Buy Spritz Inc.

Incorporate into BlackBerry Hub. Revolutionize email, again.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting, this will be nice if it works. Lots of promises with little evidence to back up their claims. www.spritzinc.com
    03-15-14 11:43 AM
    A couple of ideas;

1) Wanelo - mix it in with bbm channels (and make it much better than it is right now)

2) Seene - again mix it in with Channels, would really make it unique and drive active users + to bbm channels and again, refine it first..

3) with the change attract skilled technicians to make all these services stable on a BlackBerry phone no lag eyc

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Both Seene an wanelo are great ideas. I'd like to see the Seene 3D functionality built into the next iteration of the camera. http://seene.co/

My new smashed Mini C0031C543 and a little bit of cross-country riding C00339A43.
    Last edited by Just Me; 03-15-14 at 12:15 PM.
    03-15-14 11:50 AM
    Both Seene an wanelo are great ideas. I'd like to see the Seene 3D functionality built into the next iteration of the camera.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, but I'm not sure it would be most effective just put directly in the camera, it might not be used as much that way it would just be an extra just to show your friends thing (even with the option to share) but if it was one of the options when uploading to BBM channels or as a DP, then it would be used a lot more brining people to BBM and Blackberry (make it only available on BlackBerry devices, but viewable on other devices)

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    03-15-14 11:53 AM
    I know this is a relatively old thread and I do remember there being another thread about something like this where i posted in but I came up with a new acquisition possibility.

Opera SA.

Opera SA (from the browser) is one of the top downloaded apps on mobile devices because it implements some great bandwidth saving techniques and other goodies that BlackBerry could incorporate into their own stock browser.

The new Opera Max claims to save up to 50% of data if you use it to browse the internet on your smartphone. It does this by opening a VPN to the Opera servers and compressing the non-encrypted data (video, images, etc...). The encrypted data does not get compressed or altered.

Ever since BlackBerry did away with BIS on BB10 we have lost the advantage of compression while browsing. This technology could bring it back. Making it free on BlackBerry while offering it as a paid browser app on other platforms will result in positive cashflow. Servers are already in place (old BIS servers).

Not only will this entice BB OS7 users to upgrade to BB10 (data compression is their main reason to stay) it would be very welcomed in area's with small data caps (500MB/month,...) such as emerging markets.

Besides compression, Opera also allows bookmark syncing over all platforms and has it's own extension/app store.
    Just image browsing a website on your BlackBerry and coming home opening your desktop to find that website open and loaded in your browser so you can continue where you left off. Bookmarked links will be available, picking up another devices with Opera Mobile, signing in and having all your bookmarks available just like that...

If BlackBerry is serious about focusing on corporate, this is an Ace up their sleeve. I'm on the road a lot and I use my Z10 to browse and look stuff up, which I save and then when I'm in my office i use my desktop to do browse the sites i found. Thing is I have to save the links on my BlackBerry and manually find them and input them on my desktop browser. Having this done automatically would be a huge timesaver and something i'd gladly pay for, even pushing links out to colleagues would be an option.

The extension/app store is pure revenue (paid extensions/ads).

Opera Mobile has been downloaded over 100,000,000 times on Android, no word on iOS or BlackBerry Appworld but one can assume it has downloads in the tens of millions on those platforms. It's a healthy company making a small profit with a low market cap, so it would be within BlackBerry's abilities to buy it.

Last edited by wout000; 03-30-14 at 06:49 AM.
    03-30-14 05:49 AM
    how about an intern at WhatsApp?
    03-30-14 06:15 AM
    $500m ? I could save BB with $50 million investment for a 49% stake in my BB focused company and buy BB out at pre arranged price per share way above current share price. I'm not going to discuss it here obviously, the key to build on revenues are a few things I've posted over CB but the major revenue is not even tapped into by any company yet... yet BB Canada are too focused on survival to see BB expansion past their megre BB10 handset issues which are minute in comparison to the real product/revenue for growth.
    03-30-14 05:30 PM
    Get Chen a larger Corporate Jet, those empty 18 seats for his commute must be cramping.....poor guy!
    03-31-14 12:47 AM
    500m may not be enough to buy into Sharp, but it should be enough to be an investment for their continued development at IGZO screens, and that is a screen with very accurate colours, very accurate digitizer, and very low energy consumption that BlackBerry will definitely enjoy reaping its benefits on their phones.

