I understand the Software push such as IoT and securing all devices and OS's. But he's done some major harm to BlackBerry and he continues to Ignore his Customers and those that are curious about the BB10 Platform that want something other than the likes of Android and iOS.

John Chen Major Mistakes ever since he came on board as CEO of BlackBerry: Not in order of importance. They are all important.

1) Garbage BB10 Hardware MARKETING. Then blames the platform for crap sales.
    2) No High End Full Touch BB10 phone. Yes comes out with a 2011 Spec'ed Leap.
    3) Destroying BB10 Development and screwing all BB10 Dev's. That was Foolish.
    4) Signing up with Amazon for Android Apps. Yes the apps we no longer get that most want.
    5) Releasing the most innovative Smartphone on the Planet with Zero Marketing. i.e.: Passport
    6) Not releasing a 10" BB10 Tablet, the same tablet Government wanted, but were forced to go with iPads due to BBRY's negligence & incompetence
    7) Ignoring the consumer market, which in turn forces the Enterprise to ignore BB10 Hardware. ( Enterprise are Consumers and Visa Versa, people talk)
    8) A lot more, don't get me started.
    nt300, missing_K-W, lift and 40 others like this.
    07-30-15 08:10 PM
    YUP. Agree lol

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 08:31 PM
    I understand the Software push such as IoT and securing all devices and OS's. But he's done some major harm to BlackBerry and he continues to Ignore his Customers and those that are curious about the BB10 Platform that want something other than the likes of Android and iOS.

John Chen Major Mistakes ever since he came on board as CEO of BlackBerry: Not in order of importance. They are all important.

4) Signing up with Amazon for Android Apps. Yes the apps we no longer get that most want.
    5) Releasing the most innovative Smartphone on the Planet with Zero Marketing. i.e.: Passport
    6) Not releasing a 10" BB10 Tablet, the same tablet Government wanted, but were forced to go with iPads due to BBRY's negligence & incompetence
    7) Ignoring the consumer market, which in turn forces the Enterprise to ignore BB10 Hardware. ( Enterprise are Consumers and Visa Versa, people talk)
    Agreed100%!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    nt300 and lift like this.
    07-30-15 08:32 PM
    I also like the idea another poster had on another thread. About having 2 HW divisions, one for Consumers and one for Enterprise. Hold them both to the fire and make them perform. Each doing what it takes to more forward.
    nt300 likes this.
    07-30-15 08:37 PM
    I think it is a tad disingenuous to blame JC for much. Doing so doesn't acknowledge how dire the situation has been LONG before he (or even his predecessor) arrived.

Without pretending to know all the answers, I do believe that the die was cast years ago. Releasing a tablet post-Playbook with the same weak ecosystem for instance... don't know if that would have worked, even for Enterprise.
    07-30-15 08:45 PM
    I agree 100%! However, how do WE mobilize to help BlackBerry?

I like BB10 and I don't want to see if disappear. There's a lot of complaining but no campaigning (no, I'm not related to Jesse Jackson). If BlackBerry had a way that we could upload videos testimonials for viewing on their YouTube channel, I'd do it!

...would you?

The Z10 STL 100-3 on 10.3.1.2708 BlackBerry owners on AT&T Channel C0032C652
    jezy1m3rchant likes this.
    07-30-15 08:53 PM

What you wrote is what I feel. You took the words right out of my mouth

John Chen is a master of saying nothing. All we hear is,"We are working on something" and see no results for us the the prosumer. I say prosumer as much as I dislike the term as I am one. I am a business owner that relies on my Passport to run a mobile only outfit. 99.9% of my business is conducted on my passport minus printing which I use a PC. John Chen has mentioned nothing to me about what he his doing or will be offering me the small business prosumer. I am so frustrated with him that I am furious. Step up and deliver!

It is absolutely pathetic that Chen who is in a better potion than Heins was is selling less BB10 devices. Absolutely pathetic.

No premium all touch is just mind boggling.

No one knows what BB10 is. No marketing or education is killing the platform.

Consumers have no clue.

What's most frightening is that I am now hearing that IT administrators(mostly small/medium scale) aren't even aware of BB10 capabilities. Such as balance etc.

Sent via Passport!
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 08-06-15 at 04:29 AM.
    lift, nt300, jezy1m3rchant and 5 others like this.
    07-30-15 09:32 PM
    I think it is a tad disingenuous to blame JC for much. Doing so doesn't acknowledge how dire the situation has been LONG before he (or even his predecessor) arrived.

