i carried the original Blackberry. Setup the first version of BIS. Kept a leather holster on my side for years.

When I retired and my company BB went away I bought one for myself. I carried it for about 3 years until I bought a new Android Phone by Samsung. Unstable. Had to root it to do anything. Mine hade a slide keyboard under the touch screen.

From there I succumbed to the IPhone 5, which I still have. I ordered the Passport and think it is wonderful. Unfortunately only CDMA works at my house so I sent it back and will receive a Q10 tomorrow. (Once I experienced the Passport running BB10 there was no going back to IOS).

I never got the whole virtual keyboard models that Blackberry produced. Seemed like a total compromise to me. I think a Blackberry without a keyboard is an imitation of something else.

The Passport and the classic embody the highly functional, highly productive, highly secure devices that Blackberry built an empire on.

I think BB should remain on the path of keyboard only devices. Pure Blackberry. Pure productivity.

There are enough business professionals that are sick of carrying around toys that need reliable, secure communications that BB would build their market back.

My opinion amounts to the same as everyone else's... Just my own selfish preferences. But there are enough phablets and touchscreen only devices to encompass the entire world if laid end to end. But there are only 2 new Blackberry devices that are different than everything else.

Still hopin for a CDMA passport to come on the scene. Q10 to bide time until then.
    02-23-15 04:57 PM
    Glad you are happy with your choices. But i disagree. I will not go back to a keyboard and if BB can't come up with a spectacular replacement for the Z30 in another year or two, i will be off to probably Android. Very sad. But not everyone wants a keyboard anymore. And as for productivity, i can still do circles around someone else on a kb phone.

I think the OS defines the phone and not the kb.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder......

BTW....welcome to CrackBerry!
    trsbbs and lnichols like this.
    02-23-15 05:29 PM
    No argument here. As I said, just my own selfish point of view. But I still think the uniqueness is in the physical interface.

I think they are headed in the right direction. Maybe they will wow me with a new virtualized device that redefines the BB experience. One thing for sure... They have our attention.
    02-24-15 05:49 AM
    The queen has spoken! I totally agree with Jaydee because everyone has different tastes. Heck sometimes I wonder how Apple managed for like 5 years, built a one size fits all phone that so many people bought into. You've heard that BlackBerry? Quickly pump out that Z30 successor called Visa or Xena or anything! If you'll ever switch to Android, don't forget the Crackberry forums and us crack heads .

Glad you are happy with your choices. But i disagree. I will not go back to a keyboard and if BB can't come up with a spectacular replacement for the Z30 in another year or two, i will be off to probably Android. Very sad. But not everyone wants a keyboard anymore. And as for productivity, i can still do circles around someone else on a kb phone.

I think the OS defines the phone and not the kb.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder......

BTW....welcome to CrackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 06:27 AM
    In a previous argument I thought that BlackBerry should put their OS on other manufacturers phones and only focus hardware on keyboard phones. It would save a lot, I reckon.
    02-24-15 06:44 AM
    In a previous argument I thought that BlackBerry should put their OS on other manufacturers phones and only focus hardware on keyboard phones. It would save a lot, I reckon.
    This has merit, but I don't think any manufacturer wants to take that risk on a platform that has such little market share.

BlackBerry is about productivity, and the VKB held up that promise, yes it's on a touchscreen, which to pkb users is counter intuitive, but for the masses who have converted to fulltouch it offers familiarity, paired with the awesome productivity capabilities that only BlackBerry offers.

BlackBerry is for communication, it is not a toy, the same cannot be said, to the same extent, for other smartphones. Sure other smartphones are capable work tools, but they are primarily for personal/leisure use, with the added ability to be productive. BlackBerry is a work and communication tool, with the ability to be used for personal/leisure.

It's all about perspective, and when the masses start to become disenfranchised with the new freemium app of the week, or whatever new animal you can fling at walls. We will see that consumers will finally return to buying devices that suit their needs, and don't rely on you falling for wants because everyone else is doing it.

BB for Life
    ominaxe and anon(1926122) like this.
    02-24-15 06:39 PM
    I think we will have a better idea of what BlackBerry should do once we see the stats on PP and Classics that are sold. It may just happen that the Classic will have the highest number of devices sold during the BB10 Era to date. If that's the case, they I think that's a pretty good area to stay focused on. If touch screen devices still end up holding the greatest percentage of devices sold during this Era, then that may be the direction that BlackBerry needs to go.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 12:13 AM