I've made an effort to reach BlackBerry based on forums, my contacts on linkedin who work there, emails to BlackBerry, etc.

It's no longer about wanting to profit my idea, I generally just want to see it happen because I see a shortfall in my fields of telecomm and healthcare.

Here it is: blackberry once developed pager technology. Today, various levels in the healthcare field require messaging to be instantaneous especially for critical applications like in healthcare. We've seen the evolution of communication erode where pager companies are making less and less of them, and more people (dr's, residents, critical application teams, management) are going the way of being contacted on their cell phones instead. This poses a huge problem for us in healthcare telecomm who are trying to reach these people on an urgent basis. Cell phone signals suck in some of these places due to the construction of buildings and the various levels of medical equipment interfering with cell reception. Likewise, battery life is subpar because cell service is hunting around for signals all the time. Likewise, when using pager apps, if you don't have a data connection, you're not receiving pages. There's way more I can explain but this post is already lengthy.

Enter my solution...a mid-tier bb10 (or at this point android) phone, with an embedded pager antenna. Now you can use your cell to call, but separately (and to a different number) you can receive text pages that show up on your phone but received through the pager antenna.

Nothing to date can beat pager frequencies, not even cell service, so instead of carrying two devices, and instead of using your not-so-trusty cell as your method of communication for everything, now you can have both solutions in one device.

Posted via CB10
    mexberry2012 likes this.
    10-30-15 12:48 PM
    According to CEA, the entire pager market was $7 million in 2012, 10,000 units.

It can't be growing.
    10-30-15 01:44 PM
    I've made an effort to reach BlackBerry based on forums, my contacts on linkedin who work there, emails to BlackBerry, etc.

It's no longer about wanting to profit my idea, I generally just want to see it happen because I see a shortfall in my fields of telecomm and healthcare.

Here it is: blackberry once developed pager technology. Today, various levels in the healthcare field require messaging to be instantaneous especially for critical applications like in healthcare. We've seen the evolution of communication erode where pager companies are making less and less of them, and more people (dr's, residents, critical application teams, management) are going the way of being contacted on their cell phones instead. This poses a huge problem for us in healthcare telecomm who are trying to reach these people on an urgent basis. Cell phone signals suck in some of these places due to the construction of buildings and the various levels of medical equipment interfering with cell reception. Likewise, battery life is subpar because cell service is hunting around for signals all the time. Likewise, when using pager apps, if you don't have a data connection, you're not receiving pages. There's way more I can explain but this post is already lengthy.

Enter my solution...a mid-tier bb10 (or at this point android) phone, with an embedded pager antenna. Now you can use your cell to call, but separately (and to a different number) you can receive text pages that show up on your phone but received through the pager antenna.

Nothing to date can beat pager frequencies, not even cell service, so instead of carrying two devices, and instead of using your not-so-trusty cell as your method of communication for everything, now you can have both solutions in one device.

Posted via CB10
    I have witnessed this firsthand. However, at our medical center, 3 of the big 4 US cell companies have placed boosters or additonal access points all over campus including underground.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 02:06 PM
    I have witnessed this firsthand. However, at our medical center, 3 of the big 4 US cell companies have placed boosters or additonal access points all over campus including underground.

Posted via CB10
    Work in healthcare as well. In between the mini cells and WiFi ive never had a problem receiving texts/ pages/ calls in a hospital.

I use a google voice number for business calls. Also on T-Mobile so WiFi ensures full connectivity.

!
    10-30-15 02:26 PM
    The problem isn't receiving texts, it's that staff are using paging apps so that incoming emails are converting into page notifications. We email the user via our communication app, and it gets converted into a page. Problem is the users email, whether one from our employer or through gmail, etc. If email service is down, they won't receive those 'pages' for awhile. At one of our centres (McMaster University Medical Centre, Hamilton, ON), the building is constructed of concrete walls. They have wireless repeaters throughout the building, yet the signals are weak in all the major areas of the hospital due to the concrete walls. Pagers work without issues though for some reason

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 03:05 PM
    I guess it depends on what system is used then. Phone calls seem to have taken over here.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 04:36 PM