If Priv is a success and BlackBerry goes Android, BlackBerry needs to keep producing BB10 phones for hardcore BlackBerry users under the premium brand Porsche Design. BlackBerry should produce those premium phones at least 300,000 units and market them at $800 to $1000.
    10-29-15 05:54 AM
    What have you been smoking?
    10-29-15 06:00 AM
    What have you been smoking?
    If P'9983 is priced at $800, are you going to buy it? Production scale will make it affordable. I view Porsche Design phones as real good products.
    10-29-15 06:08 AM
    If P'9983 is priced at $800, are you going to buy it? Production scale will make it affordable. I view Porsche Design phones as real good products.
    No. Porsche design phones were always just a brand thing.
    For example the 1st BB10 one was a Z10 in an ugly shell.
    You're right in production should make it affordable as it is not remarkable in anyway. But they were always marketed for people with more money then sense who were in need of status symbols in their life.

Your proposal would alienate its target audience, as well as miss amongst the masses as not many people are going to pay extra for nothing
    10-29-15 10:06 AM
    Porsche Design phones are for the nouveau riche, Gulf Arabs and other groups blessed with more cash than sense.

If BlackBerry are making money off of the Porsche Design deal, then they can still consider expending minimum effort to get the occasional football team owner to shell out a couple grand. But, since this is BlackBerry, they probably aren't.

Their refreshed emphasis on privilege and privacy is not mutually inclusive with the gaudiness prestige of the Porsche Design line, though.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 10:56 AM
    I like that idea...but when the Priv price point is out of reach for some, paying $2000 for a BB10 is a tough pill to swallow. ...the average selling price of a bb10 these days is $240

Posted via CB10 and the BlackBerry Passport
    10-29-15 12:56 PM
    You're right in production should make it affordable as it is not remarkable in anyway. But they were always marketed for people with more money then sense who were in need of status symbols in their life.

Your proposal would alienate its target audience, as well as miss amongst the masses as not many people are going to pay extra for nothing
    Current strategy targeting on low end phones with cheap plastics did not generate profit to make the phone making business sustainable. BB10 will die. Whoever runs BlackBerry is happy with current plan with BB10 phone, which is let it die. In that case, which target audience are you talking about?

I am suggesting to offer high end $800 phone. The target audience cares about style and quality, not so much about latest tech packed in plastics. I think it might generate cash for the company.
    10-29-15 06:20 PM
    Porsche Design phones are for the nouveau riche, Gulf Arabs and other groups blessed with more cash than sense.

If BlackBerry are making money off of the Porsche Design deal, then they can still consider expending minimum effort to get the occasional football team owner to shell out a couple grand. But, since this is BlackBerry, they probably aren't.

Their refreshed emphasis on privilege and privacy is not mutually inclusive with the gaudiness prestige of the Porsche Design line, though.

Posted via CB10
    Agree. My point, though, is to make that phone more affordable. $800 might be a sweet spot. It will attract people who can afford iPhone 6+, and high end Android phone.
    10-29-15 06:24 PM
    I like that idea...but when the Priv price point is out of reach for some, paying $2000 for a BB10 is a tough pill to swallow. ...the average selling price of a bb10 these days is $240

Posted via CB10 and the BlackBerry Passport
    $2000 is the issue. Totally agree. Porsche Design brand has created brand value for BlackBerry phone. Better do something to take advantage of that. If BlackBerry can sell $2000 phone at $800, people might buy it.
    10-29-15 06:28 PM
    I could see a BB10 handset under the SecureSmart model shown with the Galaxy tablet. Super-niche $2K device for security needs of high level government and corporate: all communications routed thru BES12 etc.
    10-29-15 06:35 PM
    Agree. My point, though, is to make that phone more affordable. $800 might be a sweet spot. It will attract people who can afford iPhone 6+, and high end Android phone.
    No it wouldn't. It'd have the same turnoffs as BB10, but coupled with being too cheap for the target market to waste their money on.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 07:43 PM
    Current strategy targeting on low end phones with cheap plastics did not generate profit to make the phone making business sustainable. BB10 will die. Whoever runs BlackBerry is happy with current plan with BB10 phone, which is let it die. In that case, which target audience are you talking about?

I am suggesting to offer high end $800 phone. The target audience cares about style and quality, not so much about latest tech packed in plastics. I think it might generate cash for the company.
    Thats because they overpriced the cheap phones!
    The best selling Blackberry will always be the Curve and there's a reason for that.

