resembling the company we knew at it's peak - the company that's relevant to everyone's original interest in it).

A firesale will do about as much for them as the PB firesale did.
    09-22-13 09:49 PM
    A fire sale is absolutely useless since US carriers have pretty much given up.

-STV on Q10SQN100-5/10.1.0.4780 TMO US
    09-22-13 09:51 PM
    No one wants to buy a z10 it seems

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 09:54 PM
    A fire sale is absolutely useless since US carriers have pretty much given up.

-STV on Q10SQN100-5/10.1.0.4780 TMO US
    It's unfortunate, but, the carriers are doing what they've always done.....push other devices. If no one knew about the Z10 before, they will now know not to buy it because it's being pushed aside for other devices. That could also change with a new owner.
    09-22-13 10:01 PM
    If Google can sell directly to consumers why not BlackBerry. I would definitely consider a Z10 off contract at a low cost.
    bitek likes this.
    09-22-13 10:33 PM
    If Google can sell directly to consumers why not BlackBerry. I would definitely consider a Z10 off contract at a low cost.
    Might work to move some inventory, just like Playbook.
    09-22-13 10:53 PM
    With all the negative press surrounding Blackberry it's hard for me to imagine people making the switch to the Z10; even at a lower price. The marketing wasn't there from the beginning which is unfortunate because this device didn't get the exposure it merited.
    09-22-13 11:00 PM
    I'm still trying to get use to the idea that my Z10 is a LOW END BlackBerry .....WOW, I guess theres a first for everything
    09-22-13 11:01 PM
    I'm still trying to get use to the idea that my Z10 is a LOW END BlackBerry .....WOW, I guess theres a first for everything
    If you're still happy with the product, and it works for you, why should its position in the model lineup matter?

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-22-13 11:13 PM
    They need to find a partner and fast. Why not partner with amazon or hulu?
    09-22-13 11:14 PM
    They need to find a partner and fast. Why not partner with amazon or hulu?
    ...maybe because neither of them sell digital media outside the US? And maybe because BlackBerry already has digital media partners?

09-22-13 11:29 PM
    That is exactly my thought

Sent from Tapatalk using BlackBerry Z10
    09-23-13 12:01 AM
    If you're still happy with the product, and it works for you, why should its position in the model lineup matter?

I guess because I'm used to having the Blackberry smartphone "flagship" since I started using BlackBerry devices approx 8 years ago. I suppose I've become accustom to having the BEST
    09-23-13 02:07 AM
    I guess because I'm used to having the Blackberry smartphone "flagship" since I started using BlackBerry devices approx 8 years ago. I suppose I've become accustom to having the BEST
    Lets all be honest - at release date the Z10 could certainly not be called the 'BEST'.

Firesaling the Z10 now would do two things - make TH and the board a little more cash in the short term and publicly show that BBRY are really in trouble when their 8 month old flagship is being 'dumped'.

They should have priced it more aggressivley from the start, but now it's too litle too late and i'm afraid the Z30 will be BBRY's last hurrah.

So - well done TH and co and I guess you'll be emerging as the boss of the new BBM Inc. in a month or so looking whiter than white, before selling it to MS for another few bucks
    09-23-13 02:46 AM
    BlackBerry should stand on front of major malls and outlet stores and just hand them out for free.
    They need to get then in the hands o's consumers.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 03:04 AM
    Op has a point.
    Firesale did wonders for palm.
    09-23-13 04:05 AM
    Even Palm has a better chance then BBRY now
    09-23-13 04:12 AM
    Google doesn't really take it all that seriously IMO, which I really fault them for.
    09-23-13 04:12 AM
    Op has a point.
    Firesale did wonders for palm.
    I think this is comparing apples to oranges

09-23-13 06:37 AM
    Google doesn't really take it all that seriously IMO, which I really fault them for.
    What do you mean by it does not take it seriously?

09-23-13 06:38 AM
    That is why and how I purchased a Nexus 7 - 2nd edition.
    ETwoLTech likes this.
    09-23-13 09:12 AM
    Lets all be honest - at release date the Z10 could certainly not be called the 'BEST'.

Firesaling the Z10 now would do two things - make TH and the board a little more cash in the short term and publicly show that BBRY are really in trouble when their 8 month old flagship is being 'dumped'.

They should have priced it more aggressivley from the start, but now it's too litle too late and i'm afraid the Z30 will be BBRY's last hurrah.

So - well done TH and co and I guess you'll be emerging as the boss of the new BBM Inc. in a month or so looking whiter than white, before selling it to MS for another few bucks
    so using your logici assume google must be in trouble too because it just sold out its entire inventory of N4 phones at unheard of prices of $199 and $299 for premium device ? am i missing here something ?
    10-03-13 07:06 AM
    Google doesn't try to make money with devices, but with its services/ads..

Posted via my z10 - BBM channel pin C000F331C
    10-03-13 07:38 AM
    The fire sale should have occurred at launch.

Fable Publishing: C0012255F
    HerfDurf likes this.
    10-03-13 09:26 AM
35 12