So as everyone knows buy now Microsoft just bought Nokia. This certainly creates a lot of new opportunities for the windows line of phones.

I think Microsoft's next move is to purchase BlackBerry. Think about it blackberry is a player in the enterprise world, albeit to a less extent it once did. That being said windows is still far and away the dominant player in os in the workplace. The integration would be a natural one. Be able to integrate your work computer with your smartphone, and your tablet. Instantly the Windows brand becomes more attractive as workers can be more efficient. Microsoft will also benefit from blackberrys secure reputation. Not to mention blackberrys ability to be able to manage iOS and android devices. Obviously the next obvious move would be to integrate windows to the mix *** well.

However if this were to happen I believe it would effectively kill the blackberry smartphone as we know it. They could perhaps continue to use the bb10 os for some things but obviously the focus will be Windows 8. Microsoft would essentially be buying blackberry strong enterprise and security reputations to build the customer base in windows 8. Microsoft and enterprise are an obvious fix. BlackBerrys patents certainly could benefit windows phones, perhaps the integration of the android player to the windows brand would actually be beneficial as windows has gained market share worldwide.

I don't know if it happens but it isn't that far fetched.

Thoughts.
    Blu3V3nom07 likes this.
    09-03-13 09:41 PM
    Samsung would be awesome. Galaxy bb4 with BlackBerry 10

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    Drayk likes this.
    09-03-13 09:43 PM
    If MSFT bought BBRY, then it would probably be the end for BB10 as well. Why would they bother developing an unrelated OS, when they already have so much invested into their unified platforms (W8,WP8,WRT,XBOX1)?
    BerryWizard likes this.
    09-03-13 09:55 PM
    The combination of Microsoft and BlackBerry in enterprise should be a unbeatable dream team. If that happens, Apple and Android would have no chance to succeed in this ludicrous and very important business.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 10:01 PM
    lol. The NSA is really hoping for that happen.

BB Z10 Rocks!
    09-03-13 10:02 PM
    With the acquisition of the 'Nokia build' they've also bought a swathe of personal preferences along with it, yet would they want an entirely new mobile OS? Possibly.
    Apple acquiring NeXT (along with Steve Jobs) ultimately allowed them to go Mobile.
    A Nokia 1020 running a fully Windows integrated BB10 is a thought provoking proposition.

Z10 via CB 10
    09-03-13 10:15 PM
    If they wanted it I think they would have done it already.
    09-03-13 10:22 PM
    They are probably waiting for BBRY's value to drop more so that they can buy it for cheap.
    09-03-13 10:24 PM
    The combination of Microsoft and BlackBerry in enterprise should be a unbeatable dream team. If that happens, Apple and Android would have no chance to succeed in this ludicrous and very important business.
    I recon you meant "lucrative".

Maybe under that scenario, Apple and Google would find various ways to partner on enterprise to keep MicroBerry at bay.
    09-03-13 10:25 PM
    Totally agree with this. They would have done it by now. Sorry of I repeat myself. I think the 3 big boys are watching very closely and waiting for the right opportunity to pick up the patents. They will offer Blackberries corporate customers a sweet deal they can't refuse in order to move to their platform. Others who want to stick with Blackberry will just get updates for a while before they discontinue the service.
    09-03-13 10:30 PM
    Samsung would be awesome. Galaxy bb4 with BlackBerry 10

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    After all the people blasting Samsung's build quality around here, I think the faithful would run from those phones like smallpox infected blankets.
    kbz1960 and moody like this.
    09-03-13 10:31 PM
    I think if Microsoft was planning on buying Blackberry, they would not have bought Nokia.
    Jerale Hoard and JasW like this.
    09-03-13 10:34 PM
    I have not seen any reasons here why Microsoft would want BB except for the notion that once again BlackBerry could be a business centric phone. Those days are gone.
    09-03-13 10:36 PM
    Would actually love to see a Cisco partnership! Integration into everything and real m2m computing.

Posted via CB10
    Brandon Orr likes this.
    09-03-13 10:37 PM
    Would actually love to see a Cisco partnership! Integration into everything and real m2m computing.

