Steve Jobs decided what YOU liked. Not the other way around. He ignored market research and said "fu*k the keyboard, you're too stupid to know what you like". I'm paraphrasing a bit. Apparently you don't know how much you miss the keyboard on your phone. Jobs saw to that.

Here's what all BlackBerrys should look like, not what Jobs said. You pick the color, I like red

Steve Jobs is to blame for the state BB is in-capture.jpg
    08-21-13 07:05 PM
    Now you're filling in for Steve? Unfortunately, his shoes are a bit big for you.
    mikeo007, Henraay0623 and SubCamp like this.
    08-21-13 07:15 PM
    Why a Q5 over a Q10? Q10 is clearly a superior device, just sayin'.

Via my Zormtrooper - v.10.2.0.1047
    08-21-13 07:18 PM
    Nah, it's an old-form blackberry with10, not Q5. And yes, exactly BlackBerry should say you only can have a keypad if you want a BB. Worked for Steve.

I'm not playing Steve, BlackBerry should is what I'm saying. I wasn't clear?
    LuisCast likes this.
    08-21-13 07:26 PM
    Nope he produced a product that was substantially different and no one took Apple seriously when they entered the market. Everyone has the free will to buy what they want and they choose the iPhone.

Steve was right and Blackberry was wrong and they're paying for that mistake.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk 4
    helio9965, Al Watson and shief24 like this.
    08-21-13 07:27 PM
    Steve Jobs decided what YOU liked. Not the other way around. He ignored market research and said "fu*k the keyboard, you're too stupid to know what you like". I'm paraphrasing a bit. Apparently you don't know how much you miss the keyboard on your phone. Jobs saw to that.

Here's what all BlackBerrys should look like, not what Jobs said. You pick the color, I like red
    That's a new one.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using the CB Forums app
    08-21-13 07:31 PM
    you assumed that all users out there let someone else run their lives, I assume it is the opposite..I buy whatever I like and so are most people
    08-21-13 07:31 PM
    Steve Jobs Jr in the opening post says the Q5 is better than the Q10.

Again forget the market research.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 07:36 PM
    The opening post said the Q5 is better than Q10? Where

ITS NOT A Q5, ITS A PHOTOSHOPPED 9900 SERIES..OH NEVER MIND

Posted via CB10
    LuisCast likes this.
    08-21-13 07:50 PM
    you assumed that all users out there let someone else run their lives, I assume it is the opposite..I buy whatever I like and so are most people
    Well, not always. People buy also things that other buy, iPhone is example of that, actually even Blackberry used to be example of that. If we go some years back, there where already smartphones on the market, and real good ones, but blackberry dominated the financial market especially in the US (the US at that time did not have too much use of smartphones), the reasons that it dominated are not in the scope to be discussed right now, but after the huge penetration in the financial market in the US, people from other countries wanted to feel the ?same? like their friends in the US and they started buying BlackBerry. I have a lot of customers which own BlackBerry just because their ?upper class? friends have one (not because they can communicate thru bbm). I also have customers that have blackberry because they think suddenly more important by having one.
    Most of those customers, if they are not bound with a BES server, are changing to iPhones and guess why, because their friends have one. A lot of them don't use applications and don't search for any, just simple email.
    When I am saying ?customers? I am saying about managers of multi million euros companies.

So basically, someone else decided for them.

Also when I am saying better smartphones, I mean that the real power behind BlackBerry all this years was actually BES and not the devices. BES was the main reason BlackBerry got into the market and gained them huge popularity.

Posted via CB10
    LuisCast likes this.
    08-21-13 07:56 PM
    It's true! I use to love burger King bit Steve Jobs told me I liked Wendy's better. I haven't been to bk since.
    LWKING and MasterOfBinary like this.
    08-21-13 08:21 PM
    Chick Filet says you can't eat there on Sundays. Damn Steve Jobs
    LWKING likes this.
    08-21-13 08:27 PM
    It's best to stay away from apple. Tools, not toys!
    08-21-13 08:35 PM
    It's best to stay away from apple. Tools, not toys!
    The best thing is to stay away from marketing, and use common sense and knowledge.
    A lot of great products where vanished because of marketing.

Posted via CB10
    LuisCast and BBrickk like this.
    08-21-13 08:48 PM
    The opening post said the Q5 is better than Q10? Where

ITS NOT A Q5, ITS A PHOTOSHOPPED 9900 SERIES..OH NEVER MIND

Posted via CB10
    Dude that is not a 9900, it's a curve at best. The 9900 has silver bars between keyboard rows and ferrets on the individual buttons.

Attachment 194559
    08-21-13 08:51 PM
    Boy...this armchair CEO sub-forum is really taking off
    08-21-13 08:52 PM
    Steve Jobs is to blame for the state BB is in-crackberry-image.jpg

Steve Jobs is to blame for the state BB is in-blackberry-q5-7.jpg

Your photo above and Q5 below. See the similarities?

08-21-13 08:56 PM
    I do. It was an illustration, that's all. My bad. Self flogging now.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 08:58 PM
    100000% true .... market always follow thair own choices .. not what the company what ever they bring ..

blackberry still living in 10 year old market

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	966 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	194543
    08-21-13 09:04 PM
    08-21-13 09:08 PM
    Hollywood does exactly the same ... make a movie ... call it a blockbuster .. and watch the $ roll in ... there are a few flops along the way like John Carter and Lone Ranger but by and large whatever crap they put out people will watch it .... if i wasnt for the apps the IPhone would have died a few years ago, its a pile of crap as well but a well marketed pile of crap
    08-21-13 09:20 PM
    Steve Jobs Was a marketing genius they created the ipad first then they found out they could turn in it into a phone then they tweaked the ipad for 8 years( I'm guessing on the years) and apple had people on the board that were in other areas industries . Also they already made computers in my opinion they already had a design infrastructure in place. BlackBerry should have made a laptop or desktop to diversify it's products

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 07:46 AM
    If it hadn't been Steve it would have been someone else. A lot of people were looking a touch screen devices, the only problem is they couldn't justify the price. Steve used the iPod and it's already large user base to provide a single device that could serve two purposes... and was cheaper than buying two different devices - an iPod and a Smartphone. And coming from a computer background, he taught that application more advanced than what was currently on existing phone could be very useful for customers. And he put it in a pretty nice little package... and the rest is history.

Steve always taught about the customers and what would work for them and what they would by. I'm not sure anyone at BlackBerry (or Apple) is willing to bring themselves down to that level.
    08-22-13 03:27 PM
    Steve jobs saw that the holy grail of conputer development was to create a device where the user decided nothing, the device dictated every thing and that the end user would not notice because they believed that they were getting value and something for free where infact they had just hard wired a huge international marketing machine to thier cerebral coretex.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 05:37 PM
    At least he created something.
    08-22-13 06:00 PM
36 12