I always hear that BlackBerry has this huge user base. Then, why aren't they switching over to BB10? I never liked the older BlackBerry phones but I love Z10. So, I wonder what is keeping these millions of users from getting a better phone.

Maybe BlackBerry can use their inventory creatively to make these people switch - trade, discounts, offers whatever.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 02:11 AM
    Just my opinion, but I think it has something to with BlackBerry users being somewhat of a special breed.....their comfortable with their chosen devices and don't necessarily have to have the next, newest and best thing as soon as it's released.....me excluded of course...SMILE
    Revampd likes this.
    09-21-13 02:17 AM
    I always hear that BlackBerry has this huge user base. Then, why aren't they switching over to BB10? I never liked the older BlackBerry phones but I love Z10. So, I wonder what is keeping these millions of users from getting a better phone.

Maybe BlackBerry can use their inventory creatively to make these people switch - trade, discounts, offers whatever.

Posted via CB10
    BIS is a big part of it. And the data BB10 sucks. A lot of bbos7 users can't afford it.
    09-21-13 02:21 AM
    Pricing and some still prefers the BBOS
    09-21-13 02:23 AM
    BIS is a big part of it. And the data BB10 sucks. A lot of bbos7 users can't afford it.
    Can't afford the data or the phone?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 02:23 AM
    I switched but that was because I was at the end of my Contract. If I had some time to go I would have hung on as don't see why I should pay huge amounts to get out of a contract. Simple case of finance with me.

Posted from my Z10 with CB10.
    09-21-13 02:25 AM
    Pricing and some still prefers the BBOS
    Now that BlackBerry has written off the inventory, maybe Z10 would be cheaper and convince these people to switch?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 02:27 AM
    Can't afford the data or the phone?

Posted via CB10
    Probably both.
    09-21-13 02:27 AM
    I disagree with "can't afford it", in my travels, I've mostly seen professional people using Blackberry devices.....gold collar and white collar individuals....just sayin
    09-21-13 02:29 AM
    I switched but that was because I was at end of Contract. If I had some time to go I would have hung on as don't see why I should pay huge amounts to get out of a contract. Simple case of finance with me

If more of these millions are like you, then we might have a good opportunity for BB10 when their contracts are over. But hopefully BlackBerry will have options when that happens.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 02:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    BBOS provides a better business tool, simplest answer. RIM realized today they need to stop trying to make hip and sexy devices for 17 year olds and focus on their enterprise customers

Posted via CB10 on 10.1.0.4780
    09-21-13 02:35 AM
    I personally think they are not marketing BlackBerry 10 enough, they're not showing off how great a phone it is.I haven't seen one commercial or a hoarding of BlackBerry. Now,they're great we all know that,so why advertise? Because they need it,they need new customers.its all or nothing!

Posted via CB10
    myckle, Spencerdl and CDM76 like this.
    09-21-13 02:38 AM
    I agree. I remember how they marketed the old BlackBerry with U2 and all that, with a catchy tag line...

Posted via CB10
    Aanchal Sethi likes this.
    09-21-13 02:41 AM
    Whoops didn't hit reply to.
    In response to Spencerdl

I'm not convinced nowadays, I see quite a mix of age groups. It's not all business around me. I think a lot of BlackBerry users see it for what it is rather than a fashion accessory or statement. Sure, years ago when the iPhone was in its infancy there was a status of being a BlackBerry user but don't really think that exists now. Are BlackBerry users less impulsive to have the latest gadgets?
    I for one do love technology but I always have to be 100% sure before I dive in and buy a product.

Hardays and Revampd like this.
    09-21-13 02:44 AM
    To switch to a device that doesn't run all the apps, means the apps you did buy are useless, and doesn't look like it will be around next year? I'm not being a troll... that's an honest answer. I've had so many friends that were heavy BB users switch over to Apple and Android in the last 2 months I've lost count. My BBM list is pretty empty these days.
    09-21-13 02:44 AM
    I agree. I remember how they marketed the old BlackBerry with U2 and all that, with a catchy tag line...

Posted via CB10
    Now is definitely the time to do something like that. I'm sure this must've crossed their minds but why aren't they doing it, just breaks me! Not enough funds, I doubt that...even after loss of a billion dollars this quarter.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-21-13 02:45 AM
    This has been my largest complaint. And right behind that they need to get Cdn and USA gov approval to start using these phones asap. Having hundreds of thousands of people using the phones and realizing they are not the old BB anymore would go a LOOOONG way
    Aanchal Sethi likes this.
    09-21-13 02:49 AM
    This has been my largest complaint. And right behind that they need to get Cdn and USA gov approval to start using these phones asap. Having hundreds of thousands of people using the phones and realizing they are not the old BB anymore would go a LOOOONG way

And I hate it when they have this surprised look that the BlackBerry I have is different from the old ones. It only means not enough marketing was done. Now, this.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 02:53 AM
    BBOS provides a better business tool, simplest answer. RIM realized today they need to stop trying to make hip and sexy devices for 17 year olds and focus on their enterprise customers

What is a 'better business tool"? Surely a better tool is what's most comfortable to an individual, and by the looks of it, BlackBerry devices don't come up to par for the majority out there.
    Donvald and helio9965 like this.
    09-21-13 02:57 AM
    What is a 'better business tool"? Surely a better tool is what's most comfortable to an individual, and by the looks of it, BlackBerry devices don't come up to par for the majority out there.
    The simple answer (for me at least, being on a BlackBerry for 10+ yrs now), is the best possible email client while out of the office. That's just my definition though.

Legacy BBOS was the closest thing to Outlook you could have IMO. Keyboard shortcuts, advanced remote searches, filing sent items, etc etc etc...

**edit: and BB10 set us back at least 5 yrs in regards to the functionality I've had on legacy. Again IMHO and for what I use the BlackBerry for.

09-21-13 03:02 AM
    Pricing. In UK definitely.

Fable Publishing: C0012255F
    kevinnugent likes this.
    09-21-13 03:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    Here in the Philippines BlackBerry is still famous especially legacy devices. Prior to the release of Q5 we had swap and swith promo here, where you can trade in your old phone to discount the price on th new BlackBerry. It was a good marketing strategy but still bb10 is not reaching out to the lower-end people, so they choose legacy devices still. I myself is still with a legacy device, but I am so curious about BB10. So pricing is the reason mainly
    kevinnugent and myckle like this.
    09-21-13 03:04 AM
    This is true. If my legacy 9800 didn't die, I would have not purchased this Z10. I'm from the Philippines too.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 03:07 AM
    Yeah alot of people seem to still love their old bb devices so much they don't want to change up! It's good and bad lol
    Revampd likes this.
    09-21-13 03:08 AM
    pricing and marketing...

Sent via Tapatalk 2
    09-21-13 03:16 AM
41 12