Get yet 55 million dollar a** on CrackBerry and listen to by our once loyal can who are now bashing an leaving.

I would hate for this company to die. I really really would. Thor needs to pay attention to this frigging forum and listen.

In sick of all the bad news.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    08-17-13 12:45 PM
    What I don't understand is how he was in any position to negotiate this clause. Was he that much in demand?
    milo53 likes this.
    08-17-13 12:48 PM
    Get yet 55 million dollar a** on CrackBerry and listen to by our once loyal can who are now bashing an leaving.
    I do not understand what you wrote here. Please clarify. Thank you.
    08-17-13 01:13 PM
    Thorsten Heins is still doing a good job in my opinion...let's wait a bit more before starting to judge him hardly.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 01:23 PM
    18 months, terrible flagship product launches, decreasing customer base and company up for sale.

Let's give him more time. Keep moving.
    milo53 and DJM626 like this.
    08-17-13 01:25 PM
    I hate auto correction.
    08-17-13 01:28 PM
    Yeah. Out Thor now. He has done some hard work. But his delivery of it all was just slight of malicious lies. Which he himself knew would never manifest at the rate they have delivered products. I love love love my Z10. I hate to think of not having a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 03:41 PM
    Then why are you bringing up this topic again for the umpteenth time?

If Thor needs to "pay attention" to the forums you should too as this topic has been beaten to death.

I would hate for this company to die. I really really would. Thor needs to pay attention to this frigging forum and listen.

In sick of all the bad news.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    08-17-13 03:45 PM
    ...appears to be the smartest man in BlackBerry. If all the claims the last few days end up being true BlackBerry is done and he's going to retire a wealthy man.
    08-17-13 03:46 PM
    Thorsten Heins is still doing a good job in my opinion...let's wait a bit more before starting to judge him hardly.

Ok I will withhold my judgment long enough to hear exactly in what way you think he's doing a good job. Please, do tell, I could do with a good laugh today.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 04:24 PM
    ...appears to be the smartest man in BlackBerry. If all the claims the last few days end up being true BlackBerry is done and he's going to retire a wealthy man.
    And I think that is it in a nutshell, TH will leave BlackBerry a very wealthy man.
    08-17-13 06:14 PM
    Wow while I'm not a fan of his style I do think he deserves the chance to really do something. Unfortunately a lot of stuff he inherited and plans like this, real turnaround plans, take time to fully go through.

It's easy to hate when you see stuff like this but a lot of CEO's have these clauses, usually for dismissal purposes though.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 07:07 PM
    I posted this in a different thread yesterday but in hindsight think it is more appropriate here. For anyone interested this is how the compensation packages shake out and if I am reading this right it represents a $37 million change to the old agreement. :

If the termination clauses under the respective employment contracts of Messrs. Heins, Bidulka, Zipperstein,
    Boulben and Tear had been triggered on the last day of Fiscal 2013, the value of their entitlements would be as
    follows:

1.) All compensation paid in Canadian dollars was converted to U.S. dollars using the Bank of Canada average rate of USD $1 = CDN
    $0.999 for Fiscal 2013.

2.) In the case of a termination absent a change of control, the equity awards do not accelerate and will continue to vest for (i) a period of
    24 months after termination in the case of Messrs. Heins and Bidulka and (i) a period of 12 months plus one month for each year of
    completed service after termination in the case of Messrs. Zipperstein, Boulben and Tear. In the case of a termination in connection
    with a change of control (as discussed above), all equity awards will accelerate. In both cases, the actual value of the awards depends
    on the fair market value of the Company’s Common Shares at the time of vesting.

3.) Mr. Heins’ termination amounts reflect the value of entitlements under his amended and restated employment agreement dated April
    13, 2013 as though that agreement was in place on the last day of Fiscal 2013. Mr. Heins’ entitlements under his previous agreement
    would have been as follows had they been triggered on the last day of Fiscal 2013: (1) Termination: Base Salary: $2,001,947; Annual
    Incentive: $1,564,021; Benefits: $23,775; Retirement Savings: $48,137; Equity Awards: $11,127,000; Total: $14,764,881; and (2)
    Change of Control: Base Salary: $2,001,947; Annual Incentive: $2,502,434; Benefits: $23,775; Retirement Savings: $48,137; Equity
    Awards: $14,286,012; Total: $18,862,306
    08-18-13 07:31 AM
    Berger King..i will say it again..the most frustrating part is that Dumbo Heins walks away with 50 million dollars after creating this huge mess..!

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 07:26 PM
    Even though I'm happy to be typing this on a phone that Thor helped greatly in providing, I can't help think he really messed BlackBerry up in the long run. So easy to sit on my a$$ and say this stuff, but come on. Was there not a time when he knew production of the Z10 should have been slowed down?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 10:42 PM