Are you a diehard BlackBerry fan? I mean, really diehard? Does your blood run black? Do you sneer at the thought of Apple and Android?

Here's how we can all step up and make our voices heard.

1. Get your booty on Twitter. Follow anyone who has anything positive to say about BlackBerry and RT and engage with them. The larger their audience will increase their reach! This is social marketing 101 and we ALL need to participate.

2. Follow BlackBerry on Facebook and like and share their content. Again, it's all about reach and we need amplify their message!

3. Follow and network with anyone related to BlackBerry on LinkedIn. This is the one you probably haven't thought of, but it could possibly be the most important. LinkedIn is the Facebook/Twitter of the business world. You can like and share content there as well.

Now you might be thinking "Facebook is for kids and stay-at-home moms" or "There's nothing interesting on Twitter unless you're into Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga", but you're wrong! It's time to stop being too cool for school and jump in head-first!

That's it! I'm not saying that this will save them, but this will at least give them a fighting chance. Do you want BlackBerry to change the way they're perceived? The time is now for ALL true CrackBerry fans to rise up and truly get behind what we know as the best mobile platform. BlackBerry cannot do this on their own, but maybe we can!

#IRefuseToStayCalm
    08-30-13 09:12 AM
    I'm doing my part by liking your post and I'm loving it since it's intelligent.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 09:36 AM
    The people on here are just a small fraction of blackberry users. You want to use LinkedIn to promote blackberry to businesses? The majority have already made their minds up and blackberry isn't it. Blackberry will never have a sustained trend on Twitter. Facebook? Good luck. The facts are facts. Android is number one in marketshare, iOS is number 2, WP is 3rd and Blackberry is 4. They will serve a niche and never regain their status.
    08-30-13 09:37 AM
    lol if my blood ran black I think id go to a doctor rather than chat on a social platform.

that said though, this is BlackBerrys job, they have 29m followers on facebook and 3m on twitter.

other than the `can you tell what device this is` posts on facebook im yet to see them engage their biggest following sector.
    That's not my fault, its theirs, and its not for me to fix, its for them to fix.
    08-30-13 09:39 AM
    BlackBerry's overhauled marketing department needs another overhaul. They need to steal a great marketing guru away from another company. Entice the best marketing people to join BlackBerry.

They have a great product but it's not selling. I don't think this has too much to do with apps. When Android launched, it didn't have Instagram or other apps for a long time yet people still bought it. It's all about marketing, and their current marketing strategy mostly sucks and their TV ads are confusing and a complete waste of money.
    08-30-13 09:49 AM
    I agree. if you are on this site, you have done your part, if you own the phone and use the service, you have done your part. You cannot love the castle more than the king.
    It really is up to BBRY to get competitive and fix this. Stop playing other folks games, let HTC do that. Invent the new game, like you did back at the start.
    08-30-13 09:50 AM
    You're going to need the cooperation of ALL of CrackBerry to register as even a blip.
    08-30-13 09:53 AM
    The best marketing will not help a company that cannot build what customers want and launch it correctly.

Verizon Z10. Running 10.1.0.4651. Posted via CB10
    Poirots Progeny and cmdr_dan like this.
    08-30-13 09:56 AM
    I have been doing this since Day 1. I keep track of a few hashtag like #BB10 #BBMChannels #teamblackberry etc. I have noticed less postings from regular users on the #BB10 hastag and a lot of Devs using that hastag. There are also 2 or 3 groups on LinkedIn that center on blackberry. The biggest is called BlackBerry user group. Some sideloaded instagram users are trying to get #IGonBB hashtag going so if you post your IG pics to twitter of Facebook, use that hashtag. I would reccomend hashtags for other needed apps. Organize them into a list on Crackberry and everybody try to use them accordingly for Twitter and Facebook. I think crackberry or blackbery should create a Twitter event that is going to wow and get something trending. Maybe not as big as #sharknado but Geez, get something, anything trending.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    08-30-13 10:26 AM
    Yeah...no, I'm not doing any of that. BlackBerry has a very well paid marketing department and if they can't do their job why should you or anyone else NOT employed by BlackBerry.

The logic of these campaigns never ceases to amaze me. We have paid our earned money for devices, service and accessories and NOW we are expected to be BlackBerry evangelists and volunteer marketing staff? Seriously people how in the hell does that make even a whit of sense?
    08-30-13 10:32 AM
    The best marketing will not help a company that cannot build what customers want and launch it correctly.