Not to mention cheaper too.
    03-31-14 12:53 AM
    500m may not be enough to buy into Sharp, but it should be enough to be an investment for their continued development at IGZO screens, and that is a screen with very accurate colours, very accurate digitizer, and very low energy consumption that BlackBerry will definitely enjoy reaping its benefits on their phones.

That's a long term move, short term is PRIORITY. They cant see the woods for the big pond infront of them.
    03-31-14 01:12 AM
    I know this is a relatively old thread and I do remember there being another thread about something like this where i posted in but I came up with a new acquisition possibility.

Opera SA.

Opera SA (from the browser) is one of the top downloaded apps on mobile devices because it implements some great bandwidth saving techniques and other goodies that BlackBerry could incorporate into their own stock browser.

The new Opera Max claims to save up to 50% of data if you use it to browse the internet on your smartphone. It does this by opening a VPN to the Opera servers and compressing the non-encrypted data (video, images, etc...). The encrypted data does not get compressed or altered.

Ever since BlackBerry did away with BIS on BB10 we have lost the advantage of compression while browsing. This technology could bring it back. Making it free on BlackBerry while offering it as a paid browser app on other platforms will result in positive cashflow. Servers are already in place (old BIS servers).

Not only will this entice BB OS7 users to upgrade to BB10 (data compression is their main reason to stay) it would be very welcomed in area's with small data caps (500MB/month,...) such as emerging markets.

Besides compression, Opera also allows bookmark syncing over all platforms and has it's own extension/app store.
    Just image browsing a website on your BlackBerry and coming home opening your desktop to find that website open and loaded in your browser so you can continue where you left off. Bookmarked links will be available, picking up another devices with Opera Mobile, signing in and having all your bookmarks available just like that...

If BlackBerry is serious about focusing on corporate, this is an Ace up their sleeve. I'm on the road a lot and I use my Z10 to browse and look stuff up, which I save and then when I'm in my office i use my desktop to do browse the sites i found. Thing is I have to save the links on my BlackBerry and manually find them and input them on my desktop browser. Having this done automatically would be a huge timesaver and something i'd gladly pay for, even pushing links out to colleagues would be an option.

The extension/app store is pure revenue (paid extensions/ads).

Opera Mobile has been downloaded over 100,000,000 times on Android, no word on iOS or BlackBerry Appworld but one can assume it has downloads in the tens of millions on those platforms. It's a healthy company making a small profit with a low market cap, so it would be within BlackBerry's abilities to buy it.

I was pointing this out a year ago!
    03-31-14 01:14 AM

This won't be a sensible acquisition. BlackBerry is moving away from hardware as they're focussing on their core abilities. Buying a hardware product means research, facilities, etc...
    Screen and digitizer research costs bundles of cash and new tech comes out every odd months. They'd be better off licensing the tech and using it in their hardware. If this technology was popular and licensed to other hardware vendors....then...maybe but it's not. Every major hardware manufacturer (Samsung, Apple, LG, ...) has it's own screen tech so this would be purely used by BlackBerry. Makes more sense to just license the tech. If they buy this they'd be outdated by the end of 2014 and it will cost loads to keep up and do the research.

They need to stay away from hardware products and delve deeper into software acquisitions.
    03-31-14 03:11 AM
    I would buy an NHL team and move them to Hamilton.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 02:30 PM
    I would buy an NHL team and move them to Hamilton.

Posted via CB10
    Awesome.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 04:17 PM
    Buy a new car.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 04:29 PM
    How about an advertising/PR firm?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 09:34 PM
40 12