I would keep on with BlackBerry OS 10. It is a quality OS designed for production.

I would CERTAINLY NOT kill BlackBerry World.

I have tried Android from another phone manufacturer and l have to say it's jarring compared to BlackBerry OS 10 & especially compared to BBOS 6.

Android feels like an adult being abducted and imprisoned in a nursery room specially prepared for the occasion, with lots of toys to play with and all the shiny things, squaky things and cute beeping sounds a toddler could want. You're not allowed out, and you've actually signed a release form agreeing to be there.

I have made a list of BlackBerry OS 10 improvements and a vision for future BlackBerry devices, at https://reason.works/it/blackberry.html

Please take a read. Some of the criticisms are mistakes / obsolete but as a whole l consider it a brilliant article.

Main areas for improvement to BlackBerry OS 10:
    - Expand BlackBerry World. This is the opposite of killing it. Reason: because BlackBerry is a good platform, and it can make money too.

- Just get some decent reviews out there comparing BlackBerry OS to Android. Make sure everyone knows the differences.

- Improve browser, give option to disallow photos, Java, Flash.

- Camera app improvements

- WP & Spreadsheet overhaul

- Improve the Maps & Weather apps.

and so on.

I listed a lot of my ideas on the old BlackBerry forum, but was met with a bizarre - and predictable - rejection. I guess this is standard for decent ideas. So please note: this is not a declaration of war, this is an attempt to help out, and this subforum is precisely for people that want to be CEO for a day!
    07-03-18 07:51 PM
    Interesting.. however.. the CEO and the company as a whole has moved on. There is no soldiering on. The war has been lost and the soliders have returned home.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    07-03-18 07:59 PM
    Oh yes, l've just realised that TCL have taken over the phones entirely. Buy back? If Ripley can be reincarnated replete with memories + new basketball skills, just from a spot of blood found in a forlorn lead works ... anything, my friend, is possible. Let's do this.
    07-03-18 08:04 PM
    Oh yes, l've just realised that TCL have taken over the phones entirely. Buy back? If Ripley can be reincarnated replete with memories + new basketball skills, just from a spot of blood found in a forlorn lead works ... anything, my friend, is possible. Let's do this.
    Yo.. pass it down pass it around, don’t keep it all to yourself...

Now I’m hungry....
    anon(10484416) likes this.
    07-03-18 08:23 PM
    Solemnly hands over glass pipe, clay pipe, rollie, long bamboo tube, and some banana peels.
    07-03-18 08:43 PM