I have been a BB fans for almost 2 years. I used NOKIA and apple's phone before becoming BB fans. Sometimes, I compared them and I feel BB's mobile can be operated smoothly and have a powerful recovery of BB OS.
    When I want BB cell phone, I source the market of Beijing, but I did not find the update Z10. From then on, I want to know the reason why BB did not sell Z10/Q10/P9982/Z30 in mainland market of China. Mainland market is very potential market. Apple's success based on good marketing strategy and consider market as important.
    Yesterday, I introduced Z10 to my colleague as he want a new phone. When I recommended Z10 to him and he bought it via gray market in China.
    Hope BB sell update cell phone in Mainland.

My pin:2ABBF953
    johnm137 likes this.
    02-19-14 10:58 PM
    Opening a new market like China would cost hundreds of millions of dollars that BB simply doesn't have. In fact, BB withdrew from the China market because their marketshare was so low and because the competition from low-cost Android phones was so fierce. If anything has changed from then until now, it's that the competition is even more fierce, and the price pressure even higher, meaning BB would probably not be price-competitive in China, and could not count on a large enough volume of sales to justify the expense of trying to enter the market, even if BB could afford to do so.
    02-20-14 05:55 PM
    For the Chinese market they would need to license their OS to a Chinese manufacturer. A deal with Lenovo who has 7000 stores would have been ideal but probably too late now.
    02-20-14 08:52 PM