In case nobody noticed, just about every well established phone company that isn't Samsung or Apple is having problems. HTC cannot sell their products and are suddenly changing their advertising dramatically. With all Microsoft's clout, Nokia (which is further along in its transition than BlackBerry) is struggling. Meanwhile a whole new lot of vendors in China are suddenly appearing, getting significant world market share simply by being in the Chinese market, and of course their costs are lower because they don't have expensive headquarters in the First World.
    Nokia made a whole lot of WP7 products that turned out to be non-upgradeable to 8, yet they did not get the abuse that the Playbook gets. And they continue to make legacy devices.
    Meanwhile journalists the world over seem determined to be on the winning side, so they endlessly promote Apple and Samsung.

BlackBerry's problem really is not anything to do with BlackBerry per se. It is to do with a revolution that is happening in the market, fuelled by the rise of China. What can they say? Blaming TH for the present situation is like blaming a farmer for the weather.
    Count Floyd likes this.
    08-17-13 05:19 AM
    In case nobody noticed, just about every well established phone company that isn't Samsung or Apple is having problems. HTC cannot sell their products and are suddenly changing their advertising dramatically. With all Microsoft's clout, Nokia (which is further along in its transition than BlackBerry) is struggling. Meanwhile a whole new lot of vendors in China are suddenly appearing, getting significant world market share simply by being in the Chinese market, and of course their costs are lower because they don't have expensive headquarters in the First World.
    Nokia made a whole lot of WP7 products that turned out to be non-upgradeable to 8, yet they did not get the abuse that the Playbook gets. And they continue to make legacy devices.
    Meanwhile journalists the world over seem determined to be on the winning side, so they endlessly promote Apple and Samsung.

BlackBerry's problem really is not anything to do with BlackBerry per se. It is to do with a revolution that is happening in the market, fuelled by the rise of China. What can they say? Blaming TH for the present situation is like blaming a farmer for the weather.

You make a great point.

China is the next Tech Superpower, that much I'm sure of.

That's why Canada may have to face facts and bite the bullet and do a deal with a Chinese company regarding BB.

You righty say the Chinese market is self contained and these emerging Chinese companies are cost effective and efficient, meaning very profitable, although I must acknowledge the poor working conditions and low pay, the Chinese workers currently endure.

The world is moving East weather you like it or not.
    08-17-13 05:44 AM
    BB must stay calm and bring out the new Z30 and in begin december the Z31 (complete Black with same processor as Z30 but with 3 GB RAM and 12 MP F 1,8 Camera So that they can sold out the Z30 next to the Z31.

The next thing they must do for november is a Z11 with same processor, 3Gb RAM and 12 MP F 1,8 Camera and still sell out the Z10 next to the Z11. The Z11 bottum must be halve open so you can click a black,white,red or blue front on it and with stand black backdoor but the option to get another color form blackberry. Just a click system on bottum and yes people love it.

With 4 Touchscreen models you have a wide range of models with two models you gone sell out with a low price to meet up with mid range market

The Q5 is nice but in november they also must launce a new Q11 with same processor 1,5 ghz but with 3GB and 12 MP F 1,8 camera. Same model still as Q10 zo only more memory and different camera and still selling out Q10 with lower price.

So Z10,Q10 and Z30 only change in RAM and Camera to get in line and still same models and no further devolpment but just upgrade in models and old models just selling out next to upgraded ones. it just a upgrade for november/december sales to compete with.

New focus must be a slide like a the htc touch pro or HTC Z with slide keyboard and call that one YX but made it up midrange 400 dollar and with
    4,2 screen , 1,5 Ghz , 2 Gb and 12 Mp F 1,8 and sell this one in november and let it made by HTC, ask them to build that one because they allready have design for that one. BB choose for HTC Pro keyboard design with above complete touchscreen.

Next thing to do for januari 2014 embrace the mid range mobile range and sell it because people are tired of 500-600 euro models but would rather see 300-400 models with high specs like indeed a 1,5/1,7 Ghz processort , 2Gb/3Gb RAM and 12 M camera. Blackberry must aware the market is full and people planning to renew phone's but not with the highest specs and the allready do a good jobu but with just some upgrade's with there models seems no design worries but just upgrades to compete and sell the stuff because the OS is good
    Last edited by whatsever; 08-17-13 at 06:13 PM.
    Count Floyd and keypad like this.
    08-17-13 05:48 AM
    I think I get the gist of what your saying.

Upgrade the phones camera, ram, processor ect but keep the shell basically the same with a few add-on colour attachments for the consumer crowd, and have them sold alongside current BB models and all before XMAS apart from the new mid range handsets which should be launched in Jan 2014

Wow you are ambitious.
    08-17-13 06:00 AM
    Defending the company?

