I have been a fan of BlackBerry since the day i got my ands on Curve 8900 and now looking forward to buy Passport SE. But, looking at the things the way they are now, the future of Blackberry 10 OS/handsets looks bleak. Blackberry PRIV looks to be a very good device and if priced in 600$ should do some good sales. Here's what I wish what Blackberry can do since they have announced they won't be launching more than one smartphone in a year;
    1. Launch of touchscreen & PKB smartphones in alternate years.
    2. Blackberry Passport 2/3:
    I guess the Android edition passport is the 2nd version. With PassPort BlackBerry has got the perfect balance with screen & keyboard. Further enhancements can be made by increasing the screen size between 4.7 to 5" by reducing the bezels, increasing the battery to 4000mah or higher and obviously with better hardware.
    09-27-15 06:40 AM
    I see no value in it for BlackBerry to produce a full slab Android device going forward. They can simply licence their BlackBerry Experience Suite to other vendors.

BlackBerry's value-add is the hardware keyboard.

I do see the potential for a second pkb form-factor going forward though. Perhaps based on something like the Passport.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    dusanvn, DrBoomBotz and undone like this.
    09-27-15 07:08 AM
    I see no value in it for BlackBerry to produce a full slab Android device going forward. They can simply licence their BlackBerry Experience Suite to other vendors.

I do see the potential for a second pkb form-factor going forward though. Perhaps based on something like the Passport.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    An Android-based Classic would be awesome for those who think the Priv and Passport are too large.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 07:35 AM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    I agree that Passport should be the way to go. Unfortunately the Silver edition which is essentially unimproved Passport, and the upcoming Priv which does not pose a 8 cm wide screen, made me skeptical about BlackBerry's vision.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    09-27-15 07:53 AM
    I agree that Passport should be the way to go. Unfortunately the Silver edition which is essentially unimproved Passport, and the upcoming Priv which does not pose a 8 cm wide screen, made me skeptical about BlackBerry's vision.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    They had to work with the compatible Android (and its apps) resolutions is my guess. So the Passport's size is a no-go for a first iteration and a time limit.

Posted via CB10
    dusanvn likes this.
    09-27-15 07:56 AM
    Let's hope closing the doors are not next. Take the upcoming Priv for what it is a new product to boost sales and keep the doors open.
    09-27-15 10:59 AM
    Blackberry PRIV looks to be a very good device and if priced in 600$ should do some good sales.
    I really doubt that BlackBerry can afford to price it that low.
    My WAG is $750.00.
    09-27-15 03:01 PM
    Going Android will certainly benefit BlackBerry in the Enterprise market. On a personal note I would prefer BB10 over an Android. And, i would certainly want an updated version of Passport. The only downside with BlackBerry products is the pricing. Can they benefit from a flash sale with limited numbers along with low price. In India it has been a huge success for Motorola, Lenovo, Xiaomi etc
    09-29-15 08:27 AM
    A Classic with 4" screen.
    09-29-15 08:29 AM
    Yea, even though I respected BlackBerry's decision on Android. But still I found out that BlackBerry 10 has the best productivity features. Everything is well organized.

But we should be grateful as BlackBerry 10 is still here and John Chen said that they will still remained committed to BlackBerry 10 and continue to develop and enhance the OS! Enjoy our BlackBerry 10!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 09:08 AM
    An Android-based Classic would be awesome for those who think the Priv and Passport are too large.

Posted via CB10
    With Passport specs. I wouldn't want a dual-core Android.
    Not in 2015... :-)

  Forget the name, ... Priv it on! :-)  
    09-30-15 08:25 PM
    With Passport specs. I wouldn't want a dual-core Android.
    Not in 2015... :-)

•   Forget the name, ... Priv it on! :-)   •
    Haha needless to say =) I don't see BlackDroid being a success with the current Q10/ Classic specs either.

You should change your name to Prev iso Prem, seems more integrated, just like Google with BlackBerry, mmyesss =)
    10-01-15 06:04 AM