I have not posted anything in like 3 years, but I was perusing the news and of course heard about the goings on with BB and quite frankly, I am not surprised which I am sure alot of other people are not either. It's a little sad because I was a hardcore Blackberry user for quite some time but when I switched to Android, I never looked back. I read some of the posts where people are blaming the marketing dept,the CEO, etc. But the truth of the matter is, times are changing and the competition is fierce. BlackBerry will NOT survive with only a small insular group of users. I cant remember the last time I saw someone even using a Blackberry to be honest. In order for BB to survive, they have to reinvent themselves and try to merge into a highly competitive market that is all about Apple and Android and that will never ever change, at least not for a while.

I still think that BB makes quality products but their OS is crippled by a lack of integration as well as the number one thing that consumers want...apps, and lots of them. The only hope for them is to ditch the consumer market and make products for business use like IBM did, make super high quality phones for the Android platform to attract consumers again or close up shop. Those are the only options. They will not survive by putting OS 10 on phones because consumers are either Apple or Android,both of which are light years ahead of BB and OS 10

So who's to blame? I would say blame BB as a whole for not seeing this coming 3 years ago like they should have, and of course the consumers. They are really the ones making the decisions and they have spoken.
    I think alot of BB users are in denial and I can understand that because this is the platform they choose to use, but this the reality of the situation and it cannot be overstated.
    Last edited by Eric Umlauf; 09-24-13 at 02:20 AM.
    09-24-13 01:59 AM
    I have not posted anything in like 3 years

3 years? It says this is your first post.......

We all know who to blame, there's no point in blaming anymore. I am absolutely done with BB...but I still work with BB products.
    09-24-13 03:23 AM
    Who's to blame? According to a certain subset of Crackberry users, its a combination of Apple, a dark cabal made up of (among others) the NSA and the media, and of course the sorry state of humanity at large.

Personally I'd point to Lazaridis and the awful BoD at BBRY, and to a lesser extent Balsillie and a toxic corporate culture.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    09-24-13 03:45 AM
    This is beyond humans now.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    09-24-13 12:30 PM
    3 years? It says this is your first post.......
    Thats because the last time I logged in was during the days with the old crackberry forums circa 2009ish. I forgot my password so I logged in using google+ which I could not do before.
    09-24-13 09:00 PM
    The customer gets what the customer wants. If this is the #1 community for all things blackberry blame the customer. I remember seeing posts like oh the playbook is so much better then the ipad and oh buy blackberry stocks. If the loudest and most vocal thing your hearing ya I love it give me more then ur gonna keep doing what your doing. I'd be posting things like wtf is skype and editors would be posting review/app of the day: national film board of Canada. And it's like wow you guys have some great bb relationships pull some strings and let em know the challenges were having and instead you see garbage articles like buy more stocks or try the National film board of Canada app today.
    09-24-13 09:18 PM