Now that IBM and Apple have solidified their intent on making IOS the defacto business solution of choice, who do you think Blackberry can partner with the defend their marketshare?
    I wonder if Amazon can leveraged in anyway.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 01:35 PM
    The Ford and QNX deal may be surfacing again...

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=947352

It's one source so not saying it's happening but it could happen.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 01:50 PM
    I don't know but John spoke today about some potential partnerships in the pipe. Anyone else catch that? Hopefully Crackberry will post an article soon.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 09:19 PM
    Get a cheap startup but brilliant marketing firm who knows how to
    sell devices and services and turn around a tarnished name.

BBQ10
    07-24-14 09:41 PM
    Microsoft need a lesson in security. Enough said

Z10
    07-24-14 09:45 PM
    Microsoft need a lesson in security. Enough said

Z10
    I would solve to see BlackBerry work with Microsoft as their preferred tablet. I think the Surface line is truly amazing for both business and entertainment. I chuckle at people when they bring in their iPad to take notes during a meeting. It's not even close to how great the Surface Pro is. But just one man's opinion.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 04:17 AM
    I would solve to see BlackBerry work with Microsoft as their preferred tablet. I think the Surface line is truly amazing for both business and entertainment. I chuckle at people when they bring in their iPad to take notes during a meeting. It's not even close to how great the Surface Pro is. But just one man's opinion.

Posted via CB10
    I find iPads showing up in a business environment is kinda laughable, if you have great stuff like the Surface Pro out there. Execs using the same devices as three year olds.

Pasted via CB chen
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    07-25-14 11:38 PM
    I find iPads showing up in a business environment is kinda laughable, if you have great stuff like the Surface Pro out there. Execs using the same devices as three year olds.

Pasted via CB chen
    Because iPads are tools AND toys.

Posted from an ME173X
    07-26-14 12:00 AM
    Because iPads are tools AND toys.

Posted from an ME173X
    Fact is toys sell.

Facts is high tech toys sell even more.

And we all need tools but like to buy toys.

For a partner -

What about another company on the slide who have lost market share to Apple, Google?

Nintendo?
    07-29-14 04:13 PM
    Now that IBM and Apple have solidified their intent on making IOS the defacto business solution of choice, who do you think Blackberry can partner with the defend their marketshare?
    I wonder if Amazon can leveraged in anyway.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think people really understand that clearly what IBM and Apple are teaming up on. Their solution won't work for everybody.

IBM is essentially creating a series of iOS apps that securely connect into business infrastructure. This isn't a bad approach, but it can be somewhat inflexible. For it to work, a business will first need to be running the right infrastructure to begin with, especially database and enterprise apps. For instance, a business might need to be running on IBM's database and application products before they can even consider these new apps.

From what I understand of what they're doing, many (most?) enterprises may have to make significant infrastructure investments before they can even consider these apps.

I do believe in IBM's ability to pull this off, and it's clearly in Apple's best interest to help them in any way they can (I have this nightmare of a secure AS400 terminal session running on an iPad, though I'm sure it won't be that bad).

The bottom line: at least to start, I think the system IBM and Apple are teaming up on will require a lot of adaptation from potential customers. That is not an insignificant barrier.
    igor10000 likes this.
    07-29-14 04:22 PM
    Blackberry seems to be getting kinda chummy with Amazon. If Amazon decides to come out with another phone it would be great if it ran on BB10.
    07-29-14 06:12 PM
    The bottom line: at least to start, I think the system IBM and Apple are teaming up on will require a lot of adaptation from potential customers. That is not an insignificant barrier.
    I'm guessing that the point of the partnership is that businesses they currently use IBM systems will be able to adopt Apple hardware more easily. And who wouldn't want that? "Here's your iPhone and it works great with our current system."
    07-29-14 06:32 PM
    Sony? Phillips? Panasonic? Honeywell? Dyson? SAP? Maybe if I call out enough names I might get lucky and guess one

From my z30
    07-29-14 08:56 PM
    Cisco maybe?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 09:03 PM
    Sierra maybe?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 01:57 AM
    Thalmic Labs.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 01:59 AM
    I'm guessing that the point of the partnership is that businesses they currently use IBM systems will be able to adopt Apple hardware more easily. And who wouldn't want that? "Here's your iPhone and it works great with our current system."
    Not that many companies rely that completely on IBM. I know there's some, but after a while you run out of those customers and have to start adapting apps to other vendors. That's where things get messy and expensive.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    07-30-14 02:03 AM