Can't/won't the money be used to pay the debts?
    As Bla1ze mentioned 2 months ago that BlackBerry is still in debt ($605 million in debt)
    04-16-17 05:38 PM
    Most of your $814.20 will go TCL who makes and sells the KEYone. Only a small undisclosed amount will be paid by TCL to BlackBerry according to the terms of their licensing agreement.
    04-16-17 07:54 PM
    If you are referring to the arbitration settlement with Qualcomm, then BlackBerry will probably spend much of that on acquisitions.

Leverage (debt) is a good thing to have if the interest rate is low. Companies borrow money all the time to increase business. If you can borrow money for 5%, and make 10-20% return on your business activities, the company wins.
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-16-17 08:46 PM
    Can you explain more about acquisitions?
    04-17-17 04:50 AM
    From Chen's interview with Bloomberg after the last earnings report:

"BlackBerry is also getting back into the acquisition game, Chen said. Buying security software tools like file-sharing or emergency notifications was how Chen ramped up revenue growth in the first place. Now he’s looking at the automotive and cybersecurity spaces, he said. The company has $1.7 billion in cash, and doesn’t plan to to use any of it for buybacks or dividends, Chen said."
    04-17-17 07:22 AM
    Acquiring companies that fit well with BlackBerry's existing mobile security products help them expand the customer base for their other products and increase revenue.
    04-17-17 09:02 AM
    04-17-17 09:35 AM
    If they'd just give me the ".2" I could pay off my house... it'd be a rounding error in the grand scheme of things.

I'm here to get girls. Straight up, that's exactly why I'm here.
    PacmanUK1 likes this.
    04-22-17 05:54 AM
    (1) no bonus for any C suits - it is not their earned money, it is hardware blood and sweat.
    (2) zero money for marketing - so far they didn't show any good - throw good money after bad is just bad
    (3) prepare for the future tech, 5G, AR VR or brain chip, what ever - two or three projects at start up scale. warning, don't follow the google mode - it is only one time money, not like google, it got every month search ads income like BB's 5 dollar monthly per handset.
    (4) invest in some promising company as hedge. Or invest in critical components you are going to use (like apple try to invest in Toshiba chip plant), or piece of software. As minor ownership, you might get better deal for supply or future roadmap insight (what in the pipe line for the future). this might be critical for BB since it is no longer has the scale to dictate the standards or suppliers.
    (5) As for debt, I am sure Chen's boss didn't want repayment as yet. He want control... if all the debt got paid out, Chen's seat might in a shaking ground. with Cash Rich of BB, the potential takeover might be happen sooner... might be the plan all along.
    04-22-17 09:52 AM
    I bet I know what they won't do! And that's spend some on advertising and some type of marketing.. Lol. So sad. Nobody around me even knew about the KEYone until they seen my Facebook page.
    05-09-17 10:28 PM
    I bet I know what they won't do! And that's spend some on advertising and some type of marketing.. Lol. So sad. Nobody around me even knew about the KEYone until they seen my Facebook page.
    BB doesn't make the K1 - that's TCL. Of course BB isn't going to spend a bunch of money to advertise a partner-made phone - that's one of the reasons they left the device business and went to a licensing model in the first place.

Of course, I'm sure TCL is pretty pragmatic about the demand for a PKB phone (it isn't all that big), so spending a ton of money to advertise it would be a waste. They'll likely be active on social media and get as many reviews and interviews as possible to get in the press, but don't expect much in advertising spend, as it would eat up the already-thin margins they have on this phone.
    05-10-17 01:03 AM
    If this happened 2/3 years ago can't help but wonder if it would have made a difference to BB10.
    05-10-17 06:57 PM
    buy android. Kill it. Re-Launch BB10

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    05-10-17 07:02 PM
    buy android. Kill it. Re-Launch BB10

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Maybe with $814.2 Trillion
    Xmeatizmurderx and MikeX74 like this.
    05-11-17 12:39 AM
    I don't think it's BlackBerry's job now to advertise hardware
    05-11-17 12:44 AM
    I don't think it's BlackBerry's job now to advertise hardware
    BlackBerry/TCL nobody's doing anything. I understand what your saying but someone needs to be advertising the KEYone. If it wasn't for Crackberry I don't think anyone would know.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-11-17 06:07 AM
    BlackBerry can hire a hardware CEO now... lol
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-11-17 04:17 PM
    BlackBerry/TCL nobody's doing anything. I understand what your saying but someone needs to be advertising the KEYone. If it wasn't for Crackberry I don't think anyone would know.
    They are certainly using Crackberry, and good for Crackberry. But not advertising has been a disaster for BlackBerry. Pennywise and pound foolish.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-17 08:50 PM
    buy 5% of AMD and save other half for new product development (multiple - do not put all eggs in one basket - small consumer footprint stuff, AI improved). AMD Confirms Computex Press Event, Radeon RX Vega GPU And Ryzen Enthusiast CPUs Expected - HotHardware
    05-12-17 09:08 AM
    Maybe with $814.2 Trillion
    ^ Billion would be enough. Buy Apple. Convert OS... ;-P

•   Long live the SPARK! * ... the evil N shall not priv-ail...!!!   •
    05-15-17 02:23 AM