I was equally excited as everyone in here for the 10.2.1 update for BB10 OS and even download the leaked updated for the first time. But after a couple of months I realised I Literally hate it. I just deleted all my Android apps from here and stick with the native Blackberry 10apps, which was easy with the iGrann and Whine and some other apps. Still missing Flipboard on my Q10 but I sideloaded it on my playbook. So I pretty much have everything I need on my BB10 + the browser is really cool for everything else. I am against the android runtime and it's risks since it clearly affected my experience on my phone negatively (and made me realise why I stopped using android altogether). I suggest Blackberry just stick to app clients such as igrann and Whine for major apps and JUST CLOSES the android runtime.

Posted via my Q10/Playbook/Curve
    giorgoskyropoulos and Q10Bold like this.
    02-07-14 04:56 AM
    The Android eBay app is better than the port on BBW. Some apps aren't even available. Maybe if BlackBerry gets enough of a base the natives will be made, but the runtime is a necessary evil now. BlackBerry shot themselves in the foot when when they announced Android apps on the PlayBook and it caused many to not develop for it, and the Android runtime came late and wasn't good.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 05:17 AM
    I suggest that they work with developers such as S4BB and the ones who did iGrann and Whine to make native 3rd party client apps, since I downloaded my iGrann I deleted instagram and the same for whine. That's the best thing to do. Just do the essential apps and the most popular ones.

02-07-14 05:29 AM
    I was equally excited as everyone in here for the 10.2.1 update for BB10 OS and even download the leaked updated for the first time. But after a couple of months I realised I Literally hate it. I just deleted all my Android apps from here and stick with the native Blackberry 10apps, which was easy with the iGrann and Whine and some other apps. Still missing Flipboard on my Q10 but I sideloaded it on my playbook. So I pretty much have everything I need on my BB10 + the browser is really cool for everything else. I am against the android runtime and it's risks since it clearly affected my experience on my phone negatively (and made me realise why I stopped using android altogether). I suggest Blackberry just stick to app clients such as igrann and Whine for major apps and JUST CLOSES the android runtime.

So you hate them because you hate them and don't want them?
    02-07-14 05:41 AM
    No no, not the apps. But I do not like the whole android experience on Blackberry. It looks cheap, lags and on my Q10 even the best app does not look suitable for my phone. All I am saying is that I prefer native client apps for BB10 instead of the ports.

angieberry10 and yungwun555 like this.
    02-07-14 05:46 AM
    I suggest that they work with developers such as S4BB and the ones who did iGrann and Whine to make native 3rd party client apps, since I downloaded my iGrann I deleted instagram and the same for whine. That's the best thing to do. Just do the essential apps and the most popular ones.

That's the best thing for YOU to do. The best thing for ME to do, is continue to enjoy my device the way I get to enjoy it - without restrictions.
    Last edited by Mecca EL; 02-07-14 at 08:18 AM.
    Ecm, mjdimer, propeller10 and 1 others like this.
    02-07-14 07:38 AM
    I sideload Viber in my Q10. It works for chat but it didn't work on call and crash a lot. Aweful. I hope Viber will change their mind support BlackBerry 10

Posted via the Amazing Q10 10.2.1.537
    02-07-14 08:24 AM
    I find it interesting that now the App gap is close to be closed with the lastest Andoid run time... It's now.. we have Android apps but they are "crappy"... BB cannot win.... As with ......on any platform there will always be poor apps... just the way of the world... how about a novel idea.... enjoy what works well and delete the rest......
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-07-14 08:35 AM
    I have to agree with the notion that the runtime is a necessary evil. I have access to the latest fad apps on Andriod, but I still get the smoothness of BB10 with them.

I get to enjoy my phone the way I want to and with 10.2.1 it's like I got a new phone.
    web99 and Mecca EL like this.
    02-07-14 08:49 AM
    No no, not the apps. But I do not like the whole android experience on Blackberry. It looks cheap, lags and on my Q10 even the best app does not look suitable for my phone. All I am saying is that I prefer native client apps for BB10 instead of the ports.

If someone has a gun to your head forcing you to install Android apps your should call the police. Nobody here can help you.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-07-14 09:18 AM
    I get what you're getting at OP. I too really prefer bb10 native apps, but I would hate to loose the android runtime. The experience and fluidity is not nearly as good as on the native apps, but to not have some apps which aren't on bb10 yet... that's not an option for me.

Posted via CB10
    yungwun555 likes this.
    02-07-14 09:49 AM
    The Android runtime is nice to have gives those users the ability to run those apps that are currently not available or that will never come. Regardless it's pretty cool BB 10 can run its own native apps and Android apps.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-07-14 10:03 AM

Got any specific reasons other than "i uate android now"

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 02:24 PM
    I find that many apk 's just don't work very well at all or even load. The major apps work but are clunky because of the way android is, it is just not as fluid as bb10. I have snap really to just prove to the hatters that I have what they have and more. BlackBerry World has everything I need.

