What if BlackBerry refined DTek to allow you to have a much more refined way to push back against various types of cyber security. I mean the real beauty of most BlackBerrys including recent phones is that they give you much more detailed control over the function of the phone. This goes beyond phones though! (And don't say BlackBerry doesn't make phones - I know!). If the function of DTek (or some new app!) Could be refined and made more detailed and user friendly to the individual, this would be a logical extension of what they are about! I'm looking for a deeper function that would allow you to drill down against various types of cyber threats.
    05-18-20 11:15 AM
    What if BlackBerry refined DTek to allow you to have a much more refined way to push back against various types of cyber security. I mean the real beauty of most BlackBerrys including recent phones is that they give you much more detailed control over the function of the phone. This goes beyond phones though! (And don't say BlackBerry doesn't make phones - I know!). If the function of DTek (or some new app!) Could be refined and made more detailed and user friendly to the individual, this would be a logical extension of what they are about! I'm looking for a deeper function that would allow you to drill down against various types of cyber threats.
    Sounds like you want BlackBerry Cylance.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...r.zips.android
    05-18-20 11:47 AM
    Cylance seems to be centred on corporate connections. I am looking for something that works for the individual user with greater detail than DTek.
    05-18-20 02:30 PM
    Cylance seems to be centred on corporate connections.
    Where do you see that?
    05-18-20 04:45 PM
    I get to the point where it says to "click the link between you and your administration". I don't get a link from my administration " ! This is where I think that it needs to be hooked to a bigger system. Ideas!
    Last edited by waldos42; 05-18-20 at 07:55 PM.
    05-18-20 07:21 PM
    Cylance seems to be centred on corporate connections. I am looking for something that works for the individual user with greater detail than DTek.
    Do you have Cylance Mobile Security?
    Or Cylance Mobile Desktop? (corporate)
    05-19-20 04:19 AM
    Cylance Mobile Security - third time installing it on my Key2.
    05-19-20 06:13 AM
    Would be awesome, but antivirus has limit access in android. Android already have permission manager like dtek since marsmallow, and for securing your network you can just simply use trusted vpn services and adtracker blocker.
    05-19-20 06:55 AM
    Would be awesome, but antivirus has limit access in android. Android already have permission manager like dtek since marsmallow, and for securing your network you can just simply use trusted vpn services and adtracker blocker.
    That's the thing, most of Android's built-in security makes it tough for an add on security solution to really do anything on the device. And it's a moving target, as Google's always working to improve Android Security, which is why BlackBerry Android Secure was a GREAT idea back in 2014 when BlackBerry decided to end BB10 and move to Android. But by 2020, it's just not as necessary.
    05-19-20 08:15 AM
    Thanks again! This has been helpful. You should note that Google Chrome does not take external ad blockers. You just have to adjust the options that you are given.
    05-19-20 09:34 AM
    Thanks again! This has been helpful. You should note that Google Chrome does not take external ad blockers. You just have to adjust the options that you are given.
    Use something like Blokada.

Blokada.org
    05-19-20 09:35 AM
    What do you see the role of Cylance Mobile to be. It is not very user friendly. I still have not been able to get it or the dashboard to work on my BlackBerry Key2.
    05-19-20 09:38 AM
    What do you see the role of Cylance Mobile to be. It is not very user friendly. I still have not been able to get it or the dashboard to work on my BlackBerry Key2.
    I don't subscribe myself, but many others have it running.

I'm not sure what you're asking about "role". The description of what it does is above.

You never really stated what additional features you are looking for, and what specific threats you want to protect yourself from.
    05-19-20 09:49 AM
    That's the thing, most of Android's built-in security makes it tough for an add on security solution to really do anything on the device. And it's a moving target, as Google's always working to improve Android Security, which is why BlackBerry Android Secure was a GREAT idea back in 2014 when BlackBerry decided to end BB10 and move to Android. But by 2020, it's just not as necessary.
    By giving android monthly patches, and set 2 years patching support as standard are briliant moves.
    You can use VPN app, it would redirect all your connection to vpn server first before reach the site you're going, no matter what browser you're using. But always make sure to use only trusted vpn provider. Or you can also use other web browser like Tor.
    05-20-20 04:45 AM
    Thanks again! I already have Express VPN. It works well!
    chain13 likes this.
    05-20-20 10:21 AM