Against all the negative commentary like say the Tesla CEO defended his?

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    szlevi likes this.
    08-16-13 05:09 PM
    Agreed. The silence is deafening. When a company doesn't control the message then commentary goes wild.
    08-16-13 05:17 PM
    They have nothing to say. What are they going to say?

"Sales aren't as bad as people think" (then they will be asked for numbers)
    "The launch of the 9720 has been well received" (yep, always good to roll out a model from 2 years ago)
    "We really think we could get a great price for the company" (can't talk about a prospective sale)

In the past 6 months, when Thorsten Heins opened his mouth, his foot went in. They are quiet for a reason.

Like Mr. Ed (look it up), they should never speak unless they have something to say.

With no credibility - NONE - they have to wait it out, hope for the best in a sale or private transaction - and start anew.
    08-16-13 05:25 PM
    I'm kind of afraid that it's because they don't have anything to say

EDIT: nj beat me to it
    BergerKing and Blacklatino like this.
    08-16-13 05:26 PM
    It may just be me but what BlackBerry should do is take as much of their 3 billion in available cash as they need to and hire that mofo that did public relations for British Petroleum.
    08-16-13 05:36 PM
    Yea, I'm also thinking that they might not have anything good to say.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 05:39 PM
    And sometimes it's wisest to not argue with fools- other people can't tell the difference.
    tjseaman likes this.
    08-16-13 05:41 PM
    What I find bizarre is that BlackBerry is one of THE top companies when it comes to social networks with some of the most followers and active accounts.

Now I'm not saying all followers and fans are engaged but it's deserving of credit, but their Facebook and Twitter is pretty impressive.

Now... with that being said, their "message" ends there, and blackberry's voice is non existent on every other media.

Maybe it's cause their twitter management team are a bunch of young'ish down with the kids folk whereas the main marketing is lead by uncle grey haired old fashioned frank, who knows, well spoken though just not well at controlling the message in my view.

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    08-16-13 05:44 PM
    Yeah I think that don't have anything really to say to counter the negative sentiment out there. All they have to talk about is 5 year out nebulous visions meanwhile they are looking for someone to buy them so the upper management and board can cash out.

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-16-13 06:20 PM
    They fired the PR team, didn't they. That us what they need, some counter active and counter intelligence PR. I just don't see thors as the face and figurehead with all the negativity swirling around him. They need daily press releases

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    08-16-13 08:42 PM
    The silence is probably due to the position they're in, and knowing that every syllable uttered publicly will be scrutinized under a microscope. When you have a bad reputation for failed execution, all you can do is bust your tail to fix the problem, and make zero promises in the event you fail to rectify the problem.
    08-16-13 08:47 PM
    This isn't the first time the higher ups haven't done their jobs properly.

I'm looking at you Thor and Frank
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    08-16-13 08:47 PM
    Because they are enjoying vacations and drinking lot of caipirinhas.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 08:50 PM
    "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." Mark Twain

Looking in, and made this a part of the Armchair CEO forum.

One bit of wit seems to fit with how they are hunkered down right now.
    keypad likes this.
    08-16-13 09:02 PM
    I think for years they've lost a lot of credibility by constantly talking about and demoing things that are "coming soon". Most of these things haven't come soon at all, and are usually half-baked when they do.

I prefer they keep quiet and announce things when they are actually ready.
    08-16-13 09:09 PM
    Or maybe a deal is underway, no press statements until the deal is signed
    08-16-13 09:16 PM
    Actually, amidst all the speculation the announcement roused, one huge question still lingers for me, and it may be a question the company may actually want to address:

How committed is the company to maintaining the continued development and adoption of BlackBerry 10 in the consumer market while the committee explores these strategic alternatives?

Even though many have written it off, there is still the possibility that BlackBerry can find success on its own. I want to know whether the company still sees a possibility of this happening with any future product launches and marketing campaigns.

Posted via CB10
    keypad likes this.
    08-16-13 09:58 PM
    anything could happen in an instant. we will never know. but i can tell you, it's either the company got something up their sleeve or nothing and they don't want to talk about it. they have a secret and it will be a surpise.
    08-16-13 09:59 PM
    If a "deal" were in the works... might have been advised not to talk about anything.

But it sure seems as if things are not going according to the "plan".

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 10:07 PM
    Against all the negative commentary like say the Tesla CEO defended his?

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    Elon Musk had a defense backed up by data. What is it you expect BlackBerry to say?

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    08-16-13 10:11 PM
    They fired the PR team, didn't they. That us what they need, some counter active and counter intelligence PR. I just don't see thors as the face and figurehead with all the negativity swirling around him. They need daily press releases

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    I don't agree with daily, but, I do know that "if it is not necessary to say, then it's necessary not to say it." Unfortunately, when it's so quiet(from BlackBerry) that you can hear a gnat fart, it's too quiet. Also, who's going to believe anything coming from BlackBerry at this point? Next conspiracy is Thorsten has been "sand-bagging" on purpose.
    08-16-13 10:42 PM
    Even though many have written it off, there is still the possibility that BlackBerry can find success on its own.
    No, there isn't that possibility I'm afraid.

Even though the BB statement did indeed talk about exploring moves to strengthen and extend BB10, that sort of wording was just part of the formula that these statements have to contain.

The real message, easily decoded by the market-pros, was that BB are admitting that they can't do this on their own, and will discuss selling the company, in parts or whole, with anyone with a feasible plan to realise shareholder value.
    greenberry666 likes this.
    08-17-13 04:19 AM
    My mum taught me to, "Say nothing if you have nothing positive or relevant to express."

Well, Mumsy had a point.
    08-17-13 04:28 AM
    Think they are not really in a position to say anything meaningful that will sound half believable. However, the silence makes a lot of people including the current user base nervous. Uncertainty never bodes well with anybody.
    08-17-13 04:31 AM
    The real problem is BlackBerrys lack of communication in general, be that to industry or consumers.

To make maters worse, when you do get a major announcement made, they come out with "PB will not get BB10"

It's been a Ghost town out here since that earth shattering call, so the balance of negative to positive news has been astronomically one sided.

It truely is like BB are carrying a Gorilla on their backs, or maybe the marketing team just took a vacation and left hippo in charge of typing out the press releases.

On top of all this, we still cling to hope.

Do your remember " Hi BB employe Here "

15k plus hits just like that.

People want information, the well is looking very dry.
    Last edited by keypad; 08-17-13 at 05:20 AM.
    08-17-13 05:02 AM
57 123