Bbry needs to replicate the bb10 front end in a launcher for Android. Then they need to start selling Android phones.

Make them premium phones for consumers and business.

In enterprise, how good would it be to be able to cross sell Android/BB10/BES?

Keep Android stock. Tell enterprises that if they want to get the best security, to go with BB10. If not use the Android solution.

But make the android phone with consumers in mind. Make it beautiful!

Posted via CB10
    Techno-guy and leejayh like this.
    06-18-14 05:27 PM
    You haven't spelled it out explicitly, but I assume you mean cease any future production of BB10 devices and instead only release Android as described in OP?

There's a ton of threads like this already, but I'll leave this one open for now.

No flame war people!
    howarmat likes this.
    06-18-14 06:10 PM
    They now have an agreement with Amazon to put their app store on BB10 officially with 10.3. BlackBerry needs to focus on making BB10 successful in the enterprise. Supporting multiple OS's and having to secure Android (not easy or everyone would be doing it) would simply distract them. They are getting in on the ground floor of the Amazon App Store where people will be developing apps now for a phone, so it should grow. Also did anyone else notice the Fire phone appeared to have some TAT influence with the Parallax like feature? I would imaging their is some cross licensing involved in the backend too.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    mmart8520 and HUD199 like this.
    06-18-14 06:33 PM
    To me that would mean BlackBerry selling out. I wouldn't blame them if it kept the company afloat and everyone kept their job but that would be the day I get an iPhone and call myself a wallhugger and and an isheep loud and proud. F**k android.

And since my concerns are privacy related and my mission is to be google free, I'll get a tizen phone or I might just get a dumb phone and give up mobile computing altogether. I'll use the Internet at home or at work. Rant: off

P.S. Maybe BBOS but im not sure, bb10 spoiled me way too much.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 06:42 PM
    I think BlackBerry should have released a Android device immediately after the Bold 9900/30 instead of getting involved with QNX, but it is a bit late for that now.

At this point, BB10 already sorda feels like a launcher made for Android, and obviously BlackBerry's love affair with Android isn't going any where anytime soon. So they might as well release full-blown Android devices. Keep BlackBerry 7 going for enterprise (it sells far better than BB10 does) and release Android devices for consumers. Couldn't work out much worse than BB10 has so far.
    06-18-14 09:35 PM
    I have no interrest in Android, and I see it as an inferior platform. I used to love it (my first Android device was an HTC Hero), but as time went by, it was quite clear that Google has no interrest in making the experience more secure for its users. Sure, nowdays it has device encryption, and so on, but you can still not control what applications can use. It's all or nothing. :/

Once BlackBerry goes Android, I will go iOS. :P

Sailfish OS would be a better idea in my opinion. It can also run Android applications; it runs all processes as your computer does (full pre-emptive multitasking - no application hibernation or such), etc.
    pystha, thymaster and torco3 like this.
    06-20-14 04:17 AM
    Myself and millions of others have been controlling application permissions on Android since before BlackBerry 10 even existed. Just sayin...
    DS1331, chalx and anon(832122) like this.
    06-20-14 07:12 AM
    Bbry needs to replicate the bb10 front end in a launcher for Android. Then they need to start selling Android phones.

Keep Android stock. Tell enterprises that if they want to get the best security, to go with BB10. If not use the Android solution.

Posted via CB10
    No.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 07:24 AM
    The only reason I use and have used Blackberry is for the OS, all versions. So to OP I say "NO"!!
    06-21-14 04:15 PM
    Again with this... Oy my head hurts.

Posted via CB10
    Loc22, RyanGermann and itzJustMeh like this.
    06-21-14 04:42 PM
    Again with this... Oy my head hurts.

Posted via CB10
    Lol

Posted with my Z10
    06-21-14 04:45 PM
    To me that would mean BlackBerry selling out. I wouldn't blame them if it kept the company afloat and everyone kept their job but that would be the day I get an iPhone and call myself a wallhugger and and an isheep loud and proud. F**k android.

And since my concerns are privacy related and my mission is to be google free, I'll get a tizen phone or I might just get a dumb phone and give up mobile computing altogether. I'll use the Internet at home or at work. Rant: off

P.S. Maybe BBOS but im not sure, bb10 spoiled me way too much.

Posted via CB10

Mate, I got a Nexus 4 running Ubuntu Phone OS beautifully, if you're looking for options. Web browser is more than ok, and apps are coming. No need to give up smartphones, if you don't like Google. I don't like them either, find them a bit creepy.

