When Chen said that someone needs to make a BlackBerry Bold type phone, maybe it is Jelly that answered the call. BB is done with the phone market, and is focused on software enterprise solutions.

https://crackberry.com/john-chen-wan...900-smartphone

I do not think BB is going to fight this, it is what Chen asked and BB has reposition their aim....according to Chen, the phone market is a dead end.
    shadowcalling likes this.
    08-03-19 02:14 PM
    When Chen said that someone needs to make a BlackBerry Bold type phone, maybe it is Jelly that answered the call. BB is done with the phone market, and is focused on software enterprise solutions.

https://crackberry.com/john-chen-wan...900-smartphone

I do not think BB is going to fight this, it is what Chen asked and BB has reposition their aim....according to Chen, the phone market is a dead end.
    Not at all.

He was referring to a locked-down limited-featured smartphone (or dumbphone+) with a smaller form factor. Something more like the Punkt.

This is the exact opposite of that - a huge, spyware-ridden, non-supported Chinese kickstarter device.
    Bbnivende and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    08-03-19 02:22 PM
    Not at all.

He was referring to a locked-down limited-featured smartphone (or dumbphone+) with a smaller form factor. Something more like the Punkt.

This is the exact opposite of that - a huge, spyware-ridden, non-supported Chinese kickstarter device.
    Then he elaborated more:

"You remember the 9900, the Bold? It fits right in your palm. I think somebody should make that."

The only thing aside from that is whether this will fit in the palm.
    08-03-19 02:26 PM
    Then he elaborated more:

"You remember the 9900, the Bold? It fits right in your palm. I think somebody should make that."

You think the biggest and heaviest phone in recent memory qualifies as a 9900-like device?

He was also discussing this in the context of secured devices - and the Titan is probably the farthest from that too.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-03-19 02:28 PM
    You think the biggest and heaviest phone in recent memory qualifies as a 9900-like device?

He was also discussing this in the context of secured devices - and the Titan is probably the farthest from that too.
    I was originally suggesting they work together with TCL and arrived at a possibility. BB sells or licenses patent rights to Jelly with a contract to produce exclusively with TCL (and the other in India.) BlackBerry has a lot of great patents that they can turn a profit just by licensing them out. I miss the track pad dearly. It was very precise for cursor position among other benefits.

Conite, how do you think someway this can all work out; or very least what can we do to prevent BB patents of never seeing the day of light again?
    08-03-19 02:35 PM
    I was originally suggesting they work together with TCL and arrived at a possibility. BB sells or licenses patent rights to Jelly with a contract to produce exclusively with TCL (and the other in India.) BlackBerry has a lot of great patents that they can turn a profit just by licensing them out. I miss the track pad dearly. It was very precise for cursor position among other benefits.

Conite, how do you think someway this can all work out; or very least what can we do to prevent BB patents of never seeing the day of light again?
    I responded in that thread already. UniHerz has absolutely zero to bring to the table as far as BlackBerry Mobile is concerned.
    08-03-19 02:38 PM
    I'm an optimist which allows me to use the more creative side of the brain.

You seem to be the analytical type. With me, when doors close and lock shut, I look around for what doors can open. Shouldn't this be encouraged; brainstorming ideas??? Rather than knocking them down?

So I always look for possibilities and it is very discouraging for my ideas to be confined to your box.

I do not know for sure what's going on here. And why you are likely the first to reply to my posts as to divert any creativity outside the box into your box.

I like my parachute to be open, not closed --- as a paraphrase Frank Zappa was quoted.

Anything a write about BB here, I get knocked down by those loyal to CB; I am loyal to BlackBerry and would like to see their branding survive in phones.

I question, is CB loyal to BB? It almost seems like you are working in some other parties interest as an astroturfer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing

Which I suspect you would deny. And it would be hard to prove non-the-less, although the forum is scathed with evidence.

Please note, I am criticizing your methods of responding to anything positive about BB to suppress those ideas from developing further. I however am not criticizing you as a human being. I've seen some decent qualities come out of you, when of course it wasn't convenient to bash BB.
    08-03-19 02:58 PM
    I'm an optimist which allows me to use the more creative side of the brain.

You seem to be the analytical type. With me, when doors close and lock shut, I look around for what doors can open. Shouldn't this be encouraged; brainstorming ideas??? Rather than knocking them down?

So I always look for possibilities and it is very discouraging for my ideas to be confined to your box.

I do not know for sure what's going on here. And why you are likely the first to reply to my posts as to divert any creativity outside the box into your box.

I like my parachute to be open, not closed --- as a paraphrase Frank Zappa was quoted.

Anything a write about BB here, I get knocked down by those loyal to CB; I am loyal to BlackBerry and would like to see their branding survive in phones.

I question, is CB loyal to BB? It almost seems like you are working in some other parties interest as an astroturfer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing

Which I suspect you would deny. And it would be hard to prove non-the-less, although the forum is scathed with evidence.

Please note, I am criticizing your methods of responding to anything positive about BB to suppress those ideas from developing further. I however am not criticizing you as a human being. I've seen some decent qualities come out of you, when of course it wasn't convenient to bash BB.
    Most complain that I'm a BlackBerry shill, so your somewhat alarming accusation is rather amusing.

In any case, if you want to discuss or debate the specifics of my posts, then I'm happy to. I've been here a long time, and have heard almost everything. You may say I'm negative, but I can assure you that I'm only being logical and pragmatic.

Others are free to comment if they wish, so I'm shutting down nothing.

If you're just looking for a brainstorming safe-place, then you will be disappointed. If you want real discussion and opinion from real people, then you're in luck.
    Last edited by conite; 08-03-19 at 03:21 PM.
    08-03-19 03:01 PM
    whether this will fit in the palm.
    Maybe the palm of Shaquille O'Neal.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-03-19 09:59 PM

Sorry, I am unable to follow your logic.

Who is “they” and why would TCL work with “they” ?

How could BB licence rights to Jelly if they already licence to TCL?

What or who is Jelly?

Why would TCL need to produce anything with another company?

BlackBerry did not program a trackpad for Android.

What are the patents that will never see the light of day?
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    08-04-19 01:37 AM
    Imagine converting a Bentley into a tank, then swapping the engine with a lawnmower... Just no. Chen would not have asked for that.
    08-04-19 03:29 AM
    ...He was referring to a locked-down limited-featured smartphone (or dumbphone+) with a smaller form factor...
    Doesn't that essentially still exist, in the Q10?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    08-04-19 07:51 AM
    Then he elaborated more:

"You remember the 9900, the Bold? It fits right in your palm. I think somebody should make that."...
    Again, isn't that essentially already the Q10?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    08-04-19 07:52 AM
    Hahaha thank you!

Maybe the palm of Shaquille O'Neal.

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    08-04-19 08:17 AM
    Sorry, I am unable to follow your logic.

Who is “they” and why would TCL work with “they” ?

How could BB licence rights to Jelly if they already licence to TCL?

What or who is Jelly?

Why would TCL need to produce anything with another company?

BlackBerry did not program a trackpad for Android.

What are the patents that will never see the light of day?
    It's not logic, it's wishful thinking with no understanding of how the business world works.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    08-05-19 10:05 AM
    It barely fits in a pocket.
    08-05-19 11:50 AM
    It barely fits in a pocket.
    Not a problem!Is the Titan what John Chen asked for?-big-pocket.jpg
    08-05-19 11:54 AM
    Not a problem!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	big pocket.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	445612
    I bet he takes photos with it too.
    08-05-19 12:19 PM