Posted with the Glorious Z30
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-07-14 09:11 PM
    I installed Netflix and Starbucks Android apps on the Z10 and both are running flawless and smooth. That is basically all I need from Android, the rest are in BlackBerry World.
    nt300 and Mecca EL like this.
    02-07-14 09:33 PM
    I have snap really to just prove to the hatters that I have what they have and more.
    Oh noo... not the hatters! those guys are spooky as he##!

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and JeepBB like this.
    02-08-14 02:08 AM
    All I am saying is we have such a nice platform, and did anyone see the Sochi app? Can you realise how nice a native app can be on Blackberry 10? So please stop saying android ports are smooth and great. They might be, but not as good as BlackBerry natives.

02-08-14 04:31 AM
    All I am saying is we have such a nice platform, and did anyone see the Sochi app? Can you realise how nice a native app can be on Blackberry 10? So please stop saying android ports are smooth and great. They might be, but not as good as BlackBerry natives.

I doubt that anyone would disagree with the above statement. But you said, and I'm paraphrasing, that the RT was a bad thing and should be removed. Choice and options are only bad to those that don't appreciate flexibility.
    If an app has a crap UI, but is written well, I'm going to use it. It's my choice to either run a rouge app, install an apk OTA, sideload a BB World unapproved app, etc. MY choice. Mine, not yours.
    Did I say Mine?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 10:26 AM
    It's not Android's fault that those apps run like crap on BB10 and android apps are smooth and buttery on an Android device.
    Native will always be the best option and the runtime still needs a lot of work. Pandora is the only Android app I have on my device. I deleted all other Android apps few days ago.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-08-14 10:36 AM
    I installed Netflix and Starbucks Android apps on the Z10 and both are running flawless and smooth. That is basically all I need from Android, the rest are in BlackBerry World.
    What I want is the real deal. A Pure Native BlackBerry 10 app to ensure outstanding performance. I don't see either Netflix or Starbucks, to name a few coming anytime soon if ever in BlackBerry World, whether it be a port or designed from the ground up (Native App).
    So I believe if most BB10 users start downloading and installing the high profile Android apps for there BlackBerry 10 devices, this could very well spark DEV interest in creating Native BB10 apps.

This may also help sell more BB10's to consumers that care more for apps than anything else. A 100% positive IMO.
    It's not Android's fault that those apps run like crap on BB10 and android apps are smooth and buttery on an Android device.
    Native will always be the best option and the runtime still needs a lot of work. Pandora is the only Android app I have on my device. I deleted all other Android apps few days ago.
    Android apps such as Netflix & Starbucks along with several other apps including games all run smooth on the Z10.
    Sure there will be a few Android apps that may not run 100% perfect on a BB10 device, nevertheless, I like having the option for more apps, that cannot be found on BBW.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-08-14 10:38 AM
    Agreed. Most run bad. We need more native apps. I don't card if developers charge more for the bb10 apps, I am willing to pay more for decent native apps like craigslist, camscanner, etc

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 12:34 PM
    Kindle and Ascendo DataVault are the only two Android ports I have on my Z10 simply because they have no native BB 10 versions and they are must-haves for me. I do not hate Android apps but I lament the poor BB 10 native app ecosystem.
    02-08-14 01:09 PM
    I like it, I got a launcher and sometimes hide the bottom bar and trick people into thinking BlackBerry devices run the Android os, then most are blown away to find out it runs bb10 which can run android apps, widgets and launchers, with some limitations of course.
    Why I hate Android apps on BB10-img_20140208_224430.png

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    02-08-14 10:47 PM
    The runtime let me play fifa 14 in my z10... that makes me happy.. others may say tools over toy.. but me as a user n consumer, I need both.. and BlackBerry still has that app n games gap.. so if u don't like the runtime, u should consider it as a bonus in BlackBerry 10 not as weak point. the runtime helps many user, I think this is a fact. u can hope BlackBerry to bring app clients or big dev to bring their games to BlackBerry 10 but that is not really happening now. So the runtime is still a positive thing in my opinion..

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 11:05 PM
    Yea, I could go either way on this. Snap really improved my thoughts about including Android on BlackBerry. Still, something about having to side load Snap will turn the majority away. I think this is why BlackBerry didn't even mention the addition of Android Apps in their 10.2.1 press release. It has to be a simple process before they can even think about calling this a success. As of now, it all lends to more confusion and bad press from frustrated customers.
    That being said, I'm really happy I side loaded Snap. Just having the ability to download the three key apps I needed to complete my collection brings an entirely new experience on BB10.
    It's too bad BlackBerry didn't get these on their own though. I imagine most only need a few to bring full satisfaction. So now, will developers just say, " they can get Android apps now"? Will it make it worse? Not sure? I still think BlackBerry should continue the path of full developer support. I just can't figure out if this will be easier or harder now?

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 12:02 AM
33 12