The arrogance of BlackBerry years back of not falling in to the "toy" idea is what killed them. They had to be smacked in the head in order to realize that you can do both.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 10:20 AM
    So basically because I have an iPhone, I can't be productive?

Awesome. Got it.
    As a teacher, I'm always thrilled when "the light finally goes on" and someone comes to a point where they understand a concept. I was once like you, I thought I was being productive on my iPhone when in fact I wasn't. But I started reading through the threads on CrackBerry and I realized my iPhone was nothing more than a toy. Now I realize all I did on my iPhone that I thought was productive; manage my personal finances-deposit checks, transfer money, pay credit cards, answer student's & parents of students email, book airline tickets, purchase sports-movie tickets, check traffic before I go out on the road with my driver students, and read professional journals was nothing more than playing. I "got it" and I'm glad you have too.
    09-26-13 11:53 AM
    As a teacher, I'm always thrilled when "the light finally goes on" and someone comes to a point where they understand a concept. I was once like you, I thought I was being productive on my iPhone when in fact I wasn't. But I started reading through the threads on CrackBerry and I realized my iPhone was nothing more than a toy. Now I realize all I did on my iPhone that I thought was productive; manage my personal finances-deposit checks, transfer money, pay credit cards, answer student's & parents of students email, book airline tickets, purchase sports-movie tickets, check traffic before I go out on the road with my driver students, and read professional journals was nothing more than playing. I "got it" and I'm glad you have too.
    Hallelujah! another sinner saved from the hypocrisy and narrow mindedness of Apple.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    09-26-13 03:02 PM
    Hallelujah! another sinner saved from the hypocrisy and narrow mindedness of Apple.
    Lol. Yeah, I don't see how all those business people, doctors, and lawyers I see carrying iPhones or Androids get anything done. . .

On a serious note, if they are going to concentrate on prosumers, they need to figure this out!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Emaderton3; 09-26-13 at 08:13 PM.
    09-26-13 07:33 PM
    I abhor that "tools not toys" phrase. Abhor it. Let that go. Please, BlackBerry folks, that phrase does not help anyone.
    09-26-13 08:12 PM
    So....Me using my iPhone to do my job at work isn't being productive?

Looking up medical codes on an app on my iPhone which in turn saves me time and allows me to get more work done isn't productive?

Paying my truck note on my iPhone when I'm stuck waiting on a train to pass isn't productive?

Looking up symptoms for equine colic using an iOS veterinary app my vet recommended when I'm trying to decide if my horse is sick or not isn't productive?

What exactly is your definition of "productive" then because what you described (bill paying, checking traffic et al) seems productive to me?

So what exactly is productive in your eyes? Numerous battery pulls? Spinning clocks? Frozen screens? Sending emails? BBM? Texting? Charging it?
    09-27-13 08:40 AM

Looking up medical codes on an app on my iPhone which in turn saves me time and allows me to get more work done isn't productive?

Paying my truck note on my iPhone when I'm stuck waiting on a train to pass isn't productive?

Looking up symptoms for equine colic using an iOS veterinary app my vet recommended when I'm trying to decide if my horse is sick or not isn't productive?

What exactly is your definition of "productive" then because what you described (bill paying, checking traffic et al) seems productive to me?

So what exactly is productive in your eyes? Numerous battery pulls? Spinning clocks? Frozen screens? Sending emails? BBM? Texting? Charging it?
    As a big BlackBerry fan, I agree with you. But the battery pulls, spinning clocks, and frozen screens are a thing of the past with OS10. So, if you want to head back to BB, please do!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 09:35 AM
    It's just a phone people.

The information contained in this product / on this site is for information purposes only, and may not apply to your situation. The author, publisher, distributor and provider provide no warranty about the content or accuracy of content enclosed. Information provided is subjective. Keep this in mind when reviewing this guide. Neither the Publisher nor Author shall be liable for any loss of profit or any other commercial damages resulting from use of this guide. All links are for information purposes only and are not warranted for content, accuracy, or any other implied or explicit purpose.
    09-27-13 09:44 AM
    I see business people every day using their "toys" to do WORK in Real Estate, Construction, Design Work, Legal Fields, Medical, Manufaturing....