I�m really not sure why they made the latest announcement, because the told us about these options long before.
    It was only temporary good for the stock price, but it is really fatal for sales!
    I know several big companys who really like BB10 and now halted the upgrade, because they are no longer sure about the future of the devices.

They have to announce a deal immediately, otherwise sales will be lower then low.

The problem is not the hard/software or the lack of apps. The problem is that even CrackBerrys lost confidence in the future of the company.

We need success storys from happy customers every day to generate positive spirit and trust. But BlackBerry is silent ...

Keep moving
    08-17-13 06:17 AM
    Blaming TH for the present situation is like blaming a farmer for the weather.
    While there is more than enough responsibility to go around, using your analogy, did the farmer tell everyone how great the crops were going to be, and that it was the best season ever? And how there were sell outs and wonderful things ahead. Not too mention - at the last minute - tell his customers that their beloved, favorite crop would no longer be available (or upgraded as stated).

A poor analogy. TH and the rest had MUCH more control over the message than the farmer does with the weather.

And to those who think they are being quiet because of an impending deal, if there was even a whiff of a deal, why would you announce that you will entertain any and all "strategic partnerships" and put up the FSBO sign just a few days ago. They've been silent since the quarterly debacle.
    JeepBB and sexybabe88 like this.
    08-17-13 06:19 AM
    The silence is simply due to a total lack of competence in regards to public relations. Whether it is a strategy or not, it's a disaster.

I just went into Vodafone to change my data plan, and saw a man with his son, who had a BlackBerry Bold. They were trading up for an iPhone, but was concerned about the price. As we were walking out, we ended up chatting, and I suggested he try the Z10 as it's much cheaper now...anyway, I showed the phone to him, etc., and they were quite surprised, and decided they would check it out.

As usual, they had no idea. BlackBerry is simply not even on the radar for most people.

The silence is stupid.

Posted via CB10
    1stTry likes this.
    08-17-13 06:29 AM
    The european market is all about mid-range phone's and you can see that high priced phone's getting a hard time because a lot of subscribe's here are around 50-60 euro with no limits and 2000 Mb data and very cheap roaming in europe so a phone with cost 600 euro is not free anymore and people must pay a lot more these days. So high specs seems nice and of course people always wanted a 2 Ghz cpu , 4 GB RAM but it's like buying a car with a maxspeed of 320 km/h while you only drive 130 km/h because thats what is needed, just like apps needed only a max of 1 Ghz and Ram is like having apps needed a glass water but you using a bucket to fill 20 glasses and nobody using 20 apps at the same time.

So now heroic but just using similair design with a upgrade for this year and in februari 2014 launch new models but for now compete with the market in upgrade and not design to keep devolpment cost low.
    08-17-13 06:36 AM
    The silence is simply due to a total lack of competence in regards to public relations. Whether it is a strategy or not, it's a disaster.

I just went into Vodafone to change my data plan, and saw a man with his son, who had a BlackBerry Bold. They were trading up for an iPhone, but was concerned about the price. As we were walking out, we ended up chatting, and I suggested he try the Z10 as it's much cheaper now...anyway, I showed the phone to him, etc., and they were quite surprised, and decided they would check it out.

As usual, they had no idea. BlackBerry is simply not even on the radar for most people.

The silence is stupid.

Posted via CB10
    I agree and people really think about OS 6 and 7 and don't wanted to buy it. I working in business sales and as soon people complain about the price for a iphone I suggest a alternative like the blackberry Z10. The people telling they used a blackberry before but apple is more simple or more apps and me telling people what Z10 is can damage my sales. So let it be and only try it and sometimes it works and afterwards the people are happy about my good advice ,so they is a risk in sales but people seems it beter then iphone after a few weeks.

So Blackberry really must show the icons , touchscreen and just the basic and more specific use like HUB, Sharing like in 10.2 and show that BB10 is same as android and apple but with beter OS. help sales
    app_Developer likes this.
    08-17-13 06:50 AM
    If BB sells or convert to Android, I'll move to another phone Sony I guess. I hate ipone and Android
    08-17-13 06:58 AM
    show that BB10 is same as android and apple but with beter OS. help sales
    How can they show that BB10 is the same but better?
    Do people want the same? Why bother switching from their current device if it is the same?

BlackBerry has failed to show what differentiates their premium priced phones from the rest. And that's a problem.
    Hub didn't do it. Peek and flow didn't do it.

What can be used to differentiate the BB10 phones so the duopoly can be attacked and broken?
    keypad and Drew808 like this.
    08-17-13 07:02 AM
    BlackBerry's PR strategy can simply be rated on how the public relate to it. When a company's statement, or lack of statements, is killing sales, their strategy is a failure. And if they haven't got a strategy, then that's a failure too.