Can you not remember that Blackberry tried the premium route without actually offering premium devices? It failed then so I'm not sure why it would be suggested again.
    The Porsche designs probably generate money as so few are made so the profits are meaningful.

The one thing Blacberry can do to help themselves shift devices is learn how to price them properly
    10-30-15 03:33 AM
    I'm surely off topic, but as the situation unfolds it seems to me that Blackberry is turning itself in Porsche design for Android.
    We have several flagship labelled "by Porsche design" soon we'll have android phones "design by Blackberry".

Just sharing my thoughts.

From Passport with love and bb10.3.2.2474
    11-25-15 11:24 PM
    No it wouldn't. It'd have the same turnoffs as BB10, but coupled with being too cheap for the target market to waste their money on.

Posted via CB10
    It's gotta have that $2000 price tag for the brag... ging rights... :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    11-25-15 11:39 PM
    $2000 is the issue. Totally agree. Porsche Design brand has created brand value for BlackBerry phone. Better do something to take advantage of that. If BlackBerry can sell $2000 phone at $800, people might buy it.
    If Toyota start building their carmy with same materials as Ferrari supercars(design-wise still the same carmy) and sell them at 100k MSRP. Will you accept it's a bargain or a rip-off to you?

Just saying
    11-26-15 12:56 AM
    It's gotta have that $2000 price tag for the brag... ging rights... :-)

"Hey, check this out, I bought this watch for $3000!"

"That's nothing, I bought the same one for $4000!"
    Moseo13 and Jerry A like this.
    11-26-15 10:56 PM
    I agree, just please don't use porche design line, it's ugly phone with porche word engraved.

Maybe any other uniquely designed phone like passport, 1500 usd works for me if the warranty last up to 3 years, it will give me enough time to save some money to buy another 1500 bucks BlackBerry 10 phone after three years. LOl

 Passport via CB10 || previous device : Q10, Z3, Z10, Storm 9530, 8520, 8530, 9000, 8320
    11-27-15 09:13 AM
    I agree, just please don't use porche design line, it's ugly phone with porche word engraved.

Maybe any other uniquely designed phone like passport, 1500 usd works for me if the warranty last up to 3 years, it will give me enough time to save some money to buy another 1500 bucks BlackBerry 10 phone after three years. LOl
    Every BlackBerry phone I owned lasted 3 years easily. I am willing to pay 800-1000 bucks for a premium quality BlackBerry phone. 1500 bucks might be a little bit too much! :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 12:17 PM
    "Hey, check this out, I bought this watch for $3000!"

"That's nothing, I bought the same one for $4000!"
    Absolutely, ... lol ;-)

11-29-15 07:10 PM

More money than sense and need a status symbol? That's awfully judgmental. Don't take this the wrong way, but once you have a certain amount of money, sense is totally subjective. I have no problem spending $1150 on a phone or $17,000 on a Rolex, but won't spend more than $29.99 on jeans or $70 at most on shoes. To you that doesn't make "sense"...to me I earn everything I buy and could care less about status. In the 9 months I've had my PD Graphite P'9983...one person has asked me about it. You get the same "....it's a BlackBerry" and the stare down regardless of if it says Porsche Design or not. It's just like the Rolex. Some people think it's a status thing and it is if you're around people who know watches but to the average Joe, if you don't point out it's a Rolex...it looks like any other Stainless Watch and Bracelet.

I agree that if BlackBerry 10 is going to be kept going, only releasing Porsche Design models is not the way to go, but I disagree with your reasoning.
    11-29-15 07:44 PM
    More money than sense and need a status symbol? That's awfully judgmental. Don't take this the wrong way, but once you have a certain amount of money, sense is totally subjective. I have no problem spending $1150 on a phone or $17,000 on a Rolex, but won't spend more than $29.99 on jeans or $70 at most on shoes. To you that doesn't make "sense"...to me I earn everything I buy and could care less about status. In the 9 months I've had my PD Graphite P'9983...one person has asked me about it. You get the same "....it's a BlackBerry" and the stare down regardless of if it says Porsche Design or not. It's just like the Rolex. Some people think it's a status thing and it is if you're around people who know watches but to the average Joe, if you don't point out it's a Rolex...it looks like any other Stainless Watch and Bracelet.

