For those of you who live in NA? What's the BlackBerry marketshare/mindshare like? Do you see others with BB10 devices out and about?

Here in Singapore/Malaysia and Australia, it's almost impossible to spot any BlackBerry 10 devices. Quite sad, and I fear for the future of BlackBerry.

Do chime in.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 05:07 AM
    In the last 3-5 years, I have literally seen ZERO. Everywhere I go I try to get the name out there, I am basically a walking advertisement. I am a business owner and very often my customers will make remarks to me like "Oh wow, a BlackBerry? You still use that?" and I'll explain to them how my entire company and employees are all given BlackBerry devices because of how it keeps us all connected and secure. The customers seem impressed at how I describe it, but then still smirk like my company is in the past. I wait till the day I see another BlackBerry 10 device, but I've learned to not hold my breath sadly.
    04-15-15 05:30 AM
    It's probably worth noting the difference between Canada and the U.S. in terms of North American sentiment toward BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 07:47 AM
    The future of Blackberry has been shaky since 2007 (year of iPhone release). During the months leading up to January 30th of 2013, BlackBerry 10 was hyped so much that it would be the savior of the company, the last and best hope for relevance. I even bought a Z10 just to experience BB 10 and later Z30. I have not seen another BB 10 device where I live and once in a blue moon I saw someone typing on legacy BBOS device. On the positive note however, BlackBerry has stayed alive much longer than any other company associated with death that I know of.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    asublimeday likes this.
    04-15-15 08:41 AM
    This is like asking Hiroshima what the situation is like for living things after the bombing. The BB "nuclear meltdown" occurred in the US. It is a wasteland here.
    asublimeday likes this.
    04-15-15 08:44 AM
    I'm surprised to read that it's as bleak in the US as it is in Asia/Australia. I wonder how long BlackBerry can keep this up - thankfully they are trying to generate alternative sources of income instead of relying on phone sales, which, from what I understand, are minuscule at best.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 09:27 AM
    About three years ago when my trusty flip phone finally died, I finally decided to take the plunge and get a smart phone. But if I was going to do this I was going to do this right and I spent about 3 months researching the various choices available, which included taking note of other peoples cell phones and when appropriate asking them about their choice. Even though I made my decision a while ago I still notice just what type of phones people use. And in the last two years I have only seen one Blackberry 10 and probably about a dozen legacy Blackberry’s in the wild. And this comes from Canada, Edmonton, Alberta. I think that this is more than a little sad, this being a Canadian company and all.
    04-15-15 10:02 AM
    About three years ago when my trusty flip phone finally died, I finally decided to take the plunge and get a smart phone. But if I was going to do this I was going to do this right and I spent about 3 months researching the various choices available, which included taking note of other peoples cell phones and when appropriate asking them about their choice. Even though I made my decision a while ago I still notice just what type of phones people use. And in the last two years I have only seen one Blackberry 10 and probably about a dozen legacy Blackberry�s in the wild. And this comes from Canada, Edmonton, Alberta. I think that this is more than a little sad, this being a Canadian company and all.
    That's interesting. I'm my own immediate circle BlackBerry dominates. At work,our IT head has been anti BlackBerry since they came out. Yet in my department BlackBerry dominates followed my Samsung and then iPhone. One staff has an iPhone and wants to switch to BlackBerry.

Our tally:

About 10 BlackBerry
    7 samsung
    5 iPhone.

BB Proud
    syclone1978 likes this.
    04-15-15 10:11 AM
    Hi Sonicpix -Quick question; where are you located? Edmonton as well?
    04-15-15 10:16 AM
    North American carriers and press generally don't care much for BB. The rest of the world has some diffent thoughts in many cases.
    04-15-15 10:29 AM
    I'm in the Bay Area of California, and I'm in San Francisco at least a few times a month, usually taking the commuter train (BART). My "primary" job is installing Audio/Video and networking systems, mostly higher-end, and so I'm in the homes of relatively wealthy people all the time. I am also a Mobile DJ, and so I entertain at parties almost every weekend, with typically 100-200 people from all over gathering together. I see a LOT of phones.

On BART and in SF, it's about 60:40 Android:iOS, with a rare WinPhone and increasingly rare BBOS (2 years ago, BBOS phones were all over). It's about the same with DJ gigs - I see more flip phones than BBOS, and no BB10. My high-end (wealthy) AV customers are about 90% iOS, which I mostly attribute to brand image (their houses are full of Apple products). Many of them have work-issued iPhones or iPads.