Without pretending to know all the answers, I do believe that the die was cast years ago. Releasing a tablet post-Playbook with the same weak ecosystem for instance... don't know if that would have worked, even for Enterprise.
    @&$" runs down hill. You pick up a pile of mess and you claim stake to it. You than are held accountable. He has held his position long enough that he is now held accountable to his user base. He is a master of saying nothing. "We are working on something " isn't cutting it any longer. Time to step up and deliver.

When a leader of a nation steps in with a term of 4-5 years he/she is expected to shift the tide of a nation. Chen has been in for 21 months now. He is expected to start delivering results and have something to show for it.

Sent via Passport!
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 07-30-15 at 10:35 PM.
    07-30-15 09:49 PM
    @&$" runs down hill. You pick up a pile of mess and you claim stake to it. You than are held accountable. He has held his position long enough that he is now held accountable to his user base. He is a master of saying nothing. "We are working on something " isn't cutting it any longer. Time to step up and deliver.

When a leader of a nation steps in with a term of 4-5 years he/she is expected to shift the tide of a nation. Chen has been in for 20 months now. He is expected to start delivering results and have something to show for it.

Sent via Passport!
    I hear ya... and don't completely disagree.

Still, I tend to believe that the ecosystem battle was lost a long time ago, and unfortunately, the ecosystem battle is the only one that truly matters.

I also believe that since that battle was ceded, and that BBRY is not as diversified, where we are was only a matter of time. Again, these issues predated Thor.

This is why other great OSes backed by bigger pockets have struggled, and there is no amount of advertising that fixes that problem.

I also have begun to believe that JC was brought on board by the powers that be to do one job, and he's doing his due diligence in taking BBRY to the one place the board sees fit to go.
    07-30-15 10:37 PM
    Yes, the full extent of the underlying major drama wasn't immediately apparent when Thor got started, now after the failed / abandoned consumer attempts, we're seeing the full extent...

Now, it's time to re-evaluate and adjust strategy. All hope is not lost. Hope we see a re-entry into the consumer space of some sort once software picks up and hardware is solidified (on a lower, sustainable level), even prosumers, enterprise folk and CXOs have a life outside of work...

:-D

�   BB10 -- Finger flickin' good... in any form factor!   �
    anon(4067838) and nt300 like this.
    07-31-15 12:29 AM
    - Tablet is needed.

- iPad with Blend works, but imagine what a full BB10 device could do... :-)
    - Agreed, Passport should have been marketed on a bigger scale, now it has lost momentum

:-|

Zlider and/ or Android to the rescue?

07-31-15 12:32 AM
    Love this thread. It's like they went out of their way to find a CEO who will kill the company faster than any other CEO.

He is going to screw us all.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2339 / T-Mobile USA
    trsbbs and Batibreaker like this.
    07-31-15 12:36 AM

9) Destroying carrier relations (aka Tmo temper tantrum)
    10) Purposefully and willfully choosing NOT to tell folks about Passport, BB10.3.2, XBBM finally being reliable, BBM Meetings, BlackBerry Blend
    11) Not being honest with shareholders
    12) Lying (aka standing before the world showing original Passport and spewing it would be offered by AT&T when he knew it wasn't the case)
    13) Arrogance...

Posted via CB10
    gnirkatto, nt300 and trsbbs like this.
    07-31-15 01:15 AM
    He should start talking consumer!

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 01:27 AM
    I actually don't think these are bad. What I think is bad FUTURE decision is to let BlackBerry 10 die slow, instead selling it with assets to interested third party. All sighs point to this direction. This would be clear breach o the fiduciary duty, as BlackBerry 10 could fetch significant money now from Chinese or Korean companies, being one of 4 mature mobile OSes existing.

Posted via CB10
    Allanon89 and nt300 like this.
    07-31-15 01:37 AM
    Remember the 50% chance BB had to survive when Chen took over and he later boosted that to 80%,remember he said that he needed to sell 10 million devices a year to make money in the handset biz,remember the $100 million he projected for BBM,remember the launch of the passport..everybody loves a comeback..remember the last ER when he chocked,I wonder where that % of succeeding now stands? Unfortunately we don't know.
    sentimentGX4 and lech31 like this.
    07-31-15 04:07 AM
    Remember the 50% chance BB had to survive when Chen took over and he later boosted that to 80%,remember he said that he needed to sell 10 million devices a year to make money in the handset biz,remember the $100 million he projected for BBM,remember the launch of the passport..everybody loves a comeback..remember the last ER when he chocked,I wonder where that % of succeeding now stands? Unfortunately we don't know.
    He didn't expect the hardware sales to break away that quickly... :-(

With lack of marketing. Mmmhhh, what a hundred million $ could have done for the brand when the Passport launched. Missed opportunity...