Whereas their BlackBerry are sitting in a draw because it couldn't and still can't do many of the things a true modern smartphone can do today.

Like it or not Applications have been and always will be tools, yes there are plenty of farting apps and games on iOS and Android. But there are also MANY very powerful application that go way beyond just being a communications device.

And the big problem isn't that BlackBerry can't do these things today.... it that designers, engineer and other tech companies are working on future application, accessories and interfaces that will expand what iOS and Android devices can do in the future. Too be honest, it really seems as if Apple has the upper hand when looking at many different industry applications. Android has the marketshare, but I think that iOS is more uniform and easier to design with.
    I totally agree with the above.

There are however many business phones that are mainly used as phones, texting and e-mail devices. The 9900/9810 was excellent for this group and the Q models are not as good within that limited range of use. Sometimes you just need a hammer and not some sort of combination tool. At the very least the Q should be as useful as the legacy phones.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 09-27-13 at 01:12 PM.
    09-27-13 09:54 AM
    They wouldn't use it because it was the worst slogan they have come up with yet. Its right up there with "Amateur Hour is Over" for the Playbook Campaign.

Its stupid because a Blackberry isn't any more of a tool than any of the other platforms out there right now. Yes it is a tool, but so is iOS, Android, and Windows phone. Anyone that thinks different is stuck in the past and should really apply for a position right now with BB as they will fit right in with the rest of the company's outdated thinking.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-27-13 10:18 AM
    Hey, I think I'd rather have a toy that can be just as good or better tool than have a tool that can't be a toy.
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    09-27-13 10:46 AM
    As a big BlackBerry fan, I agree with you. But the battery pulls, spinning clocks, and frozen screens are a thing of the past with OS10. So, if you want to head back to BB, please do!

Posted via CB10
    Why? None of the apps I need and use are on BBX.

And I don't mean Candy Crush and Angry Birds, either. iOS users do use their phones for stuff other than gaming.
    phylez likes this.
    09-27-13 12:27 PM

And I don't mean Candy Crush and Angry Birds, either. iOS users do use their phones for stuff other than gaming.
    Just trying to be a bit light hearted and not so serious. And I was totally agreeing with you that professionals get things done on iPhones.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 01:10 PM

He was taking the ****.
    09-27-13 04:36 PM

I thought my intended sarcasm came though loud and clear. Guess not since it appears you took my post seriously. Fail on my part.
    TGR1 and Donvald like this.
    09-27-13 11:31 PM
    I'd defy anyone who believes that iOS products are toys to read these articles and look at the picture and then try to justify just where exactly the toy part is. The second article in particular outlines the software and what it provides to the surgeon during surgery. Tools not toys? Try "delusion vs reality".

Dr. iPad: Apple tablet used in liver surgery

Augmented Reality iPad App Guides Surgeons During Tumor Removal

Attachment 205471
    whoaa, now that is impressive
    09-28-13 05:01 AM
    So basically because I have an iPhone, I can't be productive?

Awesome. Got it.
    No I was saying the opposite, people would look at op's commercial and then look at their phone and see how productive they are and wonder what blackberry is talking about with their nonsense tools not toys analogy

Ninja Swyped by my Jiayu G3S via Tapatalk 4
    09-28-13 04:48 PM

Exactly. Personally, I don't like the iPhone. That said, I do have an ipad mini which I enjoy. The reason I stuck with BlackBerry is because I like having a keyboard and on-screen/touch keyboards aren't good enough in my opinion... not yet. That said, I have both the 9900 and Q10 (amongst other BBs) and have to say that the 9900, even with it's faults, is better than BB10. BB10 has the potential, but as of now, BB10 offers little to the power, legacy-user.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 07:33 PM
    I thought my intended sarcasm came though loud and clear. Guess not since it appears you took my post seriously. Fail on my part.
    Yeah it was a fail.
    09-30-13 08:26 AM
    I completely agree. You want BB10 to be consider a productivity tool you need - Skydrive, Lync and OneNote. These are the programs people are using at work and should be able to use on their smartphones. Without these I am left trying to figure out how to swtich from my Z10 which I like but just can't do enough with to an iPhone.
    09-30-13 09:17 AM
45 12