Also hope to see the Ubuntu desktop feature soon, that allows you hook up your phone with a screen and have the full Ubuntu desktop at your disposal.

Pasted via CB chen
    06-21-14 08:46 PM
    Mate, I got a Nexus 4 running Ubuntu Phone OS beautifully, if you're looking for options. Web browser is more than ok, and apps are coming. No need to give up smartphones, if you don't like Google. I don't like them either, find them a bit creepy.

Also hope to see the Ubuntu desktop feature soon, that allows you hook up your phone with a screen and have the full Ubuntu desktop at your disposal.

Pasted via CB chen
    That is wonderful news my fellow comrade!!! I feeling like buying a Sony phone (my original love before they went android) and testing Ubuntu phone OS. Not dropping BlackBerry at the moment but I'm very interested in the Ubuntu software. I want my pc to dual boot with it and windows xp!

Posted via CB10
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    06-22-14 10:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    The Android market place is already crowded with many players. Only Samsung is making money in the prenium/high end Android market. HTC have already made beautiful Android handsets, so has Sony, but both are losing money. For BlackBerry to enter this market and build an Android handset would be a losing proposition for the company.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    thymaster likes this.
    06-22-14 11:33 AM
    BlackBerry would be better off exiting the hardware business than making an Android phone
    CanuckBB and jmr1015 like this.
    06-22-14 07:00 PM
    HTC have already made beautiful Android handsets, so has Sony, but both are losing money.
    Sony is NOT losing money on smartphones! The division of Sony that smartphones are a part of lost money, but that's because Sony's PC business was also in that division and posted big losses. The smartphone business has been profitable for Sony for a while now.

Sony has dumped their PC division, so there will be no more anchors holding the smartphone group back.
    06-22-14 07:41 PM
    The only reason I use and have used Blackberry is for the OS, all versions. So to OP I say "NO"!!
    Dittos!

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 09:57 PM
    I totally do not want android phones and I absolutely hate the android ported apps. So, no.

Posted via CB10
    Blomsternisse and thymaster like this.
    06-22-14 10:24 PM
    I agree they need to make an android phone.

PS if you are getting an android I highly recommend the Moto X. Amazing flagship phone at a price you can't beat at the perfect size. Screw those giant 5"- 6" phones

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 10:46 PM
    BBC reports that the first phone resulting from the Microsoft-Nokia merger has been announced: the Nokia X2. And foiling everybody's ability to guess what OS it would run on, the answer is Android. But this being Microsoft, do expect some embrace-and-extend — the user interface is similar to the Windows phone. And it is being offered as a way to hook users into its cloud-based services, several of which come pre-installed as apps. Is this the first Linux product being offered by Microsoft?
    06-24-14 12:36 PM
    BBC reports that the first phone resulting from the Microsoft-Nokia merger has been announced: the Nokia X2. And foiling everybody's ability to guess what OS it would run on, the answer is Android. But this being Microsoft, do expect some embrace-and-extend � the user interface is similar to the Windows phone. And it is being offered as a way to hook users into its cloud-based services, several of which come pre-installed as apps. Is this the first Linux product being offered by Microsoft?
    So they are making an Android device to get people to use Microsoft cloud based services? I'm going to go bing more about that. Brb.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 08:35 AM
    Microsoft is so stupid making an android phone that has a widows UI. You're not helping out microsoft by saying android runs it and you're not helping android by saying it's windows UI. If it's anything like the X which is up there with the Facebook phone, it's another **** show

Q10 Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 09:56 PM
    No, every time I've hands on an android phone I just want to throw it in front of the next train, truck, car,...

Envoy�e depuis mon BlackBerry Z30 en utilisant Tapatalk
    thymaster likes this.
    06-26-14 10:23 PM
    Myself and millions of others have been controlling application permissions on Android since before BlackBerry 10 even existed. Just sayin...
    On non-rooted devices? I didn't think so either...
    06-27-14 03:19 AM
    BBC reports that the first phone resulting from the Microsoft-Nokia merger has been announced: the Nokia X2. And foiling everybody's ability to guess what OS it would run on, the answer is Android. But this being Microsoft, do expect some embrace-and-extend � the user interface is similar to the Windows phone. And it is being offered as a way to hook users into its cloud-based services, several of which come pre-installed as apps. Is this the first Linux product being offered by Microsoft?
    Do you think they can follow up their embrace and extend with a juicy "extinguish"?

Google's too big already. Let's see...

Pasted via CB chen
    06-28-14 08:36 PM
254 123 ...