I rlly wish blackberry would market more. When apple were 90 days out into shutting shop steve jobs came back and first thing he did was the think different add campaign. I know BlackBerry doesn't have the resources to spend but I'm pretty sure apple back then barely had such resources either. Where is the marketing?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-07-16 05:18 PM
    Yeah like the last BB Superbowl ad made a difference.
    02-07-16 05:34 PM
    Actually BlackBerry does quite a bit of marketing. Most people have no idea how expensive PR and analyst coverage can be for a company in Blackberry's position. Before Chen BlackBerry had very little positive trade press for several years. Most press coverage was negative. I never saw Thor being asked about anything but BlackBerry.

Chen is all over the media being asked about a variety of topics in the mobile space. A CEO or CIO reading an article and seeing quotes from Chen is much more influential than some random ad. Anyone who thinks this type of coverage is free has never been involved in a major media campaign. I think they are using their limited marketing funds very wisely.
    02-09-16 05:50 PM
    Yeah like the last BB Superbowl ad made a difference.
    Yes, it didn't because the add didn't say anything, really...

BlackBerry and Android is different and could well make a difference... :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    02-10-16 04:36 PM
    And advertising to a global market on Superbowl would have been a cornerstone? Come on! Who outside the USA had hardly heard of Superbowl and who in their right mind would spend 4 hours watching this non event of "sporr". It's just an adfest with a game that calls itself "football" but in fact is just a boring drawnout procession of gaining ground by increment. Why BlackBerry ever thought of sponsor iron this yawn if a spectacle is beyond me and obviously the rest of the world outside USA who have zero interest in this monotonous event. No wonder BlackBerry could I'll afford to advertise to the majority of the world where it matters

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 05:52 PM
    Marketing is "the activity, set of institutions, and processes for creating, communicating, delivering, and exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners, and society at large."

The fact is marketing is much more than an advertisement on television. BlackBerry does a lot of marketing including:

-internet ads
    -print ads
    -social media
    -sales professionals
    -trade shows
    -press releases
    -interviews
    -blogging
    -symposiums
    -special events

These are just what I can think of in 1 minute. I am sure they do a lot more activities that could be considered marketing.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    03-16-16 07:01 PM
    Marketing is "the activity, set of institutions, and processes for creating, communicating, delivering, and exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners, and society at large."

The fact is marketing is much more than an advertisement on television. BlackBerry does a lot of marketing including:
    Great point. And I would add that even just looking at advertising budget, BlackBerry spent $90M in advertising in the US alone in 2013. (By comparison, Apple spent $350M, HTC spent $75M and LG spent $50M).

But what did they get for that $90M? I think *maybe* 5 million sales in the US? So they basically spent about $20 per phone sale (!) in advertising. That is a lot of money.

Motorola did poorly that year also, spending nearly $200M in advertising. Further proof that advertising spending alone is not the determinant of product success.
    03-16-16 07:22 PM
    People outside the US watch the SuperBowl and the ads are on YouTube after but that SuperBowl ad would have to be spectacular since a brand new phone had an ad at the SuperBowl too

...so which one of you fine gentlemen would like to get me a ... Priv
    03-17-16 05:27 AM
    Throwback Thursday...

*C5303
    03-17-16 06:27 AM
    Throwback Thursday...

*C5303
    Good old utube. I had to watch a commercial to view a commercial. Lol

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Killjoyhere likes this.
    03-17-16 07:07 AM
    Throwback Thursday...

*C5303
    Awful commercial.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 07:27 AM
    Awful commercial.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed! Worst commercial of all time!! Who approved this? Like seriously? You don't see the phone until the end. I saw that guy the whole 30seconds, the Z10 maybe 2seconds. Ughhh

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 11:26 AM
    I don't recall seeing ONE press or media ad in the UK for ANY BB10 phones since they came out. And weren't they "late" to the market in the USA anyway, having released the phones in Europe well beforehand and no advertising to promote interest or sales. Why would I buy a phone if I couldn't see, feel it and see it in action? Sorry blackberry as I said before lack of promotion was your downfall for OS10.... probably the best OS EVER. Very poor management /marketing strategy.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 12:57 PM