I think I would love to see BlackBerry partner with a company that can help create a construction grade BlackBerry 10. Phone. Android did it with Catapiler with the B-15 have BlackBerry 10 power under something basically indestructible.

Posted via CB10
    This is a great idea! I'd love to get something like this. I'm always worries about my phone getting crushed in my pocket at work, so I usually never have it on me which sucks, but I gotta do it to protect it. Plus an otterbox makes it too bulky for my pockets

Posted via CB10
    TheDutch20 likes this.
    01-20-14 08:01 AM
    Agreed the otterbox is bulky to say the least. Good but I don't know about it. Wan something I don't need a case for

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 08:15 AM
    Never understood the point of those phones designed for rugged usage, that's what cases are for ...
    01-20-14 08:36 AM
    Never understood the point of those phones designed for rugged usage, that's what cases are for ...
    Cases can only protect so much, especially when you consider the limited amount of case option for any of the BB10 devices. The Casio G'Zone series offer protection from dust and water (fully submerged), as well as drops.

The Otterbox defender I had trapped dust under the built-in screen protector, offered no protection from water, and made the device much larger than the G'Zone. It was pretty much just for drop protection.
    Haytham Hamad likes this.
    01-20-14 09:01 AM
    Cases can only protect so much, especially when you consider the limited amount of case option for any of the BB10 devices. The Casio G'Zone series offer protection from dust and water (fully submerged), as well as drops.

The Otterbox defender I had trapped dust under the built-in screen protector, offered no protection from water, and made the device much larger than the G'Zone. It was pretty much just for drop protection.
    Don't get me wrong I do understand that there are definitely pros and cons for cases, and heavy duty mobile devices but for me I personally hate using cases and I prefer the phone as is, and I also hate the looks of all rugged devices, and if we are talking about a phone with a touch screen, no matter how rugged the design is the screen will always be exposed and weak.
    01-20-14 10:44 AM
    I completely agree. One of the few things I miss about legacy blackberries, they were almost indestructible. My buddy I work with was on a job site one day and accidentally dropped his 9800 out of a second story window onto concrete. Thing worked just as good as before with a few minor scratches on it
    Haytham Hamad likes this.
    01-20-14 12:24 PM
    I used to own a Curve 9300 and it was a tank sturdy and durable. But now with "super phones " being more and more common you would hope and I would want to see phone manufacturers start thinking that they want "everyone " to have a smart phone you have to fill that need of a construction worthy phone that is as good as the normal consumer phone that everyone wants/ has.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 06:40 PM
    Agreed, dust proof!

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 09:17 AM
    If this were taken seriously, the device would need push to talk

Z10 all they way!
    Tatwi likes this.
    01-22-14 09:18 AM
    If this were taken seriously, the device would need push to talk

Z10 all they way!
    Could put a programmable "convenience key" on the side, at left thumb height, for that. Then it would be open to other uses for those who don't use push to talk.

Magnificently composed using CB10 on my BB Z10!
    01-22-14 09:46 AM
    That's too bad. See I knew there was a market for it, all be it probably a small one but a market none the less.

Posted via CB10
    There is indeed a marker for this... but it's covered by a cover case company. BlackBerry can send them the specifications lend them each of their devices in their product portfolio, and let that case company spend the R&D to develop hardware that is robust along with swallowing up the warranty costs from damage claims against their warranty stance.

This means that BlackBerry ONLY spends the shipping receiving costs of sending and receiving the devices to ONE company!!

Common sense no?!

Waiting for ? BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    01-26-14 08:56 PM
    There is indeed a marker for this... but it's covered by a cover case company. BlackBerry can send them the specifications lend them each of their devices in their product portfolio, and let that case company spend the R&D to develop hardware that is robust along with swallowing up the warranty costs from damage claims against their warranty stance.

This means that BlackBerry ONLY spends the shipping receiving costs of sending and receiving the devices to ONE company!!

Common sense no?!

Waiting for ? BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    This! +100000000000

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    01-29-14 03:39 PM
    Agreed I work in trades and there is a definite market for industrial grade phones. lots of rugby lte phones and I phones mostly broke. My z10 seems fairly rugged but water resistant would really be nice

Posted via CB10
    Dirtymike14 likes this.
    02-12-14 09:17 PM
    I have also used otter box defender but I found it really made my z10 sluggish and bulky.did not like it at all

Posted via CB10
    robk312 likes this.
    02-12-14 09:21 PM
    I think I would love to see BlackBerry partner with a company that can help create a construction grade BlackBerry 10. Phone. Android did it with Catapiler with the B-15 have BlackBerry 10 power under something basically indestructible.

Posted via CB10
    Android did it? Android is an OS. Caterpillar would make those because they're a construction powerhouse. Maybe Caterpillar would team up with BlackBerry, that would be more acceptable and logical (but not financially sound).

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-13-14 03:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Just get an otter box for it they are pretty indestructible.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 05:04 AM
    Just saw the "Telstra Tough" at the shop here in Australia. A rugged feature phone. One of my customers was using one, and he told me about it. He's apparently not the smartphone type.

Telstra "Dave" next to it. An Android phone with a rugged design. Looks like someone put a cheap Sammy in an equally cheap Otterbox knock-off and welded them together with plastic adhesive.

They have several display tables there. Right next to it, around the corner, there's two phones at the head of the table. Our all-time favourites. The Q10 and the Z30.

Why not make that a BlackBerry Tough (not Torch!) or a John, Prem or whatever. I would get one in a hurry.

iPhone for me? Scr... ahem Q that! (posted from the latter)
    TheDutch20 likes this.
    02-13-14 06:24 AM
42 12