BlackBerry needs a hot blonde running the company. Yes.

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    Bring in Claire chambers

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-5...re-chambers-38

I am Zeeing things. There I Zed it.
    DS1331 likes this.
    09-14-13 06:11 AM
    RIM/Blackberry has always been a boys only club in terms of their executive. It would be refreshing to see a strong female take the lead. Shake things up a bit.
    The chairman of the board at BlackBerry is a woman

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 03:51 PM
    Marissa Mayer would give blackberry some good press, however she is unproven still. Yahoo got some money from a great investment they made in Alibaba years ago, time will tell if Mayer's subsequent purchasing spree succeeds. stock went up because mayers also started buying back stock with that money...
    09-14-13 04:19 PM
    The chairman of the board at BlackBerry is a woman
    I'm referring to the executive, not the board of directors
    09-14-13 05:28 PM
    I wasn't aware Yahoo was alive. Didn't it die in 2008?

You can pry my BlackBerry from my cold, dead hands.
    I could say the exact same thing about BlackBerry, and that wouldn't feel too good, would it? I don't even use Yahoo except for sports but still...don't be hypocritical.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 11:21 PM
    She thinks BlackBerry's aren't smartphones. But now that I think about it, she's right. They're not smartphones but are rather superphones. I mean what other phone has the raw power of real multitasking? >:/

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80 and Tariq Nasir like this.
    09-15-13 10:44 AM
    She's a hypocrite, she built a space to daycare her kid beside her office, and revoked telework for everyone else, including those with young children.
    More attention needs to be brought to that before eulogising this person. First time I read about this I thought 'wow am I glad I don't work for someone like that'. And people think she's would be good for blackberry just because she is mildly, and I do mean very mildly photogenic? The worlds gone mad.....
    09-16-13 03:31 PM
    More attention needs to be brought to that before eulogising this person. First time I read about this I thought 'wow am I glad I don't work for someone like that'. And people think she's would be good for blackberry just because she is mildly, and I do mean very mildly photogenic? The worlds gone mad.....
    It sounds ugly, but as mentioned earlier, executive perks are NEVER fair.
    09-16-13 03:58 PM
    And people think she's would be good for blackberry just because she is mildly, and I do mean very mildly photogenic? The worlds gone mad.....
    She looks better in person, and at tech conferences where most other people are not even remotely photogenic.
    09-16-13 04:14 PM
    Marissa Mayer looks good. Not sure why people are knocking her. The woman looks good, but that's besides the point.

1. Yahoo! actually does have good outlets. They actually are a good portal to go to for news, sports, weather and things like that.

This is why OEMs like Apple and Samsung have leveraged those assets in their products. Flickr, Yahoo! Weather, and I think the Finance data in iOS comes from Yahoo! as well? I know Samsung uses Yahoo! Finance and News. Blackberry could have been wise to partner with Yahoo! to integrate a number of their products in Blackberry 10: Flickr, News, Weather, and Finance most notably would have been nice to have integrated into the OS. And since they do not have their own PIM, it could have been nice if they had partnered with Yahoo! to integrate theirs with PUSH support (like Samsung did with the GS2) as well.

Yahoo!'s apps are also looking quite nice, both on iOS and Android. They are actually developing quite good design sense.
    ajst222 likes this.
    09-17-13 04:28 PM
    It sounds ugly, but as mentioned earlier, executive perks are NEVER fair.
    indeed, but in this case this isn't about perks specifically - it's about dictating corpororate strategies and allowing personal bias to influence that. Addressing a later posters point, this is the main reason I would 'knock' her, and my earlier point really was that how she looks is and indeed should be completely immaterial. This is business, not show-business, right?
    09-18-13 06:15 AM
    Yahoo can change its logo ten times over, and it still won't make it relevant. I'm still shocked that it surpassed Google in web traffic in July.

What has she really done that's so great?

She has spoken negatively about BlackBerry a couple times, I don't think she'll be looking to turn BlackBerry around anytime soon. Why would she care about them?
    May be people went to yahoo.com just to see its different logos.
    09-18-13 06:22 AM
    I could say the exact same thing about BlackBerry, and that wouldn't feel too good, would it? I don't even use Yahoo except for sports but still...don't be hypocritical.

Posted via CB10
    Ever hear of sarcasm and honestly I don't know anyone who uses Yahoo for anything.
    09-18-13 07:42 AM
    Yahoo needs a mobile partner. Google is competition, and iOS is too locked down, as well as offering competition in some areas too. Blackberry is THE ONLY platform that is agnostic in so many areas (they don't offer first party cloud, email, etc.). Partnerships should be incredible opportunities for BlackBerry. The doors are literally wide open for indies as well.
    beamolite likes this.
    09-19-13 10:14 AM
    May be people went to yahoo.com just to see its different logos.
    Those were broadcast on Tumblr, IIRC.
    09-19-13 04:30 PM
    Yahoo needs a mobile partner. Google is competition, and iOS is too locked down, as well as offering competition in some areas too. Blackberry is THE ONLY platform that is agnostic in so many areas (they don't offer first party cloud, email, etc.). Partnerships should be incredible opportunities for BlackBerry. The doors are literally wide open for indies as well.
    I said this, and BB missed a huge opportunity to partner. Think it's too late. Yahoo!'s new strategy is to be agnostic as well - and launching all their services excellently across all major platforms. I think it's too late to have Yahoo! to themselves...
    09-19-13 04:37 PM
    Ever hear of sarcasm and honestly I don't know anyone who uses Yahoo for anything.
    Obviously it was sarcasm, and my point was that I could say the same sarcastic thing about BlackBerry and people here would get all upset about it but yet have no problem bashing other products. I honestly know absolutely nobody who uses a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ajst222; 09-20-13 at 09:15 AM.
    09-20-13 08:20 AM
    I honestly no absolutely nobody who uses a BlackBerry.
    *know
    09-20-13 09:14 AM
    *know
    Whoops! That's embarrassing since I can't stand when people don't understand basic grammar. I guess that's what I get when I go on CB10 still in a sleepy state as soon as I wake up
    09-20-13 09:18 AM
44 12