I am a Die hard fan of Blackberry, and it hurts me to see BBRY stocks take small leaps, what if BBB (Blackberry Bank) is a serious concept that blackberry has to jump to to keep their stock going back to normal, catering big business companies and corporate companies, in terms of banking and salaries through BBB(Blackberry Bank), blackberry will be a player again, saying this because people wont mind turning back to using BLACKBERRY service BBB(Blackberry Bank) cus of the levels of security u guys provide. wish i get hired cus i can think of hell loads of ides to give out for the Development of the company!
    02-18-18 03:01 PM
    You think BlackBerry should go into the international banking business?

Aren't they better just to continue offering their secure enterprise management systems and apps to existing banks?

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2017/06/...ii-compliance/

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/12/...ingle-console/

https://ca.linkedin.com/company/blackberry

"BlackBerry holds 80+ security certifications. We hold the top position in all six categories of Gartner’s high-security mobility management study. We are ranked among the top 10% of all cybersecurity providers. All G7 governments and 15 of G20 are BlackBerry customers. BlackBerry Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) software is the most widely-deployed among Fortune 500 companies."
    Last edited by conite; 02-18-18 at 03:56 PM.
    02-18-18 03:40 PM
    I think you are severely underestimating what it takes to become a bank not to mention a corporate bank. Take a look at this market capitalization map to see how some of the other tech companies are able to get into banking due to their sheer size compared to financial companies. https://finviz.com/map.ashx?t=sec_all&st=w52
    02-18-18 03:42 PM
    Why not? Would you prefer Google wallet or Blackberry bank? Blackberry is known to keep your data ultra secure whom would u trust ? Online money is nothing but data.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-18 12:10 PM
    Why not? Would you prefer Google wallet or Blackberry bank? Blackberry is known to keep your data ultra secure whom would u trust ? Online money is nothing but data.

Posted via CB10
    Since BB is Android, it's already Google. Also, BB is tiny as company when compared to other companies mentioned previously.
    pg sheng likes this.
    03-09-18 12:12 PM
    why not step into something new than sit idle may be some growth can be seen in the companys stock. As it is now always in a fluctuating manors of slight up and down, if it opens a bank it can see a number of people who use crackberry very much interestingly themselves opening a bank account and interesting using it, some of them who would like to have an account in a blackberry bank can be billionaires, who knows?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-18 12:33 PM
    why not step into something new than sit idle may be some growth can be seen in the companys stock. As it is now always in a fluctuating manors of slight up and down, if it opens a bank it can see a number of people who use crackberry very much interestingly themselves opening a bank account and interesting using it, some of them who would like to have an account in a blackberry bank can be billionaires, who knows?

Posted via CB10
    Don't forget that BlackBerry is a Canadian company and the banking industry in Canada is very heavily regulated.
    This is not something simple to set up.
    pg sheng likes this.
    03-09-18 12:41 PM
    Collaborate with an existing bank which wants to see itself sold later take over.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-18 12:43 PM
    I see a lot of banks being eaten by other big names.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-18 12:44 PM
    Induce blackberry bank into BBM where money can be transferred as a message, thus having many people downloading BBM again

Posted via CB10
    03-09-18 12:49 PM
    Induce blackberry bank into BBM where money can be transferred as a message, thus having many people downloading BBM again

Posted via CB10
    No. They already have bank apps on their iPhones and Android phones. If they do not want to use BBM as a chat app, they won't want it for a bank app.
    03-09-18 01:47 PM
    No. They already have bank apps on their iPhones and Android phones. If they do not want to use BBM as a chat app, they won't want it for a bank app.
    I still haven't seen too many people using iPhones or Android making payments. Might be different in other markets, but in the US... really not much "profit" in it right now.

Might as well as why doesn't BlackBerry get in to making cars...
    03-09-18 03:29 PM
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2017/03/...id-smartphone/

The story of how many people still use BBM, a million will opt for BlackBerry bank and slowly the fans of blackberry also will want to have a functional secure payment method, if blackberry can do that it's niche market is captured.
    For people who buy a new blackberry device setting up a blackberry bank account becomes mandatory at the time of set up.

If companies in Indonesia start of giving their salaries through Blackberry Bank (as blackberry is still a big company there) and consumers can use cheque book leaves to withdraw cash anywhere in the world, nothing like it if it is a possibility.

Not telling that Blackberry should have its major business as Bank but it can have it as a wing as a part of business growth plan.

Many of my friends and around me seek cash online when I am unable to give it to them in hand, when kids don't have money parents can transfer cash though BBM while chatting (induced with a lot of security features) .