I agree that if BlackBerry 10 is going to be kept going, only releasing Porsche Design models is not the way to go, but I disagree with your reasoning.
    So you'd be happy spending up to ten times more on a phone purely based on cosmetic reasoning? No technical reason exists for Porsche Design phones. So yeah, call it judgemental but if you buy a phone model that is priced far over the exactly same model but in a different shell then yes you have more money than sense!
    11-29-15 08:07 PM
    So you'd be happy spending up to ten times more on a phone purely based on cosmetic reasoning? No technical reason exists for Porsche Design phones. So yeah, call it judgemental but if you buy a phone model that is priced far over the exactly same model but in a different shell then yes you have more money than sense!
    It's just a ridiculous statement to label/lump every Porsche Design owner into one group. There may be some who who fit your mold or others with 2x amount of sense as you and 100x the amount of money. So yeah...more money than sense but only because they have so much money! It's really just dumb to go back and forth with this.

Any Porsche Design owner will disagree with you. It's not to me about status at all. I stayed away from the Porsche Design until the Graphite model came out. I liked it, so I bought it. If it was $499 and was just your ordinary BlackBerry and didn't say Porsche Design, I still would have bought it. It just so happens I could afford the $1150 so why is that a problem? For work I am issued an iPhone 6s. Currently I'm using an iPhone 6s for personal use as well. My Porsche Design is well...boxed and may never be activated again...who knows!? But the fact that I can afford to have an $1150 phone I don't use doesn't mean I lack "sense".

Anyway, my whole point was that I agree that keeping BB10 alive through Porsche Design is a horrible idea, but that said I don't agree with your reasoning. That's all. I think that there will be a Porsche Design based on the Classic and/or Passport and that's the last one we will see. [Suggestion] BlackBerry needs to keep producing BB10 phones under the premium brand Porsche Design-imageuploadedbycb-forums1448854246.478170.jpg
    darkehawke likes this.
    11-29-15 09:31 PM
    Suggestion: BlackBerry needs to take BB10 out back and put a bullet in between its eyes.

Seriously, BB10 is by far the largest failure EVER in the smartphone industry. No mobile platform has lost its maker as much money as BB10 has. BlackBerry has burnt through several billions of dollars because of BB10 and I can't believe that there are still people wanting to see it continue on.

BB10 is the Hiroshi Ouchi of the smartphone industry. 99.9% of the world knows that it should be allowed to die peacefully, but that 0.1% still selfishly believes that it should continue on even though there is absolutely no chance of it making a recovery. Just keep it on life support even though it is goner right?

Google Hiroshi Ouchi if you don't know who that is.

The damage has been done, BB10 is dead. Making it continue on at this point is just cruel. Let it die already. There is no chance of BB10 ever being a successful product for BlackBerry. So let it go. Let it go. Let that multi billion dollar failure go.
    11-29-15 10:30 PM
    It's just a ridiculous statement to label/lump every Porsche Design owner into one group. There may be some who who fit your mold or others with 2x amount of sense as you and 100x the amount of money. So yeah...more money than sense but only because they have so much money! It's really just dumb to go back and forth with this.

Any Porsche Design owner will disagree with you. It's not to me about status at all. I stayed away from the Porsche Design until the Graphite model came out. I liked it, so I bought it. If it was $499 and was just your ordinary BlackBerry and didn't say Porsche Design, I still would have bought it. It just so happens I could afford the $1150 so why is that a problem? For work I am issued an iPhone 6s. Currently I'm using an iPhone 6s for personal use as well. My Porsche Design is well...boxed and may never be activated again...who knows!? But the fact that I can afford to have an $1150 phone I don't use doesn't mean I lack "sense".

Anyway, my whole point was that I agree that keeping BB10 alive through Porsche Design is a horrible idea, but that said I don't agree with your reasoning. That's all. I think that there will be a Porsche Design based on the Classic and/or Passport and that's the last one we will see. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1448854246.478170.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	382579
    Can I ask what made you get a Porsche blackberry?
    I'd understand if there was something different about them technically. But they are pretty much a z10 or q10. I just don't understand it. What makes you get that when there is literally the same thing for a cheaper price?
    11-30-15 01:19 AM
    Can I ask what made you get a Porsche blackberry?
    I'd understand if there was something different about them technically. But they are pretty much a z10 or q10. I just don't understand it. What makes you get that when there is literally the same thing for a cheaper price?
    Buy the Porsche Design P'9983 and use it. Compare it to the Q10 and you'll understand.
    11-30-15 07:04 AM
29 12