Go, try again with the Zlider.....!! :-D

Unfortunately, the gap between the awesomeness of BB10 and the two main competitor OSes is slowly shrinking, now that iOS has some sort of swype keyboard, and better notifications. When the Passport launched, I think the awesomeness gap was at an all-time high in favor of BBRY, with the Bendgate / iBrick drama and lacklustre SG5 at the time...

*ponder* :-)))

crackberry_geek likes this.
    07-31-15 05:37 AM
    i have a small take on this issue as well. look at the horsepower of the blackberry passport and the efficiency of the Blackberry10 Os. Not even a small marketing effort for the people out there to know what BB10 is all about. Well if you don't consumers out there know about your product, no one is really going to do that for you and hence, competitors will capitalise on that weakness and even make their way with mediocre handsets. Now the issue of native apps. i moved from android to windows phone 8.1 back and when windowsphone didn't have a native Instragram app yet.. i don't know how windowsphone users managed to pull the stunts and eventually got a native IG app even though it might have been slightly mediocre to what was being offered on the platforms. My point is that, if Blackberry 10 had all the major apps in their native form, it could have still be marketed as business phone and which could still take care of your app need whatever be the case. at least we are thankful for the android runtime which came to soften things up, but BB needs to get their act right. i fear enterprise users might even be looking at other powerful offerings from the competition because that is what they will be used to seeing and hearing.
    07-31-15 06:28 AM
    Well... If one could change the past..... they should have really done something in marketing. Marketing is the one thing you can't ignore if you want to sell something. Associate a whole feeling with blackberry. That's exactly what all the big brands like Coca Cola, Apple, etc. are doing. And they succeed. Good marketing campaign and some money to push app development would have payed back so much....

Well maybe BB's next "device" is a flying DeLorean with a QNX base flux-capacitor to go back in time and change some things....
    07-31-15 06:36 AM
    Fully agree with many posters. The main issue is the lack in Marketing. Especially when people view BlackBerry as BB7 and not as BB10. That is a true issue for this company.
    What a bit of strategic marketing would have done. Though I would have liked to also see a Full Touch BB10 Passport and/or Z50 high end phone. Doing so with the right marketing push would have pushed sales beyond 2.5M per Quarter.

Those sales would have attracted new BB10 Native Development.

It's still not too late. Yes release 2 BB10 devices per year. One with a Physical Keyboard and one full touch. Both HIGH END.
    And Release a 3rd "Unique" BB10 phone that's full of Innovation (Think Passport) 1 to 2 times per year.

But in the end BB10 needs Bloody Marketing. Don't have to be excessive but GOOD Marketing that shows off what BB10 is capable of and why BB10 is so much better than Android and iOS.

Ignore the Consumer device market and see the software business fail.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 07:33 AM
    His job was to come in and try to stop the bleeding and turn profit for share holders...doesn't matter if it's hardware or software the share holders don't care...I believe releasing high end phones that would not sell just because a few old Crack berry fans want them would have been death in months....i believe he is slowing turning company around for shareholders...be real folks no one can topple iPhone with the release of a single high end touch especially with poor ecosystem that was in place long before Chen....if the z10 or z30 with bb10 had been released as answer to iPhone instead of the storm
    ..things would be different cause they still had market share
    07-31-15 07:44 AM
    What you can do if most of Canadians don't buy BB10? Is BB10 unknown for Canadians? Chen's job is saving the company first and reducing/optimizing BB10 phone production is the first thing he can do.
    07-31-15 07:49 AM
    Good lord. What a bunch of crybabies in here. No the magical high end all touch wouldn't have done much. Do you know how many high end all touch phones already exist in the market? Marketing isn't the answer to everything either. Remember the fire phone? Yeah it had plenty of marketing behind it and where is it now?

The future of blackberry hardware is 1 or 2 devices a year that are unique and differentiated from others. If that fits you stay around. If not move on.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by matt4pack; 07-31-15 at 08:19 AM.
    07-31-15 07:56 AM
    Wow the OP put the 'bait' out there and... 'hook, line, and sinker'
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-31-15 08:23 AM
    Please don't compare the crappy Fire Phone with any BB device. At least here in Germany it's only 3/5 stars on Amazon. BB devices tend to have 4 to 5 stars Fire Phone has functions the majority would never use. No benefits of OS10 and no Play Services... So... Who again should buy this device?

If the device itself is rubbish you can't sell it even with the best marketing. But in the case of BB its different. Nobody knows about Blackberry still producing devices. And if someone does, he has no clue about OS10...
    07-31-15 08:23 AM
259 123 ...