When I invested in BlackBerry after the June crash, I made a judgement that there was little chance of BlackBerry continuing to do nothing about their public image. I honestly thought they would be seeking to ensure the public, and the app developers, that BlackBerry was her to stay. I knew it was a risk to give them that credit, but I really am shocked at the absolutely suicidal lack of interest in addressing the people who actually purchase phones. They've spend all their energy either releasing phones into a void, or scrambling to please shareholders. They've done nothing at all to connect with the general public they are utterly dependent on at this point.

...and people wonder why the phones haven't sold...It's like ALMOST plugging in the television, and wondering why it won't turn on when you press the button...

Posted via CB10
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    08-17-13 07:35 AM
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 07:44 AM
    True for a person; unhealthy for a publicly traded corporation.
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-17-13 07:57 AM
    If BB sells or convert to Android, I'll move to another phone Sony I guess. I hate ipone and Android
    If you're so set against Android, you're in for a bit of a surprise when you buy a Sony device.
    08-17-13 10:15 AM
    I don't get why this topic got moved to "armchair CEO. "

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    08-17-13 11:01 AM
    True for a person; unhealthy for a publicly traded corporation.
    You got that right. Just wish blackberry would realize it

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 11:09 AM
    I don't get why this topic got moved to "armchair CEO. "
    Heh-heh... I've noticed a few threads recently being moved to obscure corners of CB. I'm sure it has nothing to do with those disappearing threads often being critical of BB ... it merely reflects "good housekeeping" by the Mods.
    08-17-13 11:10 AM
    Heh-heh... I've noticed a few threads recently being moved to obscure corners of CB. I'm sure it has nothing to do with those disappearing threads often being critical of BB ... it merely reflects "good housekeeping" by the Mods.
    It's called 'organization'. Giving The threads their own dance floor isn't hiding anything, it's a matter of sorting things out. Considering the forum is at the top of the page, I'd say it's doing a poor job of hiding.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CB Forums mobile app
    08-17-13 11:25 AM
    I think it is a great idea. Still shows up just fine when you hit "New Posts".

I have suggestions for other new subforums. Heh heh heh

This one works nicely, IMHO.
    08-17-13 11:29 AM
    A poor analogy. TH and the rest had MUCH more control over the message than the farmer does with the weather.
    You do not understand my point. Since the Playbook was launched, the "weather" - the mobile phone market - has changed dramatically for reasons beyond the control of BlackBerry. This is in no way the fault of TH and the RIM Board. The result is a contraction of BlackBerry's access to resources, which is unavoidable if the company is to survive. They must concentrate on maximising the return on the assets they have. The endless banging on about the PlayBook is just unrealistic - they tried and found they couldn't do it. There are loads of laptops and phones out there that cannot be upgraded to newer operating systems for all kinds of reasons, and I assume that the showstopper was discovered after the announcement. I have a 64 bit laptop that can only run Windows 7 32 bit, but runs Ubuntu 64 bit just fine. Go figure.
    There is a long verse epic by G K Chesterton that nobody reads nowadays, about Alfred King of Wessex (where I live) who eventually defeated and drove back the Danish invaders when everything seemed hopeless. One verse reads:
    I tell you naught to your comfort
    No, naught to your desire
    Save that the sky grows darker yet
    And the sea rises higher.

That's the position BlackBerry are in. There is no good news in the dreadful economic weather. I imagine BlackBerry is battening down hatches, working for every corporate account they can salvage, looking for opportunities in emerging markets and trying to hold on to share in Europe. This isn't what you want to say to people. People on these threads often accuse TH of lying. Yet you also seem to want him to promote the brand with positive spin. Make your minds up, armchair CEOs!
    08-17-13 02:28 PM
    Well, I guess the Armchair CEOs will always dispute the Excessive Excusers (a new forum perhaps). It's everyone else's fault (the weather, the competition, the media).

I have never accused TH of lying, or even of being a bad manager. He would have been an excellent COO. But he is a terrible CEO and has contributed to the terrible message and loss of credibility. Was he dealt a bad hand. Yes, but he was part of the team before he became CEO. And the hand has gotten worse. Someone has to be held accountable.
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-17-13 02:31 PM
    Well, I guess the Armchair CEOs will always dispute the Excessive Excusers (a new forum perhaps). It's everyone else's fault (the weather, the competition, the media).

I have never accused TH of lying, or even of being a bad manager. He would have been an excellent COO. But he is a terrible CEO and has contributed to the terrible message and loss of credibility. Was he dealt a bad hand. Yes, but he was part of the team before he became CEO. And the hand has gotten worse. Someone has to be held accountable.
    I wouldn't say that the hand has gotten worse. However, the trump card didn't turn out to be as powerful as was expected, at least, not yet.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 02:52 PM
    Fewer subscribers alone would indicate the hand is worse.. But I agree with what you've said.
    08-17-13 02:55 PM
    If you're so set against Android, you're in for a bit of a surprise when you buy a Sony device.

Gonna be a lot of crying and gnashing of teeth for sure.
    08-17-13 03:52 PM
57 123