Why is it so hard for BlackBerry to announce things but not deliver? I don't understand why they need to announce things months in advance? When they announced the Z3, there was hype around it. The phone should have been released within the next week or so. Why announce it if you are not ready? Why vague dates like sometime in April? Why not April xx, 2014? All this does is gives people fake hopes. After today's results, people are saying oh, next quarter, sales should be better with the Z3 being released.

You know exactly what we'll hear at quarter hearing? Oh the Z3 only had a month for sales, it should go up next quarter. The same crap we heard when Q10 was released. Instead, if BlackBerry released Z3 on March 1, next quarter would give us a better picture.

And advertising? You are a month away from your major release, what are you doing to market it?

Also, when the device is released, why make it country exclusive? Why not have a mass release, even with a smaller production, if supply decreases and demand increases, there isn't anything killing the demand. At least have the device available on your website for direct purchase for anyone around the world.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 07:40 AM
    All valid questions. From a launch standpoint they had to announce something or they would be dead in the water. If they hadn't mentioned these new devices they might as well put up a "going out of business" sign.
    03-28-14 07:46 AM
    As much as we have been told to date the z3 is a "3G" device made specifically for 8 emerging markets which will launch with little to no ads.
    You should temper your expectations.
    So, how exactly is that device supposed to help save the company? It's not going to bring any new Service Revenue, since there is not BIS, I don't expect the margin on it to be much. So, unless you are not selling a large number of them, it's pretty useless. And without advertising, we have seen the numbers?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 07:47 AM
    All valid questions. From a launch standpoint they had to announce something or they would be dead in the water. If they hadn't mentioned these new devices they might as well put up a "going out of business" sign.
    But they loose out on all the hype that's initially created when a device is announced. It's like 100 people learn about it, by the time it will be released 50 would remember. Out of 50, 30 would be from Indonesia, the other 20 are from another country, by the time it's released, only 5 in that country remember. I think I am being generous here with the numbers.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 07:51 AM
    Who said the z3 would be blackberry's savior???
    It's part of the plan, if it's not helping, it's a waste of resources.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 07:51 AM
    Whose plan? your plan?

According to Chen the z3 would be manufactured and sold in Indonesia because Indonesia is now the most important market to blackberry.
    So, how are Z3 sales not important?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 08:00 AM
    Well for starters bb Ceo said:
    "the focus is going to be very keyboard centric."
    Why spend resources on Z3?
    03-28-14 08:22 AM
    Why spend resources on Z3?
    There are details we're not privy to, which includes the strategy for Android on BB10: they may want to compete with Android devices on the low end by having better Android integration with BB10, and the Z3 might be an ideal device for those who would think "best of BB10 OS + Android Apps" as better than "Android OS + Android apps". It'll take time, but having a low-end full touch device is an important of the product mix. It's why Coca Cola isn't ONLY sold in 2 litre bottles, that kind of thing.

It's undeniable that BB10 is a great OS, and it's also undeniable that Android and iOS are good, too, and the challenge is getting information about the key differentiators of BB10 out to those who would be enticed to switch to BB10 from iOS or Android... it won't happen overnight, but even before that will have any positive impact, BB has to prove they're not going to go bankrupt imminently.
    03-28-14 08:33 AM
    I would really like to see a Blackberry commercial on TV. Did anyone see one? Just look at how Samsung is behind Apple in the ads, showing what they got.

Blackberry!!! Please show what you got. People just doesn't know how awesome you are because of not advertising.
    03-28-14 08:36 AM
    There are details we're not privy to, which includes the strategy for Android on BB10: they may want to compete with Android devices on the low end by having better Android integration with BB10, and the Z3 might be an ideal device for those who would think "best of BB10 OS + Android Apps" as better than "Android OS + Android apps". It'll take time, but having a low-end full touch device is an important of the product mix. It's why Coca Cola isn't ONLY sold in 2 litre bottles, that kind of thing.

It's undeniable that BB10 is a great OS, and it's also undeniable that Android and iOS are good, too, and the challenge is getting information about the key differentiators of BB10 out to those who would be enticed to switch to BB10 from iOS or Android... it won't happen overnight, but even before that will have any positive impact, BB has to prove they're not going to go bankrupt imminently.
    I never said Z3 was a bad move, I was just trying to question the other guys logic. I just don't like this announcement that happened over a month ago without an actual announcement date and everything else that's happening with regards to the Z3.
    03-28-14 08:41 AM
    Have some patience, BlackBerry has been doing major and necessary house cleaning. John Chen & co are beginning to pivot. Watch and see.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 08:52 AM
    They are a publicly held company.
    They have to tell the shareholders what they plan on doing, so that the shareholders agree to keep board members in their jobs.

Marketing is weak. Chen got rid of the marketing head. They are probably waiting for the new devices to do a new marketing push.

And of course, Apple just poached a top guy from BlackBerry, so Chen needs to make sure that what he knows now is not what will be in six months.

Posted from my Z30 using CB10
    03-28-14 09:26 AM