09-22-13 05:46 PM
    @MichaelClewley: @Kojita_ @vik_1on1 @gadway @DonnyHalliwell the word is professional consumer,It can range from a business owner to BOYD user.

I am Zeeing things. There I Zed it.
    Clewley really is clueless. They should take his twitter access away.
    09-23-13 12:04 AM
    Thanks. The problem is that the definition is not focused enough to target users. I would suggest to target security sensitive users pro or con that is celebs, politicians, police, army, gov agencies or security focused companies (oil industry...) and the ones that require always on access such as firemen emergency hospital and so on. Together these users pro or con make a relatively large group.

09-23-13 01:10 AM
    Thanks. The problem is that the definition is not focused enough to target users. I would suggest to target security sensitive users pro or con that is celebs, politicians, police, army, gov agencies or security focused companies (oil industry...) and the ones that require always on access such as firemen emergency hospital and so on. Together these users pro or con make a relatively large group.

Of course this is not new but they should focus their effort in that segment only and have other needs like media or games ported over from Android and have the toggle between the two spaces work and personal like a toggle between bb10 and android. Or is that just stupid?

09-23-13 01:14 AM
    And back to the fundamental flaw of bberry they think prosumers are different from consumers or that we want different things. I fall into the prosumers category, I still want a sleek and great phone. The z10 provided this, of their intent is to stop making phones like this and stick to boring business class devices, I'm going back to my iPhone. And thanks for nothing.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 07:33 AM
    I mentioned in another thread that a "prosumer" is someone who wants something better than consumer grade, but not all the bells, whistles and price of something professional grade. Mid range DSLR cameras fit this segment nicely - more than what the average consumer wants, not everything the professional photographer wants.

The only problem here is that the iPhone 5 and Galaxy S4 offer all the bells and whistles of professional grade gear, but at a consumer friendly price.

There's effectively no prosumer category in the smartphone market.

BlackBerry is in this position partly because they failed to attract average consumers in their quest for building a professional grade messaging product. If they want to continue to compete in the professional world, then they need to build devices that attract average consumers (BYOD and all).

This "prosumer" thing is 2008-2010 all over again.

A prosumer device should do everything a "consumer" device (iPhone 5, S4, etc...) does PLUS all the fancy secure communications and workspaces like BES/Balance, etc...

The only way BlackBerry will survive in the "prosumer" market is if they target the consumer.
    Exactly, this is what they seem to not comprehend. A prosumers are no different from consumers hence the popularity in the enterprise space now of the iPhone. People use one device,now. The dilineation is in separating your work stuff from your personal. Either way nberry thank going back boring ios 7 devices will solve their problems they are f ' ING idiots.

Because to me their prosumer attitude is exactly what put them into the current position.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 08:22 AM
    Exactly, this is what they seem to not comprehend. A prosumers are no different from consumers hence the popularity in the enterprise space now of the iPhone. People use one device,now. The dilineation is in separating your work stuff from your personal. Either way nberry thank going back boring ios 7 devices will solve their problems they are f ' ING idiots.

Because to me their prosumer attitude is exactly what put them into the current position.

Posted via CB10
    They know this perfectly - the stuff in the press statement is just a way of trying to pretend there is still a strategy of sorts rather than just straight forward panic and retreat.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    09-23-13 08:26 AM
    There was a period of my career a few years ago where my work had me constantly on my BB either answering BBM's, texts or emails. Maybe on a break, I might fool around with an app but I was usually so sick of my phone by the end of the day, I could care less about apps or games.

At that time, anything other than a BB would have been a nightmare to use at work. BB was built for that.

I no longer have to work that way so apps and such are more appealing. I think I may have been a "Prosumer" at that time. It seems Blackberry may be using that term to describe their golden age and refocus on that group..yet again.
    Attached Thumbnails Wtf is a prosumer? Am I one?-img_1306.jpg  
    09-23-13 09:18 AM
    I mentioned in another thread that a "prosumer" is someone who wants something better than consumer grade, but not all the bells, whistles and price of something professional grade. Mid range DSLR cameras fit this segment nicely - more than what the average consumer wants, not everything the professional photographer wants.

The only problem here is that the iPhone 5 and Galaxy S4 offer all the bells and whistles of professional grade gear, but at a consumer friendly price.

There's effectively no prosumer category in the smartphone market.

BlackBerry is in this position partly because they failed to attract average consumers in their quest for building a professional grade messaging product. If they want to continue to compete in the professional world, then they need to build devices that attract average consumers (BYOD and all).

This "prosumer" thing is 2008-2010 all over again.

A prosumer device should do everything a "consumer" device (iPhone 5, S4, etc...) does PLUS all the fancy secure communications and workspaces like BES/Balance, etc...

The only way BlackBerry will survive in the "prosumer" market is if they target the consumer.
    And as you said, devices like the Galaxy Series (KNOX, etc.) and the iPhone (being compatible with almost every other MDM solution out there) already have that covered. Even Windows Phone is starting to focus more on the Enterprise space, and since Microsoft owns the back end so many companies use it will be easier for them to push there as they have first hand knowledge of what their customers are asking for and can simply add it in an update and push it out when it's done...

BB didn't even upgrade the camera on the Z30. Such bad execution and leaving themselves no room for decent marketing, IMO.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    09-23-13 11:48 AM
    Another word for a working professional that is also a consumer. Basically everybody that works in the business world. Lol
    09-23-13 02:41 PM
    They know this perfectly - the stuff in the press statement is just a way of trying to pretend there is still a strategy of sorts rather than just straight forward panic and retreat.
    Yes. It sounds better to leave that bit of a hang there like they still plan on selling in someway not just to enterprise customers. All quite up in the air now with the likely takeover.
    09-23-13 02:52 PM
61 123