pricing and marketing...

Sent via Tapatalk 2
    I wonder how much marketing comes into play when their mandate is to keep their existing core audience, no necessarily try and bring new people in. Esp after today's announcement.

Posted via CB10 on 10.1.0.4780
    09-21-13 03:18 AM
    In South Africa, pricing is the issue. BIS is still the coolest thing ever.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    09-21-13 03:18 AM
    I'm wondering why BlackBerry didn't discount the Z10 shortly after release to increase sales. Apple certainly did this with the original iPhone to reach their sales goals, even in the face of disillusioning the faithful that paid full price. (The original iPhone went from $600 to $400 in 11 weeks.)

Is there some weird account rule BlackBerry is taking advantage of where they can write off the full cost of making the Z10's and sell the inventory at a loss and count those sales as all profit?
    09-21-13 04:18 AM
    I wonder how much marketing comes into play when their mandate is to keep their existing core audience, no necessarily try and bring new people in. Esp after today's announcement.

I really hope bb would survive and I wish they merge to another tech company especially the big one either samsung or microsoft..

Sent via Tapatalk 2
    09-21-13 04:19 AM
    I always hear that BlackBerry has this huge user base. Then, why aren't they switching over to BB10? I never liked the older BlackBerry phones but I love Z10. So, I wonder what is keeping these millions of users from getting a better phone.

Maybe BlackBerry can use their inventory creatively to make these people switch - trade, discounts, offers whatever.

Posted via CB10
    I'm going to post my informal BBos7 9720 review this weekend, which may address some of your questions.

I am a first time BlackBerry user who chose to go with BBos7 over BB10, first.

That's not to say I will not adopt BB10 in the future but my experience with the 9720 on BB7 has given me an invaluable insight into why many people have chosen to stick with BB7 at this point in time.
    09-21-13 04:21 AM
    BBOS provides a better business tool, simplest answer. RIM realized today they need to stop trying to make hip and sexy devices for 17 year olds and focus on their enterprise customers

I think z10 would still prove to be a better biz tool if they had tried it.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 04:26 AM
    To switch to a device that doesn't run all the apps, means the apps you did buy are useless, and doesn't look like it will be around next year? I'm not being a troll... that's an honest answer. I've had so many friends that were heavy BB users switch over to Apple and Android in the last 2 months I've lost count. My BBM list is pretty empty these days.
    I disagree. They would have faced the similar situation when moving to android or apple. They would have to buy the apps again and many useful apps from older devices are not available in android and iPhone.

Who switched to other platforms must have their reasons. I am curious about those with BlackBerry but have not switched to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 04:31 AM
    And I hate it when they have this surprised look that the BlackBerry I have is different from the old ones. It only means not enough marketing was done. Now, this.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. Many still think BlackBerry has that old non touchscreen phones with old looking UI.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 04:33 AM
    The simple answer (for me at least, being on a BlackBerry for 10+ yrs now), is the best possible email client while out of the office. That's just my definition though.

Legacy BBOS was the closest thing to Outlook you could have IMO. Keyboard shortcuts, advanced remote searches, filing sent items, etc etc etc...

**edit: and BB10 set us back at least 5 yrs in regards to the functionality I've had on legacy. Again IMHO and for what I use the BlackBerry for.

So you would say that people would still choose BBOS over BB10 even if they get to test use both phones over some time for free?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 04:36 AM
    I'm going to post my informal BBos7 9720 review this weekend, which may address some of your questions.

I am a first time BlackBerry user who chose to go with BBos7 over BB10, first.

That's not to say I will not adopt BB10 in the future but my experience with the 9720 on BB7 has given me an invaluable insight into why many people have chosen to stick with BB7 at this point in time.
    Look forward to it.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 04:38 AM
    So you would say that people would still choose BBOS over BB10 even if they get to test use both phones over some time for free?

Posted via CB10
    Both the crackberry and n4bb podcasts last night made that very point, that people who were hardcore users were trying bb10, finding it lacking and going back to bb07.
    09-21-13 04:41 AM
    Since BlackBerry has already written off their inventory I presume they should be willing to sell these devices for less price.

Do you think many will switch if BlackBerry provides trade-in program for real cheap? Or provides free devices to companies upgrading.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 04:42 AM
    Both the crackberry and n4bb podcasts last night made that very point, that people who were hardcore users were trying bb10, finding it lacking and going back to bb07.
    Could it be because they were not open to change and were too used to the old system?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 04:45 AM
    Since BlackBerry has already written off their inventory I presume they should be willing to sell these devices for less price.

Do you think many will switch if BlackBerry provides trade-in program for real cheap? Or provides free devices to companies upgrading.

Posted via CB10

If they did that, it would help for sure.
    09-21-13 06:14 AM
    IMO, the US consumer base is one that is focused on having an entertainment and social device. That's certainly how the market has developed. The emergence of social apps and being "connected", to be seen and noticed by the public through a device that provided some anonymity, is like having a platform that you would otherwise never have had. Maybe a little like having your own mini reality show, but it's you that controls the content. Blogs, sites like Instagram, FB, Pintrest, etc, etc....allows people to share a little or lot of themselves to anyone who cares to follow him or her. BB was not scene as a device to support that consumer trend. They tried to change that, but too late and too slow. Again, that's my 2cents.
    09-21-13 06:32 AM
    Can't afford the data or the phone?

Posted via CB10
    The data, specially here in Middle east the cheaper subscription, the better
    kevinnugent likes this.
    09-21-13 06:34 AM
41 12