Verizon Z10. Running 10.1.0.4651. Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry but that is false.
    Implementation is typically more important than the product itself.
    There are many sub-par and essentially useless products on the market (not just in the tech industry) but their still multi-million dollar ideas because implementation has been done well. Business 102 =)

Ex. "Pet Rock" - who the hell is going to buy a rock as a pet? It's not a special rock, it's just a normal rock you find on the side of the road. But the "inventor" is a multi-millionaire; only because of that idea. There are countless situations as such. But yes, the product does matter. But implementation is AS or more important.

Back to topic; I applaud the OP for your continued support and strong conviction.
    I'm sure myself and many others will try our best to support (in my opinion) a great product; the best way we can.

Thanks for bringing attention to this! It will make a difference, even if just a small one.
    08-30-13 10:37 AM
    Agreed...Kevin should write an article on it

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 10:44 AM
    Yeah...no, I'm not doing any of that. BlackBerry has a very well paid marketing department and if they can't do their job why should you or anyone else NOT employed by BlackBerry.

The logic of these campaigns never ceases to amaze me. We have paid our earned money for devices, service and accessories and NOW we are expected to be BlackBerry evangelists and volunteer marketing staff? Seriously people how in the hell does that make even a whit of sense?
    Hilarious how you act like a gun is pointed to your head and YOU must market for blackberry NOW. What the OP is suggesting, is not to replace the blackberry marketing department, but for those that care, step up your game. You have the choice not to participate. I see no issue with anyone who wishes to utilize their own personal social media as They see fit. I for one am proud of the #z10 I use and have no problems letting people in my social media circles know. I would most Definatly like to network with more blackberry users. Your post is funny though, but sometimes you just try too hard to be graceless

mujahid 10 likes this.
    08-30-13 10:48 AM
    Your post is funny though, but sometimes you just try too hard to be graceless
    I see what you did there and +1
    08-30-13 10:51 AM
    The people on here are just a small fraction of blackberry users. You want to use LinkedIn to promote blackberry to businesses? The majority have already made their minds up and blackberry isn't it. Blackberry will never have a sustained trend on Twitter. Facebook? Good luck. The facts are facts. Android is number one in marketshare, iOS is number 2, WP is 3rd and Blackberry is 4. They will serve a niche and never regain their status.
    Never being a very long time, I suggest against using it to predict anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    08-30-13 11:04 AM
    I agree that it's not necessarily up to us to do BB's marketing but on the other hand, social media is a tool anyone can use however they please. I doubt BB will ever be on top again but that doesn't mean we can't help them survive or succeed by throwing a simple shout-out on twitter now & again. I believe there are people going out of there way to actually harm BB on social media sites... hell, Samsung was even found guilty of hiring people to find reviews of other manufacturers phones and leave derogatory comments !! I think the OP has made a great point & it could use some help from Kevin or other staffers on this site to grow some legs.

For whatever reason(s), BB have not capturing the attention of people the way that this OS should have!! We all know it's a great platform & there's nothing wrong with letting people know it. It certainly can't hurt & what better timing than with the release of 10.2!! Many agree that's what should have been released back in January but lets have a second launch! ( For anyone who's thinking it..... I'm very well aware you only have 1 chance to make a first impression ).

#KeepMoving !!
    08-30-13 11:06 AM
    Hilarious how you act like a gun is pointed to your head and YOU must market for blackberry NOW.
    What is even more hilarious is that some of you think this is (a) your responsibility or (b) will make some sort of difference. It isn't, it won't and BlackBerry is in a truly sad state if any part of getting it's brand message out needs cheerleaders from a fan site.

I suspect the obvious pun of the name escapes you...but that's OK, bless your po' little heart
    08-30-13 11:06 AM
    I agree that it's not necessarily up to us to do BB's marketing but on the other hand, social media is a tool anyone can use however they please.
    And that someone should be the very well paid Chief Marketing Officer and his staff. Relying on a group of overly biased fans is not effective marketing, is easily dismissed by those you are trying to reach and at the end of the day becomes an exercise in preaching to the converted.

