HTC has Android platform do the partnership with HTC One blackberry based on Android for consumers and second for Cooperate QNX based
    09-05-13 07:14 PM
    yes, partner with a company thats just as bad off as BlackBerry because that makes sense. Up until the HTC One, they were the BlackBerry of the Android world. HTC used to be huge, the G1, the first nexus device, but Samsung quickly took them down. HTC is slowly making their comeback with the One, but they definitely don't have the ability to partner nor buy another company.
    09-05-13 07:21 PM
    Actually, as nice a device as it is, they're still struggling with the One. And they would barely have the $7 billion to close the deal. On top of that, there's that pesky protectionist Canadian government thang.
    09-05-13 07:28 PM
    I think Samsung would is the best fit. They could use the technology to get all their other electronics and appliances to talk to each other and be controlled by a blackberry. Separating themselves from all the other Android makers.

via CB10 on ZED10
    09-05-13 07:32 PM
    A merger between 2 loser doesn't create a winner
    09-05-13 07:32 PM
    I think Samsung would is the best fit. They could use the technology to get all their other electronics and appliances to talk to each other and be controlled by a blackberry. Separating themselves from all the other Android makers.

via CB10 on ZED10
    The notion is incompatible with their development of Tizen and Knox. They have the money, sure. So does Apple. But t'aint gonna happen.
    09-05-13 07:41 PM
    Let me get this straight, you want Blackberry, a struggling company to team up with HTC, the only company is the smartphone market worst off than Blackberry?
    09-05-13 08:50 PM
    HTC has been having all sorts of internal conflicts lately.
    09-05-13 08:54 PM
    When you are drowning, hang to someone else who's also drowning. It's fun to drown together.
    09-05-13 08:57 PM
    Even if they had the extra cash to spare, why would HTC partner with BBRY? What can BBRY offer HTC? I see people offering up all sorts of partnership ideas and how good it would be for BBRY to partner with XXXXX. Sure it might be good for BBRY, but what does XXXXX get out of it? An OS that's basically been rejected by the smartphone buying public? Why would anybody want that? If you were HTC needing to make money, would you risk HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of dollars on trying to make and sell a BB10 device? HTC got enough problems, they don't need more.
    bekkay likes this.
    09-05-13 08:59 PM
    Dr. Dre (a saavy businessman) is willing to reach in his pocket and pony up cash money to buy back Beats and terminate their partnership so he doesn't have to deal with them any more.

Smart money's getting the heck away from HTC.
    09-09-13 10:52 AM
    I don't agree with the partnership with HTC, but I do admit, in my opinion they do make the nicest phones, HTC One(Android) and HTC 8X(Windows) and what's next HTC 10X(BB10???). Hmmm.......
    09-09-13 10:56 AM