Since the launch of BB10, I've seen only a single Z10 in the wild, and have repaired 2 BB10 phones (a Z10 and a corporate-issued Q10), compared to several hundred iPhones and many Android phones.

Granted, this is the "home of tech" and the homes of both Apple and Google, but even when I've traveled to Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Austin, or New Orleans, the roughly 60:40 Android:iOS split seems to hold, with slight variations of course. BB10 virtually doesn't exist.

I suspect if you survey folks around the Washington D.C. area, or maybe NYC or Boston, you'd find a lot more BB10 support, as these areas tend to be more conservative and traditional and many deal with the government directly, but otherwise, if someone is using a BB10 device in the US, they're probably also on CB, because they're a hardcore BB fan, not a casual consumer - and there aren't that many left here in the US.
    04-15-15 11:21 AM
    Here in WA St., I have yet to see another BB10 device in over 2 yrs. Heck, when traveling in Canada, I have yet to see a BB10 device.
    04-15-15 11:32 AM
    BlackBerry's position in North America?

Laying down for a nap on the 401 in a blizzard.

They are bound to be run over by someone doing a buck forty, most probably a transport with a big Samsung or Apple ad on it that will keep on trucking, totally unaware of what they ran over.

Posted via CB10
    Troy Tiscareno and TGR1 like this.
    04-15-15 03:28 PM
    I live in Philadelphia and travel often to the surrounding cities. At work, we have a few bbos berries left. They're trying to migrate to all iPhones while their non managers using byod.

The only bb10 I saw was a classic on the subway. I haven't seen anything else over a 2 year period. I'm sure nyc has some blackberry fans but I don't travel out in public there often.
    04-15-15 03:41 PM
    Doesn't look particularly good. Oh dear.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 06:44 PM
    edwinsberry likes this.
    04-15-15 07:32 PM
    I've seen 4-5 in the wild over the past three years. Terrible.
    04-15-15 07:54 PM
    Here in Calgary/Canada I saw about 6 people with Berries last week. Mixture of z10, classic, passport and bolds.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 09:28 PM
    Yesterday Afternoon,
    2 x Q10 in a local Starbucks
    Q10 & Q5 in a Mucho Burrito.

Toronto, ON. Canada
    syclone1978 likes this.
    04-17-15 06:43 AM
    I live in Philadelphia and travel often to the surrounding cities. At work, we have a few bbos berries left. They're trying to migrate to all iPhones while their non managers using byod.

The only bb10 I saw was a classic on the subway. I haven't seen anything else over a 2 year period. I'm sure nyc has some blackberry fans but I don't travel out in public there often.
    I find this comment interesting. Because its not as if you are actually looking for what devices people use right? For those 2 years in a none stop manner. LOL
    04-17-15 06:44 AM
    I find this comment interesting. Because its not as if you are actually looking for what devices people use right? For those 2 years in a none stop manner. LOL
    No. They're so easy to spot when everyone else has a galaxy or iPhone. It's just not popular anymore.
    04-17-15 08:49 AM
    Yesterday while waiting for a flight I noticed a young guy (maybe 20) in line ahead of me with a Passport. I showed him mine, asked him if he liked it and he said he loved it. My wife also had her Passport out so there were 3 in close proximity. Then, as we were all chatting about the Passport an older man (maybe about 60) standing directly behind me whips out his z10 and asks "So do you think it's time for me to update mine? ". We all had a chuckle about that. Mind you, this all occurred at Toronto City airport, so we were in BlackBerry country, relatively speaking.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe and syclone1978 like this.
    04-17-15 09:53 AM
    Here in eastern Canada, I've sold quite a few passport's and classics on the telus network. It's not a strong presence but it definitely is heart warming to see people come in and buy them.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 03:01 PM
    BlackBerry is actually holding its own in Canada now that the devices are cheaper. High end (iPhone and Galaxy) sells extremely well here while the other manufacturers scrap for what's left.
    NtotheK likes this.
    04-17-15 10:21 PM
    The last business BB users that I know are using 9XXX devices and are slated to migrate to iPhones in the next couple of months. They'll probably get iPhone 5c's or migrate to some Android variant. They're whining about migrating but none of them want to migrate to a BB10 device. They say the Passport is shaped too strange, and BB10's interface is too different. So in their mind that kills the Classic. Of course, their opinions hardly count because the carriers are making such sweet deals with iPhones and Android devices that the bean counters are driving the migration.

As for seeing BB devices in the wild, nah; at least not in the Seattle metropolitan area. (Well, there's mine but, you know).
    04-19-15 07:55 PM
96 123 ...