1. Change the UI to reboot the OS experience and regenerate the interest in the OS. (more modern feel)
    2. Discontinue either the Q series or the legacy depending on what phones are preferred by the consumer since one has a definite advantage over the other. IMO, the Q series should be discontinued and the OS be further polished for a qwerty experience with a much smaller learning curve from the Legacy.
    3. Treat the Q /legacy and Z as separate products with different marketing campaigns.
    4. Commit the Q series / legacy to prosumers.
    5. Commit the Z series to consumers and keep pushing to develop the ecosystem.
    6. Develop a tablet as it is essential to complete the ecosystem.
    7. Concentrate on limited markets where it is still strong along with US, since US media pretty much decides the fate of the phones. Discontinue sales in other regions.
    8. Do not make public announcements over any commitments until they are ready with the product. I
    9. nk a deal with Google to have access to the playstore with OTA apk to bar convertors on cost basis.
    10. Implement Jim's idea of SMS 2.0 with BBM partnering with carriers.
    10-07-13 11:28 PM
    IMO, we're past the point where it's possible to save BB's hardware business.
    CairnsRock and Cashgap like this.
    10-08-13 02:16 AM
    IMO, we're past the point where it's possible to save BB's hardware business.
    Shortest & sweetest post by Troy, ever.

And I agree. There could well be nothing to save on BlackBerry's hardware side in 2014. The new ownership or BlackBerry itself may phase it out if it's not making money. Contraction is a real possibility.
    Last edited by birdman_38; 10-08-13 at 03:25 AM.
    Cashgap likes this.
    10-08-13 02:38 AM
    Bull**** man
    10-08-13 03:14 AM
    Assuming they can even produce any more hardware.

In the US/NA... to start...

I'd be happy to see a BlackBerry branded Android device. Give that a shot. Marketed towards consumers and small business users.

Using BBM for Android. All touch using the awesome onscreen BlackBerry 10 keyboard. Basically a Z10 / Z30 form factor.

That's all. Take Android, skin it, build in the hub as an app, the keyboard, and market BBM on Android in the ads. Make it Google Play Store compatible for all the apps.

That's all. Not as secure but consumers don't care about that when buying. Androids good enough.

I've always said Android to me was a worse option than BlackBerry 10 but the market for consumer phones is speaking loudly to the contrary.

Of course now that BlackBerry has essentially exited the consumer business this won't happen. But if this was a skunkworks type project that all of a sudden pushed out a product that would be cool.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    10-08-13 03:31 AM
    Assuming they can even produce any more hardware.

In the US/NA... to start...

I'd be happy to see a BlackBerry branded Android device. Give that a shot. Marketed towards consumers and small business users.

Using BBM for Android. All touch using the awesome onscreen BlackBerry 10 keyboard. Basically a Z10 / Z30 form factor.

That's all. Take Android, skin it, build in the hub as an app, the keyboard, and market BBM on Android in the ads. Make it Google Play Store compatible for all the apps.

That's all. Not as secure but consumers don't care about that when buying. Androids good enough.

I've always said Android to me was a worse option than BlackBerry 10 but the market for consumer phones is speaking loudly to the contrary.

Of course now that BlackBerry has essentially exited the consumer business this won't happen. But if this was a skunkworks type project that all of a sudden pushed out a product that would be cool.
    Agree totally. But I think it would be a lot more complex and costly than we could imagine.
    10-08-13 03:43 AM
    Agree totally. But I think it would be a lot more complex and costly than we could imagine.
    Probably. But the Android player is pretty good. So obviously inside BlackBerry there is a team that is intimately familiar with Android's plumbing already. I mean essentially the Android player in BB10 is a virtual device that other native parts of BB10 are having to interact with. BBM for Android is done. The keyboard in BB10 is SwiftKey wtih some mods -- an Android app.

The hub integration with Android is the only thing that does not exist in some basic form (that we know of).

The pieces are mostly there. And marketing it as THE Android phone that runs BBM could have worked. Couldn't be any worse than what's been tried in the US.

We can dream right?
    10-08-13 04:04 AM
    Probably. But the Android player is pretty good. So obviously inside BlackBerry there is a team that is intimately familiar with Android's plumbing already. I mean essentially the Android player in BB10 is a virtual device that other native parts of BB10 are having to interact with. BBM for Android is done. The keyboard in BB10 is SwiftKey wtih some mods -- an Android app.

The pieces are there. And marketing it as THE Android phone that runs BBM could have worked.

We can dream right?
    That's for sure. And you never know...that could be an intention of the new buyer.
    10-08-13 04:08 AM
    Wow, talk about denial. Haven't you guys read bbry's SEC filing in their own words explaining how they failed in the handset market?

They have lost $1.4B in the handset business and can't stop the bleeding. If you want to see how it ends, have a look at your Playbook. Your phone will still work for a couple of years, software updates will evaporate.

Unless a white knight appears of course. Assuming that white knights like to flog dead horses.
    10-08-13 11:02 PM
    Or, give us all a refund

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    10-09-13 09:57 AM