BlackBerry has a marketing department, a Twitter account, a Facebook (blech!!) page and a presence in almost every other social media venue. It would be infinitely more effective if they did this themselves rather than having it's users feel it is their god sworn duty to take up the mantle. By merely supporting the company by continuing to purchase their products, BlackBerry users have done enough...and no matter how much volunteer marketing they engage in, they will have ZERO effect on whether the company survives or fails
    08-30-13 11:12 AM
    hi all,

as many said, 'hardcore fans' are already doing al that stuff.

i think there should be some 'why i hate blackberry' video going viral (you know the guy). or that kind of publicity in some way.

cheers.
    08-30-13 11:12 AM
    What is even more hilarious is that some of you think this is (a) your responsibility or (b) will make some sort of difference. It isn't, it won't and BlackBerry is in a truly sad state if any part of getting it's brand message out needs cheerleaders from a fan site.
    I suspect the obvious pun of the name escapes you
    (a) In my specific case, it is part of my responsibility.
    But I assume you're referring to the general CB community. Well as a fan site, why not help out? Like others have mentioned, it's a choice and not a responsibility so please don't take what we are saying out of context.
    Don't be negative towards others who are trying to act in what ever way they can to support a company, to whom this site is dedicated to. I'm very surprised that a 'Retired Mod' would act so negatively about a positive initiative from a CB and BB fan.
    (b) On that same note, it will make a difference. It may not "save" Blackberry but it may get a handful of products sold or at the very least, create awareness. Every little bit does make a difference and does contribute in a positive way.

Also not to offend you but . . . Please go back and read Kevin's post about "Trolling", specifically his piece on the (2) goals of this site. My question is, why are encouraging such negativity and pessimism about a positive initiative for Blackberry?
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    08-30-13 11:25 AM
    And that someone should be the very well paid Chief Marketing Officer and his staff. Relying on a group of overly biased fans is not effective marketing, is easily dismissed by those you are trying to reach and at the end of the day becomes an exercise in preaching to the converted.

BlackBerry has a marketing department, a Twitter account, a Facebook (blech!!) page and a presence in almost every other social media venue. It would be infinitely more effective if they did this themselves rather than having it's users feel it is their god sworn duty to take up the mantle. By merely supporting the company by continuing to purchase their products, BlackBerry users have done enough...and no matter how much volunteer marketing they engage in, they will have ZERO effect on whether the company survives or fails
    What's with the 'tude' ?? If I want to promote a product, what better advertising than other people talking about it?? I'm not saying we have to go out there and yell RAH RAH RAH. I'm simply saying that if you post a picture using the hashtag #BB10 or whatever doesn't hurt. Nobody is saying we're taking the marketing department over! Yes you're right, it won't make or break them but the more people see BB on social media the BETTER! Plain and simple. It would be every companies dream to have people mention them positively on social media or the simple fact that they use that product. I agree if it sounds like it's coming from a fanatic, it lessens the effect but a simple #BB10 is effective!
    08-30-13 11:26 AM
    I forgot to mention that in my rebuttal to Mr or Mrs Happy. ?They're an ex MOD! What's with all the grief? Have Samsung hired you??
    08-30-13 11:29 AM
    hi all,

as many said, 'hardcore fans' are already doing al that stuff.

i think there should be some 'why i hate blackberry' video going viral (you know the guy). or that kind of publicity in some way.

cheers.
    What makes you think that the 'why I hate Blackberry' video isn't a hardcore fan? And if something like that does go viral, which some may argue has to a small degree, wouldn't that be making use of social media to promote this product? Unless it goes viral via the WSJ, haha! Just sayin.

Also, what made that 'why i hate Blackberry' video so popular is the fact that it was sincere! It was not a commercial production & that's exactly how something can take off & go viral. If your aim is to simply go viral, the odds are overwhelming that it will not.
    08-30-13 11:34 AM

I suspect the obvious pun of the name escapes you...but that's OK, bless your po' little heart
    No what is hilarious is how hard you are trying to be graceless. I do find it amazing how hard you try to be an ( ; ) on these forums. It is really funny how you feel like you are the center of attention and everyone should take your worthless opinions as gospel. Again, this has nothing to do with blackberry corporate and more about pride. Sorry you lack grace and pride

08-30-13 11:40 AM
    [QUOTE=geoffsdad;9094704 Again, this has nothing to do with blackberry corporate and more about pride.[/QUOTE]

Your pride is derived from the phone you use and the company that manufactures it? Wow!
    Poirots Progeny and BBThemes like this.
    08-30-13 11:46 AM
58 123