There was unforeseen circumstances regarding company BB10 Adoption. It's not how you make it out to be. Saying "No one on the planet". Is speaking in Absolution terms.

Samsung, Windows, Sony and LG were interested in BB10 and in QNX. But market conditions prevented them from from jumping in.
    We are talking about a none North American Market. If 1 of the 4 did go with BB10. You need facts? Go dig them out yourself. I've had coffee with 2 executives from 1 of the above back in the day.

Posted via CB10
    By market conditions, do you perhaps mean, those companies took a close look at how much money BlackBerry was hemorrhaging in 2013, and then, they prevented themselves from jumping in??
    08-10-17 06:17 PM
    There was unforeseen circumstances regarding company BB10 Adoption. It's not how you make it out to be. Saying "No one on the planet". Is speaking in Absolution terms.

Samsung, Windows, Sony and LG were interested in BB10 and in QNX. But market conditions prevented them from from jumping in.
    We are talking about a none North American Market. If 1 of the 4 did go with BB10. You need facts? Go dig them out yourself. I've had coffee with 2 executives from 1 of the above back in the day.

Posted via CB10
    Of course it's market conditions - what else is there? Developers didn't want to touch BB10, consumers didn't want to buy BB10, and institutions weren't interested in BB10. There's your market.

I speak in absolute terms absolutely, as it is 100% accurate.
    08-10-17 06:54 PM
    Of course it's market conditions - what else is there? Developers didn't want to touch BB10, consumers didn't want to buy BB10, and institutions weren't interested in BB10. There's your market.

I speak in absolute terms absolutely, as it is 100% accurate.
    LOL,
    You have no idea what you are talking about. Claiming consumers didn't want BB10 is nonsense. BB10 wasn't marketed enough.
    08-10-17 07:16 PM
    LOL,
    You have no idea what you are talking about. Claiming consumers didn't want BB10 is nonsense. BB10 wasn't marketed enough.
    2013 was 4 years too late, and all the marketing in the world would have been utterly useless.
    08-10-17 07:28 PM
    BlackBerry has offered to licence BB10 since 2013, and no one on the planet has been interested.
    That is not true. Several manufactures were interested last year according to a JC tv interview. Nothing has come of it. Not going to argue that again either. Ofcourse he was tight lipped about details. Or he was not telling the truth. You decide.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    08-18-17 08:21 AM
    That is not true. Several manufactures were interested last year according to a JC tv interview. Nothing has come of it. Not going to argue that again either. Ofcourse he was tight lipped about details. Or he was not telling the truth. You decide.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    Well I guess we could argue about what the threshold for "interested" is, but suffice it to say, as you indicate, nothing has ever come of it.
    app_Developer likes this.
    08-18-17 08:34 AM
    LOL,
    By the time BB had something to market it was over and people had settled on IOS or Android. And more importantly developers had settled on those two platforms. BB10 debuted with a fraction of market share and it fell like a rock.
    10-16-17 11:03 AM
    BB10.3.3 is taking FOREVER, and it's only a minor update. Updating both BB and Android is a huge drain on BlackBerry, and you have to admit BlackBerry 10 is dying fast. Many apps are leaving the BB world and the Android run time is on Jelly Bean. What if they stop updating BB10 after fixing as many bugs as they can, and make Android an optional update? With Nougat multi-screen and Material Design, squared displays are a-OK. Android is the new direction of BlackBerry, but that doesn't mean BB10 devices should be left to die. BBdroid is great IMO and security is only getting better with Nougat.
    How about they just say BB10 is still supported and yet do nothing. It's more cost effective.
    10-16-17 11:18 AM
    By the time BB had something to market it was over and people had settled on IOS or Android. And more importantly developers had settled on those two platforms. BB10 debuted with a fraction of market share and it fell like a rock.
    BlackBerry themselves is to blame for BB10's fumbles. Had it been released 12-18 months earlier with the proper Marketing. And the sizable BB7 market share they did have, it would have been a different scenario today.

The company RIM, made many errors in History. This company was suppose to have been the Mobile Software Hero's. Top of the line hardware quality. Etc.,

Anyhow this back and forth is a broken record. Blackberry managed to take the "BEST" and modern mobile OS (BB10) and screw it up as much as possible. Lol

And JC continued that screw up by ignoring customers and consumers.
    10-16-17 11:32 AM
    Double post
    10-16-17 12:12 PM
    BlackBerry themselves is to blame for BB10's fumbles. Had it been released 12-18 months earlier with the proper Marketing. And the sizable BB7 market share they did have, it would have been a different scenario today.
    I think you meant 4-5 years earlier.
    10-16-17 12:13 PM
    I think you meant 4-5 years earlier.
    Of course 4 years head start on BB10 and the world would be using it.
    I mean 1 to 2 years before BB10 launched would have made the platform succeed. In 2011 BlackBerry had a sizable market share.

http://static4.businessinsider.com/i...april-2011.jpg

http://static2.businessinsider.com/i...march-2011.png
    10-16-17 02:21 PM
    Of course 4 years head start on BB10 and the world would be using it.
    I mean 1 to 2 years before BB10 launched would have made the platform succeed. In 2011 BlackBerry had a sizable market share.

http://static4.businessinsider.com/i...april-2011.jpg

http://static2.businessinsider.com/i...march-2011.png
    Market share in 2011 on a over-extended, technologically dead platform was irrelevant. Having an actual, fully deployed answer to iOS and Android by 2009 was necessary.

And even that may not have been enough, because iPhone had already had a 2 year head start - an eternity in this business.
    Last edited by conite; 10-16-17 at 03:12 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-16-17 02:44 PM

The company RIM, made many errors in History. This company was suppose to have been the Mobile Software Hero's. Top of the line hardware quality. Etc.,

Anyhow this back and forth is a broken record. Blackberry managed to take the "BEST" and modern mobile OS (BB10) and screw it up as much as possible. Lol

And JC continued that screw up by ignoring customers and consumers.
    BB never had the resources to support a new OS. Pure and simple, never.
    10-16-17 02:53 PM
    They had more than enough resources just like how they had resources for BB7.
    10-16-17 09:37 PM
    It takes another level of resources entirely to go toe to toe against Apple and Google - even more monumental when you're playing catch-up. It's not even close to the same thing.
    10-16-17 10:33 PM
    BB7 is/was quite a bit simpler than a modern smartphone OS. The hardware it ran on was also quite a bit simpler than a modern smartphone.

That was a different league back then.
    10-16-17 10:34 PM
    They had resources with BB7 since every user on BB7 generated monthly BIS revenue for BB. As users moved to BB10, revenue went down because each user stopped paying data revenue to BB and that money went to carrier instead.

Even then, BB7 revenue was small compared to Apple iTunes and IOS revenue, Google advertising, data, search revenue and Microsoft OS and software revenue.

BB never had the resources to compete with the big 3. Even though Microsoft had the resources, even they've failed to succeed in Mobile OS market
    10-16-17 11:04 PM
68 123