Many people specially from 3rd word countries are complaining abot the price point of q10 z10 and q5.. Folks do u think bb should drop the price..or bring some ultra low end smart phones for those country to rise up market shares????

Sent from my Windows Phone
    09-05-13 12:00 PM
    Moved to Armchair CEO
    09-05-13 12:02 PM
    Many people specially from 3rd word countries are complaining abot the price point of q10 z10 and q5.. Folks do u think bb should drop the price..or bring some ultra low end smart phones for those country to rise up market shares????

Sent from my Windows Phone
    BB10 will not runing on ultra low end hardware - so they can't do that.

BlackBerry can not make devices as cheaply as these other regional manufactures can - entering the "commodity" market with nothing that differentiate your other than price, is not a possibility for BlackBerry. In some places new smartphones are less than $100 US... that might be fine if BB was getting a monthly service fee or could count on a user to spend a few hundred dollars every year on apps and content - but I don't think that is happening in these markets (or any market).
    09-05-13 12:08 PM
    While I understand you concern about pricing I think (and I readily acknowledge this may be a simple matter of semantics) your proposition falls apart by making it an issue of poor pricing in Third World nations. Third World is not synonymous with poor or underdeveloped as evidenced by the fact that it is generally accepted that Saudi Arabia, for example, is by strict definition a 3rd World nation.

Now if you are saying that the devices offered in a region and the pricing should reflect what those specific markets can bear I'm with you BUT I do not think BlackBerry has or ever had the ability to produce an array of devices in every price tier. As of now it may very well be a moot point.
    badiyee and chataddicted like this.
    09-05-13 12:20 PM