Should be Crackberry!
    That's what the edit button is for whenever you want to correct your own posts.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    05-15-20 08:52 PM
    Thanks!
    05-15-20 08:53 PM
    I could also mention scrolling with the physical keyboard. I could hardly pick up another phone and not try to scroll from the keyboard. Let's not forget DTEK and the great help at Cracker - i.e. Bla1ze.
    It's a little late for the marketing presentation. The fat lady has died.
    05-15-20 09:13 PM
    And didn't get a chance to sing.

skinnymike1 likes this.
    05-16-20 08:15 AM
    And didn't get a chance to sing.

Well, she did show up about five years after the show ended. There were a few big fans who lived in the neighborhood that showed up for her then solo performance. Imagine their surprise when it sounded like Axl Rose singing.
    05-17-20 06:54 AM
    I fully expect the demand is going to grow now that things have ended.... but it's still below the threshold that would make BlackBerry any money for development of the software or a major vendor any money on the hardware.

Last three years has pretty well defined the "demand".... only increase will be the few BBOS and BB10 stranglers that finally have to move on (at some point), or the KEYone users that are ready for an upgrade of sorts.

If there really is demand for a PKB phone.... Some one else can make one without BlackBerry's help. Most reviews of the Titan have been pretty good.... other than bulk and weight (and spyware possibilities). Anyone can make a PKB phone, but it hasn't been worth it to anyone to do so.
    Where is the Titan made?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-20 07:35 PM
    Easy! My home screen consists only of the bottom icons. Because it's Blackberry, it's functionality uses the keyboard. Most of my friends (me included) use the 52 shortcuts on the keyboard. This does not work as well with a hepatic keyboard. The Keytwo fits nicely into your hand. The keyboard is fixed at the bottom of the screen. Proportionally, the screen size is much bigger than all other phones compared to the keyboard. I cringe when I look at how much of the screen is taken up by hepatic keyboards. The Hub - this works the best on all BlackBerrys.
    Can only agree but for me it's the Passport!

Posted via CB10
    05-20-20 07:37 PM
    Right - there are so many companies like Titan above, many new surveys on what you would like from a new BlackBerry phone and many, many new BlackBerry blogs. Sure does look like interest in BlackBerry phones is dead!!! Everyone is tired of the same old look alike phones!
    05-20-20 08:26 PM
    Everyone is tired of the same old look alike phones!
    Where were all of these people the last 7 years?

During that time, 9.7 billion slabs were sold compared to around 10-15 million keyboard phones.

That's 0.10% to 0.15% for those interested in the math.
    Last edited by conite; 05-20-20 at 09:37 PM.
    05-20-20 09:23 PM
    Right - there are so many companies like Titan above...
    Really? Like who? I only know of the Titan, and maybe a couple others, but that's it.

...many new surveys on what you would like from a new BlackBerry phone...
    Where? I only know of the one here on these forums.

... and many, many new BlackBerry blogs.
    Can you provide links to these "many" BlackBerry blogs?
    05-20-20 11:44 PM
    Really? Like who? I only know of the Titan, and maybe a couple others, but that's it.

Where? I only know of the one here on these forums.

Can you provide links to these "many" BlackBerry blogs?
    I hope that someone will at least offer additional PKB options... and that they are better than some Chinese startup. Very least maybe Samsung will bring back their PKB case. They are willing to offer niche options like that S20 Tactical Edition - Case with a few software tweaks.

While I do think people are settling in with smartphones as the "norm" and there is a lot less excitement about them in general.... that doesn't mean going backward to a form factor that people moved away from almost a decade ago. It's a tiny niche, and it will remain such....
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    05-21-20 08:39 AM
    09-17-20 08:43 AM
    https://www.techradar.com/news/new-b...coming-in-2021 fat lady is still alive!!!
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    09-17-20 08:45 AM
    That's yet to be seen.... more like her ghost now haunts us.

Onward will have to do something differently to make this a viable product. My guess is it will be less about the hardware and more about the built-in BlackBerry Services. Heck phones might be free... but require a $39.95 monthly fee for the required Secusmart and SPARK solutions.
    09-17-20 09:20 AM
    That's yet to be seen.... more like her ghost now haunts us.

Onward will have to do something differently to make this a viable product. My guess is it will be less about the hardware and more about the built-in BlackBerry Services. Heck phones might be free... but require a $39.95 monthly fee for the required Secusmart and SPARK solutions.
    You mean like make the phone work like a thin client?
    09-19-20 07:52 AM
    You mean like make the phone work like a thin client?
    Technically all mobiles are thin clients

Posted via CB10
    12-05-20 10:40 AM
    Its logical that the next phone would be worse than the one before it.
    But one way a bb can make money is a software subscription service which sets up shortcuts for the most popular apps. PSubscribers would vote for the app they want to get shortcutted every month or so. Or for specifoc shortcuts.
    The key series was actually a new low, stats clearly show people dont want small screens, yet like a dummy they come out with a phone that has a small screen. A slider is the only way forward.
    Last edited by manny2; 12-19-20 at 03:12 PM.
    12-19-20 02:57 PM
    The key series was actually a new low, stats clearly show people dont want small screens, yet like a dummy they come out with a phone that has a small screen.
    Stats also show that people don't want physical keyboards, or slider phones.
    12-19-20 03:38 PM
    Stats also show that people don't want physical keyboards, or slider phones.
    The Priv may not have sold worse than the KEY2 or LE, and its original MSRP was around twice that of the latter.

A slider doesn't necessarily have less chance of success than fixed PKB. But we do know that most people value a large screen over a keyboard.
    12-19-20 08:51 PM
    The Priv may not have sold worse than the KEY2 or LE, and its original MSRP was around twice that of the latter.

A slider doesn't necessarily have less chance of success than fixed PKB. But we do know that most people value a large screen over a keyboard.
    I prefer the larger VKB screen over the smaller PKB screen. With the PRIV, I used the VKB more than PKB more and more over time. I think problem with sliders is that users choose one form primarily and don't rely on the other form enough to make the dual form worth the hassle. Give me the KEYone or the Motion, but I don't want a PRIV 2 unless I don't have another choice. Then,I still might pass on the device since it's a real compromise.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-20 10:13 PM
    If your not using the pkb on a slider its the softwares fault for not being useful enough. The pkb is innocent. And being forced to use a pkb isnt an improvement, they are just forcing you to use it, so it feels more useful.
    Last edited by manny2; 12-30-20 at 05:23 AM.
    12-20-20 06:13 AM
46 12