Posted via CB10
    To be honest, I want ANY company that could spark some momentum. They need a new face for Blackberry. Blackberry need to find their very own "Steve Jobs". Someone that can lead and shows real passion for the company.
    09-03-13 10:43 PM
    They are probably waiting for BBRY's value to drop more so that they can buy it for cheap.
    LMAO. OK.

MS is not going to buy BB. Not gonna happen. BUT ! lets assume they do............ BB is done, and it will be assimilated.
    hf199 likes this.
    09-03-13 10:50 PM
    I think if Microsoft was planning on buying Blackberry, they would not have bought Nokia.
    100% Correct.
    09-03-13 10:52 PM
    Consider the article that just came out stating that Microsoft was still looking at blackberry even after the nokia deal, and that the deal with Nokia was being worked on since February, I don't think it's that far fetched. Everyone also seems to keep thinking that bbry will be bought in total. Again the recently released article by a bbry bod member stating that bbry would like to lose some of its under performing assets, Microsoft and BlackBerry could already be working on a deal where Microsoft buys the parts of BlackBerry it wants. Perhaps Microsoft would buy the hardware, and be able to manufacture phones in north and South America, away from Chinese influence to help with government contracts that need the utmost security, or BlackBerrys secure infrastructure to increase security again for its already dominate position in business and government. Who knows what they want, but after it was rumoured that Microsoft was trying to buy Nokia, and that talks broke down over price, and then maybe a month later a deal is announced, maybe some of these rumours about microsoft and blackberry have something to them.
    09-03-13 10:53 PM
    To be honest, I want ANY company that could spark some momentum. They need a new face for Blackberry. Blackberry need to find their very own "Steve Jobs". Someone that can lead and shows real passion for the company.
    I agree that it feels BlackBerry is lost, but I really believe Steve Jobs is one of those 'once in a lifetime ' people. In the same vein as Einstein, etc.

Maybe Elon Musk is one of 'those people' with a vision and know how to achieve it.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 10:55 PM
    I could see it, though I don't want to.
    09-03-13 10:57 PM
    I agree that it feels BlackBerry is lost, but I really believe Steve Jobs is one of those 'once in a lifetime ' people. In the same vein as Einstein, etc.

Maybe Elon Musk is one of 'those people' with a vision and know how to achieve it.

Posted via CB10
    I was just using Steve Jobs as an example. They just need someone that can see what needs to be done and have the insight to lead everyone there.
    Is there someone like that, I don't know.
    09-03-13 10:58 PM
    I was just using Steve Jobs as an example. They just need someone that can see what needs to be done and have the insight to lead everyone there.
    Is there someone like that, I don't know.
    Maybe Elon Musk is that guy! What's the chances he would be interested?! Lol

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 11:00 PM
    Maybe Elon Musk is that guy! What's the chances he would be interested?! Lol

Posted via CB10
    I had to google to see who Elon Musk was lol.....

If he would do it, I think he could probably to the job. He seems to be busy making money in everything else.
    moody likes this.
    09-03-13 11:03 PM
    To the people saying if Microsoft wanted it they would have done it already. Strongly disagree. If the bought blackberry BEFORE Nokia, Nokias street value would be decimated, people would have perceived it to be then end of the Microsoft Nokia partnership meaning Nokia's mobile business would be in absolute ruins...more so.

By buying Nokia first it does a couple of things. It raised Nokia's market cap by 30% today and lead to numerous articles and talk about how this further hurts blackberry which in essence could lead to further deterioration of market value for bbry making it even more attractive for Microsoft.

I'm telling you folks this isn't too far fetched given what I think they would use blackberry for.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    09-03-13 11:08 PM
    I had to google to see who Elon Musk was lol.....

If he would do it, I think he could probably to the job. He seems to be busy making money in everything else.
    Lol i'm sure you're not the only person who doesn't recognise the name.

Fact is, he truly is a visionary and using Tesla for an example, against all Odds and naysayers, found the resources and partners to make a usable albeit high end electric car that is winning car critics' hearts and minds.

His next project is outrageous! But he has said, if nobody touches it, he'll do a small version to show what can be done.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 11:10 PM
72 123