STABILITY.... #1 reason that many enterprise customers are looking at other solutions.

Sure Apps, Compatibility, Form Factors... there are many reasons that different companies chose one platform over another. Many of these other platforms have sales representative visiting large IT departments - BlackBerry doesn't do that anymore. And while no one knows what the future holds... is anyone asking if Apple will sell devices in 12 months? If Microsoft were to buy Good, would you worry that it might be shutdown?

I think Chen has worked very hard to stabilize the company and make it appear like they are in it for the long haul. But the simple truth is, no one really knows until the company can show growth in sales and revenues, along with they are able to make a profit.. And then do this several consecutive quarters.

Just as investors are staying away from BBRY, companies are not wanting to invest into their products and then lose everything either.
    Yes, for large multi-year IT product/service procurements, stability is ONE of the factors but not the only factor for requirements. You need to make business to stay in business so you need to start somewhere. That's why Chen has been traveling the globe himself visiting CEO/CFO/CIOs to ensure that they are balancing the books, showing the strategy and roadmap in products and services, executive/management team.

Can one predict when a company is taken over to be truly incorporated or eliminated from the competition? Microsoft buying Good doesn't guarantee survival for them either. It could just mean killing their product and pushing out their own free MDM solution that is still in its initial stages so it is full of bugs and holes. Just look at how Oracle has pretty much killed hardware/software and services by acquired Sun Microsystems and Stellent and pushed their own inferior products instead.

As part of Chen and his BlackBerry CFO/CIO's jobs, it would be prudent to show their largest shareholders like Fairfax, pension funds, etc. in order to show they have some big financial backing that they can at least be around for those 3-5 year procurement cycles at the minimum.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 11:56 AM
    Another missing enterprise deals. United airlines just announced acquisition of iPhone 6 plus for its flight attendants.
    United Airlines Bringing Apple's iPhone 6 Plus On Board for Flight Attendants -- CHICAGO, Dec. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
    Alright they went with IPhones, it was already in use with delta.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 12:05 AM
    I hear you, but I don't think it's a simple as that. if it were, Windows Phone would be massively entrenched in enterprise and no one would have gotten a foothold due to Windows Mobile before it.
    Government is very slow to move. An agency I contract to is just really starting to roll out the Z10 and Q10. They are just realizing that with a Microsoft Enterprise license, that they have a complete VoIP solution in Microsoft Lync that costs them little extra in gateways to leverage. They like the idea of going to one vendor for resolution. FIPS approval would be needed for handsets, and it would be a little while because again they are slow. But a fully integrated solution is appealing to them. I don't like the eggs in one basket approach but for some reason the government seems too.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 07:33 AM
    Don't think of it as "all eggs is one basket" - think of it as "simplified purchasing, service, administration and usability". That's one of the reasons I think that BlackBerry should be pushing for deep MS Office integration.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 01:16 PM
    I agree. Our internal app store at work now has 8 iOS apps and 2 for Android. The iOS apps are also more fully featured than their Android counterparts. The app gap is becoming a bigger issue in large enterprises. This is something that BB should keep a very close eye on if their enterprise strategy includes BB10.

I work for one the largest companies... Collectively we literally publish hundreds of app titles for all our many brands & business units. And what you described literally describes my company & most other Fortune 100 companies.

We don't bother doing any QA for Android because it's nearly impossible. Fragmentation is getting worse & will only get worse in the future as OEM brands die out & new ones emerge.

Our android apps are literally stripped down versions from iOS & released 8 months to 1 year after iOS. (The delay will only continue to get worse & spread worldwide where iOS even has minuscule presence).

Worse yet: in general, android users are low-engaged users (hardly use their phones) and have low disposable income.

Blackberry users are the opposite of Android users BTW. Blackberry users in general mirror iOS users on quite many factors.

Unfortunately, like most app developers, we removed Blackberry from our mobile roadmap a few years ago & it will probably never be considered again.

I really do hope Blackberry can gain more share. There's a perfect opportunity to re-capture enterprise because Android security & suite of apps - are dismal.
    01-14-15 08:37 PM
    Consistency .
    Stability.
    Security.
    Apps for business and medical.
    Good execution at launch.
    Phones in carrier stores.
    Phones people will actually use.
    Solid cost effective MDM.

BlackBerry hates America!
    01-15-15 10:57 AM
    interesting, but could you clarify from which countries you are from? or what countries are your target users? I mean, could there be a diverging trend between asia, europe and us in terms professional app support os'priority? Also are we talking of internal apps or end user apps? Because for the later, android fragmentation doesn't look an issue: just have to support the issued devices (pb might be the os support though thatbis more consumer grade)

-- spoludo.com
    01-18-15 04:47 AM
32 12