BlackBerry produced its one of the most best phone so far that has the capabilities to compete with others i.e. the Z30... but in spite of its being competitive, it is lacking of some ingredients to make it thru... namely starts with "marketing"...

The Z30's specs is mediocre in Android standards... only its OS (i.e. BB10) that drives it to its fullest - exactly the same scenario of iPhones... unfortunately, iPhones, even having mediocre specs against Android devices, it has "Apps Store" (a huge ecosystem of aps and games) which literally its best advantage... BlackBerry has to compete with either one of these two advantages i.e. specs or apps... if they will stay in the middle (mediocre specs and limited apps ecosystem) they will end up being the third or the last - since one of them will surely occupy either the first and second... and even though, BlackBerry should realize that both Android and Apple are not stopping as well... they both knew their weaknesses and continually improving them from time to time... that is why iPhones' specs are becoming competitive as denoted by "S" and Android OS constantly bring upgraded and improved... sooner or later, one of them will have both the advantages... BlackBerry should plan one step ahead... and at this moment, they should choose an "arena" where they will have a chance of "surviving" (not even winning) i.e "pricing" - that even Nokia is failing to realize... and the "pricing", not just a couple of cents or bucks, but should be enough to attract masses i.e. starts from lower than middle class earners...

I remember, a decade ago, Samsung did this strategy to compete with Sony (on other electronic devices)... once they devices become available to many users because it is cheaper than Sony, then they start improving it - drastically... and now, they can even compete with the same pricing...

Posted via Z10
    10-18-13 11:58 PM
    Well, I think there is no real game plan until after the November 4th Fairfax buyout deadline. I would love for them to market the crap out of the Z30, but understand why they can't right now. I'm not sure if it's just me, but it feels like there is at least a bit of buzz online for the Z30. It couldn't be a worse time to launch such a great device for BlackBerry. Most of the press keeps pounding the "BlackBerry is Dead" headline. As far as your pricing comments, I'm surprised at some of the low prices being thrown around. Wouldn't it be strange if the Z30 takes off without a launch or any sort of fan fair? You never know in the tech world? I've seen stranger things happen.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 10-19-13 at 01:08 AM.
    10-19-13 12:40 AM
    There are two things killing blackberry 1 thing they can control and 1 thing they, for the most part, can't.
    1) advertising: get out there and show what these phones can do, and get the phones in the hands of celebrities. Get a blackberry in Bieber' hand and Beyonce's hand and every tween girl will want one. Blackberry needs to play on the fact people buy whats popular and in style, once the phone is in these people hands they will realize that it actually is a better phone.
    2)Apps: while I personally, could care less about most apps as long as I have facebook and twitter. The creators of these apps need to create a version for blackberry Really, this is what started blackberry's downfall.
    Breezygirl8 likes this.
    10-19-13 01:00 AM
    concrntrate on blackberry world and support android conversion of famous apps and games.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 01:05 AM
    Well, if marketing was something I could not fix I would redevelop BIS to work as a direct for customer hosted BES solution. I have no idea if BlackBerry is already doing that. The second would be to redesign BlackBerry World online and on device.

To me pricing at this point doesn't make a difference.

Posted via keyboard bearing Q10
    10-19-13 08:29 AM
    Replace BOD and management team with half decent professionals. Move or add HQ to Singapore or KL or Jakarta. Sell like hell.

Jakarta, Indonesia
    10-19-13 10:00 AM
    BlackBerry can't just count on one thing and don't care about the other features, some of the features like camera or apps are just not there yet, BlackBerry must be at least on par with other platforms with the basic stuff, and bring some killer features for the existing customers that will keep us satisfied. So far I have a feeling, that they did a good job with some features, but they still have to run a long way to be where they should be.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 10:08 AM