On the other hand they must start innovating things like how they started.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Johnny Shooter; 03-09-18 at 10:27 PM.
    03-09-18 07:51 PM
    Made in Indonesia, for Indonesians: Our Partner BB Merah Putih Launches BlackBerry Aurora, Our Newest Secure Android Smartphone | Inside BlackBerry

The story of how many people still use BBM, a million will opt for BlackBerry bank and slowly the fans of blackberry also will want to have a functional secure payment method, if blackberry can do that it's niche market is captured.
    For people who buy a new blackberry device setting up a blackberry bank account becomes mandatory at the time of set up.

If companies in Indonesia start of giving their salaries through Blackberry Bank (as blackberry is still a big company there) and consumers can use cheque book leaves to withdraw cash anywhere in the world, nothing like it if it is a possibility.

Not telling that Blackberry should have its major business as Bank but it can have it as a wing as a part of business growth plan.

Many of my friends and around me seek cash online when I am unable to give it to them in hand, when kids don't have money parents can transfer cash though BBM while chatting (induced with a lot of security features) .

On the other hand they must start innovating things like how they started.

Posted via CB10
    If what you describe is legally possible and offers probability of significant immediate profits, multinational institution should offer the service. To me, it sounds like PayPal and they've figured out pretty well, the business already.
    03-10-18 06:06 AM
    03-10-18 08:27 AM
    There are already apps for this that probably have already complied with whatever regulatory rules that they need to. So why reinvent the wheel?
    03-10-18 08:41 AM
    There are apps but are they bringing profit to BlackBerry? Definitely not. Why are banks open? To earn profit. Have a bank of ur own and earn profit with which u can fund your own R&D unit and enter mobile market with your own devices than outsourcing, since blackberry itself has said it is not a company for everyone. Let out limited editions of your own standards to compete with rivals.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-18 09:15 AM
    There are apps but are they bringing profit to BlackBerry? Definitely not. Why are banks open? To earn profit. Have a bank of ur own and earn profit with which u can fund your own R&D unit and enter mobile market with your own devices than outsourcing, since blackberry itself has said it is not a company for everyone. Let out limited editions of your own standards to compete with rivals.

Posted via CB10
    And why would a bank pay more money to collaborate with BlackBerry when they are just fine with their own apps?
    03-10-18 09:25 AM
    Blackberry should stick with what they know. Software and licensing. That's about it.

Diversification into banking doesn't seem like a good idea.

Posted via my Awesome Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163 pin:2C33423A
    howarmat likes this.
    03-10-18 10:09 AM
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKBN1DM08H

Sooner or later it's software and security enterprise business will be attacked(a competition I mean) by anyone or Apple if they stop innovating.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Johnny Shooter; 03-10-18 at 12:04 PM.
    03-10-18 10:45 AM
    Because it wasn't economically worth it for PayPal. Why do you think it would be different for a newer unknown player?
    03-10-18 04:11 PM
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKBN1DM08H

Sooner or later it's software and security enterprise business will be attacked(a competition I mean) by anyone or Apple if they stop innovating.

Posted via CB10
    Already has been... BlackBerry has a much smaller pond these days than they did 10 years ago with BES. Back then companies of every size were running their own Exchange Servers and BES (BESx) Servers... today most of those smaller customer are using "services" to provide email, device management and security features for their users. Only the really large companies with stricter security requirements are still doing their own in house servers and software.... and they are the only ones that can really afford what BlackBerry is offering - but as those other services improve....

As for the banking... why didn't Apple or Google?
    03-12-18 10:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ok, this is what you are up against.

First off, banking is HEAVILY regulated in many areas - Canada, especially.
    Secondly, there are many people like myself who are not BBM users and would NOT be drawn to BBM even if it offered payment options. Why? Because my bank's apps ALREADY OFFER this functionality.

As for your earlier example of BB should get into Indonesia and have pay cheques transferred by BBM - that's maybe a good idea, but this would involve huge work because you would have to get to individual corporations and negotiate with them to deliver the pay cheques - services that the Indonesian banks likely already have set up.

On balance I just don't see the idea flying - kudos to you for the suggestion, but I think you are vastly under-estimating the difficulty and vastly over-estimating the potential benefit to BB.
    03-12-18 11:45 AM
    To all those who needed an explanation about the concept i had in my mind the below link will suffice as an answer, just that i had the plan parallel running in my head as did Blackberry.

https://crackberry.com/bbm-offers-in...-mobile-wallet
    03-22-18 02:50 AM
    To all those who needed an explanation about the concept i had in my mind the below link will suffice as an answer, just that i had the plan parallel running in my head as did Blackberry.

https://crackberry.com/bbm-offers-in...-mobile-wallet
    Makes sense there where usage of BBM is high so it's worth the investment and maintenance.
    03-22-18 06:04 AM
27 12