Where is Thor lately? Obviously with the annoucement that BlackBerry are seeking "Strategic
    Partnerships", Thor and his Executive team are running around trying to secure a partner, or
    at the very least, hopefully trying to find a new marketing team. However we have heard nothing
    from Thor in the last few months concerning the Z30, BB 10.2, any new devices, or future outlooks.
    Any thoughts on what Thor is doing, needs to do, or should be doing. Hopefully he isn't just sitting
    back waiting for that $55 million!
    09-16-13 07:31 AM
    They need to fire Thorsten! Waste of space!

Posted via CB10
    RyanGermann likes this.
    09-16-13 07:32 AM
    "Once you give evil a face, you give the people a target" quote from Iron Man 3 lol

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 07:36 AM
    Man,can't believe how fast this guy went from,Hero to Zero!!
    09-16-13 07:36 AM
    He's probably laying low to avoid questions re strategic partnerships, etc.
    09-16-13 07:37 AM
    You will hear plenty from Thor during BlackBerry's earnings (or lack thereof) call on September 27th, 2013. It also might be the last time you hear from him.
    RyanGermann likes this.
    09-16-13 07:44 AM
    He's in his office... Counting slowly to 55 million.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    09-16-13 07:44 AM
    Where is Thor lately? Obviously with the annoucement that BlackBerry are seeking "Strategic
    Partnerships", Thor and his Executive team are running around trying to secure a partner, or
    at the very least, hopefully trying to find a new marketing team. However we have heard nothing
    from Thor in the last few months concerning the Z30, BB 10.2, any new devices, or future outlooks.
    Any thoughts on what Thor is doing, needs to do, or should be doing. Hopefully he isn't just sitting
    back waiting for that $55 million!
    Thor is probably waiting for whatever is going to happen after the announcement and also waiting to see what his role is or isn't going to be after a buyout or merger if no one chooses to buy. "If it is not necessary to say something, it's necessary not to say it." Best thing for him is stay out of the press when you have nothing to say and anticipate questioning of the final salary clause by everyone - especially critics, media, and future owners. I'm sure the salary clause is being reviewed......under a legal microscope. I still think the Z30 will get launched, but, who knows at this point. I'm sticking with my Z10.
    mathking606 likes this.
    09-16-13 07:48 AM
    I think I heard he was going to be on Dancing With The Stars.
    09-16-13 11:32 AM
    Probably making plans on what to do with his $55 million.

Posted via CB10
    milo53 and phuoc like this.
    09-16-13 11:34 AM
    The PR people finally turned off his phone, filtered his email, and have him doing things to keep him from the press. Unless something has changed, just simply do your job. Stupid gabbing comments get twisted around, best to talk with press announcements.
    09-16-13 11:39 AM
    I have a sneaky suspicion he's gone. I think he handled the whole BB10 launch quite badly and then tried to "paper" over the mess by overly optimistic projections. He clearly missed the US market badly by failing to build and deliver a successful product. I think the Board has either terminated him out right or told him he's not to speak to any outside parties until a new CEO is announced, either by acquisition or by attrition (his).

He certainly has gone from being everywhere to nowhere quite quickly.
    Last edited by EchoTango; 09-17-13 at 08:02 AM.
    09-16-13 01:01 PM
    he's in Malaysia, via corporate Gulfstream, gearing up for the party & checking out the local "talent",,, man, i miss Asia...
    Last edited by SEAWARRIOR; 09-16-13 at 02:11 PM.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-16-13 01:51 PM
    The mighty Thor go to sleep today... thinking about when BBM cross platform coming or not.

Posted via Q10 - Currently running Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1445 Beta
    09-16-13 01:54 PM
    Thor is probably waiting for whatever is going to happen after the announcement and also waiting to see what his role is or isn't going to be after a buyout or merger if no one chooses to buy. "If it is not necessary to say something, it's necessary not to say it." Best thing for him is stay out of the press when you have nothing to say and anticipate questioning of the final salary clause by everyone - especially critics, media, and future owners. I'm sure the salary clause is being reviewed......under a legal microscope. I still think the Z30 will get launched, but, who knows at this point. I'm sticking with my Z10.
    talking ill-advisedly and incorrectly when he has nothing to say has never been a problem for him before. He's still about.

I suspect he is just laying low for now in terms of the public, but I would imagine he's pretty busy in the office. M&A's don't tend leave people bored.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-16-13 03:27 PM
    Where's BB10 for the PlayBook, as per promise!!!!

ZED-10 for the person on the move. OS 10.2.0.1371
    milo53 likes this.
    09-16-13 03:35 PM
    thinking about what's going to happen after he gets his Huge paycheck!
    09-16-13 03:40 PM
    He is probably installing leaks onto his Zed10.
    And getting coffee for the Strategic Alternatives Committee.
    09-16-13 03:41 PM
    He's with Alicia Keys (please don't show this to Swizz Beatz).
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-16-13 03:47 PM
    I have a sneaky suspicion he's gone. I think he handled the whole BB10 launch quite badly and then tried to "paper" over the mess by overly optimistic projections. He clearly missed the US market badly by failing to build and deliver a successful product. I think the Board has either terminated him out right or told him he's not to speak to any outside parties until a new CEO is announced, either by acquisition of by attrition (his).

He certainly has gone from being everywhere to nowhere quite quickly.
    I think you might be right on the money here.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 04:12 PM
    Also very very disappointed in him. Why selling parts?Just spin-offs with powerfull(we need cash) partners we need.
    Use bots,video's,...for marketing. Thorsten must use twitter or crackberry to frighten shorters. Must help investors. We suffered enough. Still believe 1000% in blackberry. Use the cash. Throw with money for apps even more,...
    C'mon Thorsten you can do it
    09-16-13 05:10 PM
    Still blaming the short sellers, eh?
    Why would someone partner with BlackBerry? Wait for the parts to be sold off and take what they want.
    09-16-13 05:55 PM
    So I guess you haven't really added anything of truth or value to the OP's comment...

He is probably installing leaks onto his Zed10.
    And getting coffee for the Strategic Alternatives Committee.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 06:48 PM
    I didn't realize you were in charge of reviewing all comments.
    Oh wait, you're not!

Did you even bother to read the rest of comments in this thread? Or just decide to read mine.

In any event. Who cares where he is. He isn't doing damage by speaking up.
    09-16-13 06:59 PM
    Well we know in BlackBerry's past that their CEO's have announced things not to meet their targets on time. Well the thing that we know that is coming in the coming quarter is BBM cross platform and Z30.

At this point in time, I'd rather Thor just focus on getting things done internally and be on time. His goodwill to the press was quickly dismissed by some of the key outlets so why even bother. There's a PR battle that's already a tough one so I'd rather limit his appearances to when things are actually launched to appear things are being done and accomplished.

So that means he's in the office hopefully to speed up any key decisions for the immediate work such as the Z30 and BBM cross platform while probably talking to their key corporate/government customers to move to BES10 and BB10. Also, juggling the strategic future for options moving forward. All while still streamlining the business in his multi-year transformation plan. I wouldn't want to have his job but he looks like he's up for the task. Good luck to him.

Posted via CB10
    BB_Bmore and mathking606 like this.
    09-16-13 07:01 PM
41 12